Is it true that most gays don't really accept bisexuals?

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I personally don't support the idea of bisexuality. I won't go too deep into my reasons but I'll drop this:

People that are precise attract me more then people I percieve as indecisive. >_>

I don't hate them but I don't support the idea either. So I'd never date one, only befriend.

Dude, I think your perception's a bit screwed up. It's not an idea. It's a fact and whether you support it or not is like saying WW I and II didn't take place. Being bisexual has nothing to do with being indecisive. Our basic sexual needs and instincts are fueled irrespective of gender.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
keep in mind --- it is unfathomable to the rest of us -- we who are only attracted to one or the other gender ... so, it does appear like so much fence sitting

WangerOver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I really think a portion of gay men don't accept bisexuality. I've had the discussion with some that just insist it's going to go in one direction or the other. It's pretty offensive IMO to tell someone what goes on in their head is nonsense.

I've just come to the conclusion to not bring it up at all. I don't need to label myself really. I have been attracted to all sorts of people and that has remained the same for some time.

WangerOver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Dude, I think your perception's a bit screwed up. It's not an idea. It's a fact and whether you support it or not is like saying WW I and II didn't take place. Being bisexual has nothing to do with being indecisive. Our basic sexual needs and instincts are fueled irrespective of gender.

Well spoken.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What a silly example you've used. Also, that sounds a bit primal.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am 100% gay and I get quite annoyed when I hear people refer to themselves as bisexual. I think that sex and love are two different concepts which is why I don't believe bisexuality really exists. I do think it's possible for a person to have sex with both men and women but when it comes to actually being in love with someone, you're either gay or straight. I find people who see themselves as bisexual are really just deluded and pretentious wankers who think they're more interesting than they really are. They are confusing sex with love and I find them to be a waste of my time.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am 100% gay and I get quite annoyed when I hear people refer to themselves as bisexual. I think that sex and love are two different concepts which is why I don't believe bisexuality really exists. I do think it's possible for a person to have sex with both men and women but when it comes to actually being in love with someone, you're either gay or straight. I find people who see themselves as bisexual are really just deluded and pretentious wankers who think they're more interesting than they really are. They are confusing sex with love and I find them to be a waste of my time.

Why couldn't you love someone who touches your soul regardless if it's a guy or a girl. I've had relationships with both, (sexually only with women) but I've had male friends I've felt closer to emotionally and I had to wonder if we would have worked out "there" too. I think you're confusing lust with love...everyone likes a good go 'round in the sack but if you can stand to eat their cooking - there might be something more there!

WangerOver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Some peoples brains and emotions are wired differently. There is no question some of us can fall in love and get attached to different people, animals and things.

Humans and sexes are no different. If the argument is that one cannot fall in love with a particular sex, then what determines what the sex is? Some men can act more effeminate than women. Is it purely then based on whether the person was born with a penis or vagina?

It just makes sense to people who consider themselves BI. But maybe it doesn't make sense to others. That's fine. I'm sure some people don't think it makes sense that you are only able to fall in love with your own sex.

On another note some people think that pets like dogs and cats have feelings and end up loving and cherishing their pets. Can you tell someone that they will never love a dog because they are a cat person? I mean there is no rhyme or reason to a lot of emotions. Shit, I wake up pissed sometimes for no reason. Sometimes I wake up in a great mood. It rarely is based on fact, it's just what is.

If bisexuality is not something you believe in fine. But if you are actively Denouncing it as something that doesn't exist maybe you should consider how many people think that Homosexuality is a defect. It comes off as preaching when people say Bisexuality isn't real. Its one thing to have your beliefs, it's another to have those beliefs forced on you.

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Silly example? No! You stated that you "personally don't support the idea of bisexuality." Thus, as a result of your cognitive behavior, you implied that you didn't think bisexuality exists. My retort was that bisexuality is not an idea but a fact of life whether you like it or not. Goggle idea and you'll find "Something, such as a thought or conception, that potentially or actually exists in the mind as a product of mental activity." To mentally deny such a fact is incomprehensible. Ignoring what you state in your profile, all I'll say is: GROW UP!

Media
If bisexuality is not something you believe in fine. But if you are actively Denouncing it as something that doesn't exist maybe you should consider how many people think that Homosexuality is a defect. It comes off as preaching when people say Bisexuality isn't real. Its one thing to have your beliefs, it's another to have those beliefs forced on you.
AMEN. :cool:

shinato

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i have no problem with this. my boyfriend is bisexual and we have been together for over 3 years.

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Different things turn different people on that's part of the fun of attraction and sex
Live and let live. Its not anyones business to judge anyone else on their sexuality if a guy likes a guy then fine. If a guy likes a guy and a girl what's the problem? What's the big deal? Acceptance is surely how we should all treat each other as human beings.
Also show me a gay guy who doesn't find some pretty girls attractive. Sexuality is complex and I can't understand my some people want to categorise box and label things when its a much more sophistocated spectrum.
As for gay guys allegedly not accepting or liking bi-dudes well that's not my personal experience. No gay guy has refused a bit of hot horny sex when they learn I like a bit of fish and fowl so to speak

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
..... Sexuality is complex and I can't understand my some people want to categorise box and label things when its a much more sophistocated spectrum.

DJ, I'm probably at the extreme end of that spectrum in that my bisexuality has nothing to do with love, emotions other than lust, and the fact that after years of experience with both genders, I prefer not fall into some commitment trap.

YouTube - Tina Turner - What's Love Got to Do with It

We all know that women have problems with men that aren't willing to commit. My 3 bi-buds with whom I'm sexually active feel much the same way as I and we're in it only for the raw sex. Personally, in terms of a spectrum there are probably a number of gay guys that can't handle a partner unless there's emotional involvement, such as love in return.

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
DJ, I'm probably at the extreme end of that spectrum in that my bisexuality has nothing to do with love, emotions other than lust, and the fact that after years of experience with both genders, I prefer not fall into some commitment trap.

YouTube - Tina Turner - What's Love Got to Do with It

We all know that women have problems with men that aren't willing to commit. My 3 bi-buds with whom I'm sexually active feel much the same way as I and we're in it only for the raw sex. Personally, in terms of a spectrum there are probably a number of gay guys that can't handle a partner unless there's emotional involvement, such as love in return.

Savage dude! I'm sure if I was tucked up in your bed wanting both your lust and also a bit of horny loving you wouldn't say no. I'm sure if this boy fluttered his eyes at you and showed you his horny boy hole you'd be willing to show me that a man can give this boy both lust and love! Xx

Hefty

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm bi. Sometimes I fuck women, sometimes I fuck men. Sometimes I fall in love with a man, and sometimes with a woman. There's nothing indecisive about that, nor is it self-delusion or "trying to be interesting".

That such crap should come from gay people, who have themselves been marginalised and persecuted by straight people and the all-pervasive heteronormativity of modern society, is totally beyond me. It just goes to show that the persecuted are in no way exempt from becoming the persecutors when opportunity arises.

Grow up. Give to others what you demand from society for yourselves.

BigLittleMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

this is an excellent point.

i've known guys who call themselves "bi" because they want sex with a man but when it comes down to an actual relationship, they want a woman. and as willow78 states, this is less about true sexuality and more about just being horny.

so does the fact that i don't want to have meaningless sex with some horny guy mean i'm not "accepting" of bi's?

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Silly example? No! You stated that you "personally don't support the idea of bisexuality." Thus, as a result of your cognitive behavior, you implied that you didn't think bisexuality exists. My retort was that bisexuality is not an idea but a fact of life whether you like it or not. Goggle idea and you'll find "Something, such as a thought or conception, that potentially or actually exists in the mind as a product of mental activity." To mentally deny such a fact is incomprehensible. Ignoring what you state in your profile, all I'll say is: GROW UP!
It's funny how people try and over-analyze others. Still as silly as ever. Oh well, lost cause here. No reason to speak to one another.

I personally don't support the idea of bisexuality. I won't go too deep into my reasons but I'll drop this:

People that are precise attract me more then people I percieve as indecisive. >_>

I don't hate them but I don't support the idea either. So I'd never date one, only befriend.

It's funny how people try and over-analyze others. Still as silly as ever. Oh well, lost cause here. No reason to speak to one another.

Syddy, do you not see this as rather like the evolution thread? Bisexuality exists as a fact of science. Perhaps if I drew upon a familiar analogy you might understand:

Homosexuals suffer from a mental illness that makes them believe they want to have sex and relationships with people of the same sex.

Sound familiar? To claim that bisexuality doesn't exist in fact is to also say that it's abnormal and founded upon denial or mental illness. I wasn't sure it truly existed either until I started reading the peer-reviewed published studies from people with more PhDs than I can count.

You have no idea how the lack of acceptance really harmed me. I had fallen in love with women before yet also discovered that I felt sexual longings for men beyond the adolescent experimentation phase. It was just recently I discovered I could feel something emotional for men as well. It seems odd to me even now but at least I have a bunch of doctors and professors telling me I'm not some Buffalo Bill-type pervert who only thinks he's bisexual.

I was rejected by the straight world when I wasn't in the mood to find girls, and I was rejected by the gay world, the one place I had hoped to find some refuge because hey, I like to stick my cock in other men. Nope. I got called a liar, a self-loathing fag, a bigot, weak, and in denial, all because a whole host of gays didn't believe in bisexuality. It all happened when I was your age too and it was a time when being gay wasn't nearly as socially acceptable as it is today. That universal rejection pushed me to suicide and made me feel as if I was unworthy of love from anyone of either sex.

So be careful what you say because you could find another self-hating-fag-pretending-to-be-bi swinging from a rafter or dead in the garage with car running. The irony is that all the gays who read what happened in the newspaper will cluck their tongues and shake their heads at how sad it is that the straight world still drives gay people to such ends as they then think to themselves, 'Alas! If only straights were more accepting!'

Just one of the things that alienates me from mainstream gay pop culture.