Is life getting easier as you grow older?

Is life getting easier as you grow older?

• Yes

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • About the same

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters

closetfreak

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think as a person you should have grown to where you are capable of handling more things with time. Whether or not you're challenged to where you are facing things that are truly more difficult than what you've already experienced...that's for you to decide. I lost the woman of my dreams to cancer and after that I can pretty much handle anything.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It seems that I can make it difficult or as easy I want to make it. It changes from year to year depending on the projects I choose to pursue. The last two years has been tough because I took on too much work and the responsibilities that come with that don't stop. But I have a way out of that and 2012 will see the end of this step.

I think the biggest difference between then and now is that I don't get uptight about what is going to happen and I care a lot less about what people think of me. When I was about 35 I realized that the worst thing anyone could say is "No", and it didn't really hurt a bit.

So yes, I think it does get easier if you let it. Provided you have good health of course.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
No, mostly by choice. Life is supposed to be difficult, and as I get older I become more competent in certain areas. It just wouldn't do to have all this experience and sit on my ass not using it.
I agree. But sitting on your ass and being passive is actually the more difficult path. I'd go crazy.

Sirramm

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'd say not only no but HELL NO! I just opened my third business and have a teenage daughter with a cell phone who is finding out all about boys. All I hear day and night is that annoying little buzzing sound of her phone followed by some crazy so called 'tune'! I own a boat that I thought I'd own until I retire but now find myself selling it because just like a dick those few extra inches make a world of difference! Who the hell knew 2 more feet really does make a difference on a boat! The wife and daughter spend money almost as fast as I make it. I promised my daughter she could have my sports car if she did well in school and guess what...yep you got it!!! Little genius that she is did so and I am handing over the keys!!!! UGH!!!!

I'd rather be a baby shitting in my diaper, sleeping whenever I damn well please and have someone literally spoon feed me whenever I demand and have someone else pay for it all!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd rather be a baby shitting in my diaper, sleeping whenever I damn well please and have someone literally spoon feed me whenever I demand and have someone else pay for it all!

Be careful what you wish for. I have a 104 year old great aunt and that's the life she is living right now.

Sirramm

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Be careful what you wish for. I have a 104 year old great aunt and that's the life she is living right now.

LOL...you know that old saying..."Once a man, twice a child" isn't far from the truth!!!

I have an elderly relative who lives with me and trust me I see the light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :eek:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I'd say not only no but HELL NO! I just opened my third business and have a teenage daughter with a cell phone who is finding out all about boys. All I hear day and night is that annoying little buzzing sound of her phone followed by some crazy so called 'tune'! I own a boat that I thought I'd own until I retire but now find myself selling it because just like a dick those few extra inches make a world of difference! Who the hell knew 2 more feet really does make a difference on a boat! The wife and daughter spend money almost as fast as I make it. I promised my daughter she could have my sports car if she did well in school and guess what...yep you got it!!! Little genius that she is did so and I am handing over the keys!!!! UGH!!!!

These are all things you have chosen for yourself. Divest yourself of some of them or stop whining and enjoy them. Anything you can't let go of owns you.

There are people starving in your town and you're bitching about having to buy a bigger boat. Are you for
real, or just a fucking Republican?

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

These are all things you have chosen for yourself. Divest yourself of some of them or stop whining and enjoy them. Anything you can't let go of owns you.

There are people starving in your town and you're bitching about having to buy a bigger boat. Are you for

I want a boat now. I haven't even a rowboat to my name! :frown1:

Sirramm

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Dude get a sense of humor already!!! LOL Geez

And BTW I am very heavily involved in charitable organizations so if you want to join, help, donate or contribute please feel free to PM me and I'll get you all the info you need to help out.

Have a great day! LOL

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
For the most part it is... Learning how to say 'No' only when necessary, Learning to accept things for what they are, Learning to lean on others and allow them to lean on you, Choosing happiness.

Then ... there are days that just turn everything upside down. Those days are few and far between, but for now, life is beautiful, life is good.

I think I am lucky though, b/c I haven't really had to face a TRUE hardship (yet). But I know those days will come. Then life will be hard for a while, again.