Is jerking off a part of a normal sex life?

Trackers: This may be a little off topic, but I found the following article on the net (for those who have not read it before). Hope this would be of some interest to you guys and girls.

July 17, 2003

Prostate cancer - is the solution in a man's hands?
By Mark Henderson, Science Correspondent
THE solution to protecting yourself against prostate cancer could lie in your own hands, men have been told.

Australian scientists at the Cancer Council Victoria have found that young men who masturbate frequently are less likely to develop prostate tumours. Their study shows that the more men ejaculate between the ages of 20 and 50, the less likely they are to suffer from the most common male cancer. The protective effect is greatest for men in their twenties, with those ejaculating at least five times a week being one third less likely to develop aggressive prostate cancer in the future.

Masturbation, rather than sexual intercourse, was responsible for the beneficial effect, the scientists said. Graham Giles, who led the research, said regular ejaculations probably flushed out the prostate gland, preventing the build-up of dangerous carcinogens. "The more you flush the ducts out, the less there is to hang around and damage the cells that line them." He said.

In the study, reported in New Scientist, Dr Giles's team asked 1,079 men with prostate cancer and 1,259 healthy men of the same age to fill in a questionnaire about their sexual histories, including levels of masturbation and sexual intercourse. The results showed a much larger number of ejaculations in those free from prostate cancer. This was surprising, because previous research indicated that having many sexual partners, or a high frequency of sexual activity, could increase the risk of the disease by up to 40 per cent.

The critical difference between the studies is that earlier work asked only about sexual intercourse, not about masturbation. Dr Giles said that the latter activity seemed safe and beneficial to prostate health, while the former exposed men to increased risk.

bustyredhead: rofl That sounds like some weird karmic retribution for the young studs out there or something. I wonder then, if a guy masturbates as much as he has sex, do the effects cancel out? lol

Anyways, I don't see there being any problem with masturbation as being a regular part of one's sex life. Heck, I find that it can be fun to watch or perform sometimes, so it's just another (particularly healthy) activity. lol

- Nene (Two Fingers Aren't Just For Typing)