Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
it has occurred to me that a former employee of mine is starting to flirt rather aggressively with me. Not a big deal; I can hear the comments. The issue is that she is at least 40 yrs younger than I am. I would like to continue but the bells of warning sound every once in a while and I take a step back to reconsider. It is not because I dont want to follow this path with her-she is a total package, well educated, financially stable and drop dead gorgeous rather the "sugar daddy" aspect of what folks perceive when an older man and a young woman are out together. Am I wrong in this thinking or is there something there?

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Former employee? I guess that’s nothing wrong with it.

Personally, I don’t know what you’d have in common with someone 40 years younger than yourself. What the hell can they offer you other than their youth and energy and someone to watch you age and die? Seriously, unless it’s just sex, then go for it, but relationships with that age difference just seem so unfair to the young person.

I’m being extremely blunt here, and I apologize for that, but watching a loved one die of dementia, or a stroke is horrifying. A massive heart attack is kind. If she’s in her twenties or thirties, would she want children? Would she want to care for someone who is chronically ill and dealing with brain issues as well as dealing with children?

Then again, maybe you’re massively wealthy and can afford full time care, and come from really healthy stock. Maybe you’re worth the risk. I don’t know.

And like I said, if it’s just for sex and giggles - go for it. Life is short.

I’m in my mid-fifties and wouldn’t do that to a much younger man in his twenties. It wouldn’t be fair. He might think he knows what he’s in for, but he doesn’t. I do. It’s the benefit of wisdom and getting older. I know better.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
While I don't think age differences are a problem in some cases, a 40+ year difference seems like too big of an age difference. But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

She's not a current employee, so go for it if you want to. What exactly are you asking for, like permission? You should be old enough and wise enough to know if something is a bad idea by now.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I’ve a friend who recently broke off a relationship with someone exactly 40 years her senior.
Both parties are distraught.
I call him her first last and always, because her love for him is the mark all others are judged by.
Their affair has been off and on since she was barely legal. Their friendship longer yet.

He was brutally honest. His life expectancy is sometime in the last decade. The man is borrowed time personified.
They truly are at different life stages. She wants another child (and he thinks he’d be okay with that, knowing he wouldn’t see the kid graduate) and he is very aware of his mortality.

Watching them,one wants it to work out. But.....

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well.... my husband is a good few years older than myself, not anything near 40 years tho. If it's for the right reasons and you genuinely feel it's right then... ok... just make sure things are actually what they seem.?? That's all I'll say X

Is it wrong? No. Is it a smart move? I don't think so. As mentioned above, I think you are at two different stages of life.

I have a fond friendship with a man who is 30 years older than me. At one point, he said "If I were 30 years younger, I'd ask you out". My response- "If you were 40 years younger, I'd say yes!" He laughed so hard I thought he'd throw his back out... which was a good indicator of why it wouldn't be a good idea. If he were younger, he'd be exactly what I am looking for, but he doesn't have the stamina and drive that I do... meaning in life, not the bedroom.

Taya

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Younger? Cool. Go for it. Breath of fresh air.
40 years? Ouch. Nah nah.

Others' perception? Who cares?
Just ask yourself one simple question? Why would she be interested in you? If you have an honest to yourself answer that can rationalize the relation, THEN give it a try.

Speak low and take it slow.
Good luck.

Reactions: Enid

How about the woman's actual motives? Or has time had no impact on you?

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Another tack, younger women can file older men in a category “harmless.”
They desexualize them. Unknowingly, sometimes, because they bought into older people don’t have sex.
Nah, we don’t...we have fireworks and scenes from Fantasia.
I have danced with a broom before - right before I ride!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It wasn't the only reason, but one reason I didn't accept a proposal from a man nearly thirty years my senior was I didn't want to take care of him with the last of my energetic years. AND he wanted to impregnate me as soon as possible. I didn't want to be on my own with that too. And sure, he was rich and would have hired whatever help I required. But I didn't want to do it. Not that way. The affair was fun while it lasted, though.

Reactions: LaFemme

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
But if you have some liberty bells, or golden teachers.....

I grew about a lb dried golden teachers along with other strains every month. Boy they are hard work. You almost need a full time caregiver when they grow that much. I personally can't partake of the shrooms do to having the epilepsy. The last time I did shrooms I had a grand mal so it's not worth it. But boy seems like everyone else loves them

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I grew about a lb dried golden teachers along with other strains every month. Boy they are hard work. You almost need a full time caregiver when they grow that much. I personally can't partake of the shrooms do to having the epilepsy. The last time I did shrooms I had a grand mal so it's not worth it. But boy seems like everyone else loves them
I’ve never had a seizure on shrooms. Microdosing, yes.