Is jerking off a part of a normal sex life?

AnonyMs: Guys, guys, guys.... take note here.... when you tell a woman with whom you are intimately involved that you whack off more than once a day, and she increduously questions why, tell her that you were thinking about the last time you were together and it was so incredible when she <fill in the blank>, you got so excited you just had to take care of business right then and there. Make her think that you whack off because you find her so terribly exciting and sexy....

It is okay to be a sex fiend if you are only a sex fiend because you are thinking about her... and you are too considerate to initiate physicial intimacy with her each time, knowing that her needs may be different.....

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
AnonyMs..

damn, why didn't i think of that....it is so obvious.

thanks,
jay

Curtis: I just tell my wife that I was thinking about an old high school girlfriend, or that cute waitress with the nice ass... and I decided it would be better to masturbate than have an affair.

But AnonyMs is right... it's better to lie.

Curtis

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
AnonyMS...

I hope you can see already just how much YOUR suggestion was appreciated! (pretty good idea, too!)

--I wanted to point out though, my eyebrows raised at the term "sex fiend".... (I really don't think you meant that literally, but light-heartedly, perhaps--I hope?)

Many of us who have a higher-than-average sex drive (for whatever the reason--i.e. raging testosterone levels, equipment size and the constant reminder that "HE's there")---we just can't help NEEDING to relieve the tension (and the pressure) from time to time. It's not a matter of being a sex FIEND so much as is the urgency to just get some much welcomed relief so "HE" will finally behave! ;) and we can then resume life!

ORCABOMBER: Jay, well, at least you've got a girl! :D

Unfortunately, your first post does remind me of a conversation from Metal gear Solid 2!

But I mean, AnonyMs hit the nail on the head there! :)

Wait a mo... so what do women think about when fapping then??

sammygirly: ...the last time we were with you, and how it drove us wild when you <insert> that it got us so hot we had to take care of our business right then and there.

~smiles sweetly~

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=relationships;num=1042771047;start=15#26 date=01/23/03 at 16:47:45]...the last time we were with you, and how it drove us wild when you <insert> that it got us so hot we had to take care of our business right then and there.[/quote]

What? Fall down the stairs? LOL!

Seriously though Sammy, things for the insight. <^.^>

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=AnonyMs link=board=relationships;num=1042771047;start=15#28 date=01/26/03 at 18:48:00]
"...  what constitutes an 'average' sex drive?  I think many things influence the 'need to relieve tension and pressure from time to time'...

I think generally speaking, most men have a 'need to relieve' more frequently than most women....  I always take it for granted that any man I am with, all things being equal - he is in good health, not under a lot of stress at work, in relatively good shape, etc.,- would ideally like to climax at least once a day and probably more than that."...[/quote]

You know, I'm trying to remember, too----what is an "average" sex drive? --I've seen suggested "ideas" in various essays whereby intercourse takes place once or twice a week per se.... so, it that supposed to be normal or average? And, says who?
I like what you said in that "many things influence the need"....So true.

--Why can't it be left to the individual and/or couple?
No doubt, each of us is different as to what it takes to keep this part of our lives in reasonable balance.

AnonyMs, you make good points in your latest post indeed.

My take though, based upon personal experience (and from what others have said here over the years) is that many men in the "larger" catagory seem to have even more urgent needs to "seek relief" than perhaps other men...that's all. Some days, it's like a constant "surging from within" -- a subtle (or is it?) reminder that there's still something that needs attending! --and, often (even though it's not debilitating to going on with life) this "urgency" does HAVE to be tended to somehow before there's any calm. (Please notice I said "many" and not "ALL" larger men and I will add too, that many men (who are at average in size) may also have just as much need, --or not.) So here again, it's very much an individual matter.

The original idea of this topic seemed to come from the "appeal" of us men to be given a break---some understanding that many times, we require additional means of relieving sexual tension beyond regular intercourse and that our gfs', wives', partners, etc. should not take offense when and if we do. Hence, neither side should ever really have to feel guilty.

It does appear, anonyMs...that you seem to be on the right track with your thoughts.

AnonyMs: [quote author=benderten2001 link=board=relationships;num=1042771047;start=15#29 date=01/26/03 at 19:37:12]
--Why can't it be left to the individual and/or couple?
No doubt, each of us is different as to what it takes to keep this part of our lives in reasonable balance.[/quote]Granted, each couple should work out what works best for them...

hung: This is an opportunity to state that "Normal" can be only found as a cycle on a washing machine.

Normal for me is entirely different for me than it is for you.

Normal for myself is satisfying sexual activity at least three times a week, not that I maintain accurate records nor have a defined goal. But I will also be the first to tell you that I also enjoy self pleasuring myself on average at least once a week also. I am a normal male?

Again, normal for me at my advance age would be laughed at by a teenager or someone in his twenties. Also, I recall with great satisfaction that on my honey moon some years back that the magic number was seven for the "First Night." Sweet memories.

In summary - Normal - a concept that is difficult to comprehend because of so many variables. I am normal, just as you are normal.

B_black10inches

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
A woman professor of mine told me something real interesting. She said that most guys have emotions that are connected to their fantasies when they masturbate. So when we jerk off as boys we create a fantasies that get us off the best way. Then when we get with a girl friend, it's a lot different because we can't control what's happening with a real person. Like we have to respond to her needs. I think that's why we like masturbating so much because it's fantasy that gets us off good every time in the same way. It's not better than real girls,it's just quick & easy.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Also, it gets rid of the old sperm, and keeps the prostate healthy. In fact, they'll tell you to masturbate and then abstain entirely for four days before testing your sperm count or donating sperm.

ceg1526: The way this conversation should have gone:

"Do you ever jerk off?"

"Yeah, I'm always thinking of you, I get hard, and have to jack off or I'll never get back to doing something useful." Look sheepish like she's found your biggest secret, and grab her and give her a kiss. Maybe this will keep her quiet, and maybe this will lead to something where you don't have to jack off for another hour or so...

You're complimenting her, telling her she's needed and not challenging her as you do further into the conversation you typed in. That conversation was not really about sex, it was about feeling wanted.

Believe me, I hate those conversations too, and I always go for the redirection. Try not to get into the numbers game, and don't be obviously evasive.

Good luck

Ceg

Rusty2kma: Masterbation is a part of a normal sex drive. Not only for men but for women too. I masterbate at least three times a week.Its not that my fiance can't satisfy me.But its like someone poted earler. Its something I can control myself with fantasies.
I would just like to point out.Some women enjoy watching their other 'jerk off'. I'm one of them. I find satifaction by watching my fiance jerk off in front of me without touching me. But then again,I'm a woman who can acheive an orgasm without being touched.

mekkler: 99 out of 100 people do it, the other one's a liar.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=mekkler link=board=relationships;num=1042771047;start=20#36 date=07/16/03 at 16:44:45]99 out of 100 people do it, the other one's a liar.
[/quote]
Or a eunuch.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=jonb link=board=relationships;num=1042771047;start=20#37 date=07/16/03 at 18:05:38]
Or a eunuch.[/quote]

According to the memoires of a couple famed castrati who sang in Baroque operas, even eunuchs stroked the weasel. They experienced orgasm, but their sexual development was halted before they began producing semen. Farinelli was supposed to have been inordinately given to masturbation, and felt guilty afterwards, leading to self-flagellation for penance.

AnonyMs: man, you would think having been castrated at a young age would have been penance enough....