Is it weird for two straight guys to share a bed?

ocolus8109

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Me and one of my good friends always end up sleeping together in a full size bed when we crash at each others place. Nothing sexual at all. Neither of us have thought twice about it, but do other people do that? Not that its going to stop just beacuse people think its weird, I just didn't know if other guys do that lol.

LetsGo2007

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No there's nothing weird about it. It's just two people sleeping. I don't know why guys have such a hang out about it. I have a straight friend that I've had to sleep with in the same bed or tent with and he gets all weirded out about it.

Mr_Optimism

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
lol is this even a real question? that's like a high school concern.

homophobia is almost the leading cause of homosexuality. it comes second only to taking/giving it in the ass. fact.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've always found that so fucking stupid. When I was a freshman in high school, I was in the Future Business Leaders of America, and we won regionals, and went to state, which was in Birmingham. Well, the deal was, whoever paid first was guarnteed (<---obviously misspelled) a bed. Well, I was the first to pay in my group. Well there were 3 other older guys who were to sleep in the same room. Well, when it came time for bed, two of the guys (who were practally brothers) hopped into bed together (queen size beds), and I got in my bed. Well the 4th guy was all freaked out and grabbed a pillow and a sheet and headed to the floor. I spoke up and said, 'dude you don't have to sleep in the floor.' He got all flustered and said (abruptly) 'No.' I gave him a WTF look, said 'whatever' and laid down and went to sleep.

I mean what the hell? How fucking stupid is that? When I was younger, if I went over to spend the night at another friends house (or vice versa) 99% of the time I slept in the same bed with them.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I always slept in the same bad as my best friend when we were kids and into high school and college. I not only like it but it is comforting to me. It's amazing to be close and sleeping with someone you love.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is another of those weird double standards society has. No one blinks an eyelid if two girls share but if two guys share . . .

Personally, I don't think it's weird at all.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I sleep with all my friends.....Str8, gay, women, men....They all know I am gay, so if I sleep with a str8 friend and he doesn`t find it weird, why would it be strange for 2 str8 men to sleep together?

Hell me and my best friend sleep in the same bed all the time. Nothing bad about it

farmhand

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
America has become MORE "puritan" than the Puritans who founded it. During Colonial times, travelers slept MULTIPLE people crammed into small room (cheapest rate) -- and I suppose there WAS some "touchie-feelie" if someone felt could get away with it. During American West settlement, there, too, "cheapest rate" was a common "bunkroom" (often just a room where you got little more than straw-filled mat, but it was out of weather). During Great Depression travelers often 'slept together" -- even "businessmen" might share a room/bed to conserve precious few funds. Even after WW-II my dad spoke of business trips where at least shared a room with business partner, and "bath down the hall" (only a sink in the room; in which other guy pissed, which annoyed my dad--figured improper, tho other fellow said he probably was nowhere near the first one to piss in the sink). Only as gluttonous Americans started getting their own cars and stopped mass transit (trains), did pvt-bath hotel and motels start developing. It's STILL very common in Europe to have "zimmer ohne bad" (room without bath) (less expensive) -- shared bath "down the hall." Although sometimes there IS a cold (maybe not hot) water sink in the room --or often only cold PIPED to the room, with an "instant hot" device, which MIGHT be coin-operated.

Gedackt8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Please....I've shared a bed with one of my best gay friends (who, for the record, is quite attractive) and there was nothing going on. Don't worry about it -- just go to sleep.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If sharing a bed with another person suddenly has sexual connotations then I have actually been with a shockingly high amount of women.

There's no harm in it at all, as others have said, it's just sleeping.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i know some guys who would rather lose a limb than share a bed with another guy...

although it's not an ideal situation, i could deal with it...actually, there's only been 1 occasion in my adult life when i shared a bed with another guy...i was on a wknd trip with a guy i used to coach with and one of our former athletes...we all shared a hotel room...2 beds, 3 men...

i didn't think anything of it, but i hardly got any sleep at all...i was EXTREMELY uncomfortable...don't get the wrong idea...it was a problem because the guy talked in his sleep & thrashed around all night...it really freaked me out.