Is it wrong to show a bulge?

jimbo67: There have been several posts recently suggesting that it is wrong to show a crotch or leg bulge. It has been stated that guys who show bulges are lookng for attention.

For some of us, it is difficult not to show a bulge. Everyone knows what hangs between a guy's legs. Is it a problem if the outline of the cock and balls can be detected once in a while? Showing a bulge is not always intentional, sometimes it just happens.

tomarctus: Showing a bulge has never been out of place in my life, work, social circle or city where I live. I've always shown a bulge. No one has complained yet, but many have seemed to enjoy the show. I've received many, many compliments.

swimguy_14: depends on the person whos seein it, is it wrong to show clevage?. i sure dont think so

rangersean: "Wrong" is not the right word. Inappropriate would be a better word. And it's ALL situational.

Is is "wrong" to go nude all the time? Not in my opinion. Would I do it? No. I can get cold, and I actually care about the comfort of others as well. I ain't that pretty.

Is it ALWAYS inappropriate to show a bulge or cleavage? No. Is it ALWAYS appropriate? No.

Would you wear a speedo to a wedding? Not most weddings.
Would you wear a tuxedo to a pool party? Not most pool parties.

Same idea.

dotadone: I had no idea when i was in high school that i was "hung" and i wore my size 501s. and always showed bulge, my wife told me she thought it was on purpose. now i love to show my body the way it is, if there is a bulge too bad, i dress nice and will not change my style for other people to feel at ease. if people look at my crotch then they should see just what they are expecting to see. long live low-rise jeans

vkngsxgd8

Sexy Member
Media
depends on the situation i guess, but i have never been ashamed of what i have, and it is almost always visible no matter what type of pants i wear, be it suit-slacks, jeans, shorts, even in baggie corduroys there is definitely a noticeable "bulge" up front ... and as for underwear, loose boxer-briefs with one button fly's are mine of choice, because they let you hang free so your cock is naturally distended and sized, and also lets your balls hang nicely, and being i have large lowhangers, that can be a good thing, unless its really warm out, in which case sometimes snugger boxer-briefs work better for support ...

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=rangersean link=board=clothing;num=1074998769;start=0#4 date=01/25/04 at 14:02:30]"Wrong" is not the right word. Inappropriate would be a better word. And it's ALL situational.
[/quote]

I agree. I have a considerable soft endowment; a bulge is inevitable. However, it would be appropriate to try to minimize the bulge in certain situations. I do not agree with the statement that guys who show bulges are looking for attention. While living in New Orleans I freeballed for comfort's sake. Anyone who has ever been to New Orleans for Mardi Gras or Southern Decadence knows that it takes more than a prominent cock bulge to cause raised eyebrows in the Big Easy! Now that I will be teaching high school English, it's more appropriate that I downplay my size. Sure, I'll still have a bulge, but the spectacle my cock causes when freeballing is definitely inappropriate in a high school classroom setting.

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
I don't think it is "wrong" to show a bulge. It is just part of the male body. In casual settings I pretty much always do, since I don't wear loose fitting jeans, etc.

However, in certain situations I am distrete; like at work. Certainly, in a teaching setting, and in "polite" company like older relatives, etc. Our society is still hung-up (pardon the pun) about cocks and their visibility. Too bad, but true, so I exercise discretion in certain settings.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=clothing;num=1074998769;start=0#7 date=01/25/04 at 20:43:17]

"....I have a considerable soft endowment; a bulge is inevitable. However, it would be appropriate to try to minimize the bulge in certain situations. I do not agree with the statement that guys who show bulges are looking for attention..."

[/quote]

This is a great summation of my thoughts, too.

I've gone for years fearful of the bulge factor to some degree. Getting older (and "hanging" around here) leads me now to believe I wasted years worrying and fretting needlessly.

I can't necessarily conceal my dimensions in every clothing situation. And when I do happen "to reveal" it's not for some deliberately- intended purpose to draw attention to myself. --I don't need more attention!

I learned to accept for example, that virtually any kind of jean product is going to present a challenge to me.
--Oh well. So, I'm more careful "where" I wear them.
I also wear boxer-briefs under business wear on days where I'll be attending "high-level" meetings. Even then, there's still an element of "bulge" but it's more "controlled" to some degree (than with regular boxers).
Guys often aren't "taught" these things in life. Many of us must figure this stuff out as we go along. For me, I've had some embarrassing lessons in my time---wrong clothing at wrong occasions---where I was TOO revealing! Yet, NO deliberate fault of my own, necessarily. I think alot of other guys can relate.

You know, this whole matter of showing a bulge is also an attitude type thing anyway. As men, we have to have the correct "healthy" attitude about ourselves first--that we are men and we can't always NOT "show" in certain clothing. The other attitude "angle" is that of the on-looker. We cannot be responsible for what the other person is thinking! All we can do as men (with our concerns for whether to show a bulge) is to decide what OUR attitude shall be and go on from there. We use good discretionary judgment as best we can and not worry about it.

I'm learning that if others should think I am deliberately "showing off", then I'm afraid THEY are the ones who have the real problem. --It's certainly NOT me.

lomejorhombre: It is definitly situational!
In front of my freshman physical science class, is not good , the other day one boy loudly asked if I had a boner, I calmly addressed the topic from a purely subjective and scientific view point and many others they felt they could not ask other teachers and then moved on, this however left them actually starring at my bulge even more since then. At home and with family I don't care if I show. (Although sometimes my children, not knowing the significance, think its a stepping stone or foot hold to climb up daddy from time to time, OUCH!! :eek: :eek:)

Max

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=lomejorhombre link=board=clothing;num=1074998769;start=0#10 date=01/26/04 at 21:36:21](Although sometimes my children, not knowing the significance, think its a stepping stone or foot hold to climb up daddy from time to time, OUCH!!  :eek: :eek:) [/quote]

I know that feeling all too well ... when my children were toddlers I wondered a few times if I would survive intact. It is also at just the wrong (right) height for head butting when they charge at you. One of the functions of a dad, after all, is being a readily available piece of gymnastic apparatus ;)

lomejorhombre: and inspite of the pain we wouldn't have it any other way! :-*

rangersean: As the family playstructure for 10 neices and nephews I can certainly relate! Ouch!!

meathose10: I show a big bulge down my thigh AND I'm looking for attention....

rlit195908

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
that's just being a male , if you don't want to show bulge wear tight brief underwear with loose outter pants.