Is life getting easier as you grow older?

Is life getting easier as you grow older?

• Yes

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • About the same

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Call me what you may, but I have my own share of sour tastes out of life.

Watching the things I stood by sliding into decay and fading away... having my perceptions on morals and what is right being changed...

And of course, there's political issues in my home country - bad enough to be an immediate problem.

So I guess ignorance is bliss - but deadly bliss at that.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No, but I have no right to complain. There are things I would like to be different - some I can change, others are out of my hands. But there are plenty of people who really do it tough - my issues are insignificant.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Life has its ups and downs. My ideal situation was through my 40's, when I had lots of work, good health care, a wonderful friend/lover, and the freedom to travel a bit. I've lost most of that over the last ten years, and can barely afford a two-day trip to Atlanta. I take so many meds now that I don't even see how I could go camping without adequate refridgeration available. And these financial/medical issues don't do much for my social and sex life.

But, on the bright side, I still have a few friends to chill with, a few jobs, barely affordable health insurance, and enough health to swim and take walks. I do miss the old times, though.

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'd have to say yes. Although I'm not exactly where I want to be in life, I'm working hard on my happiness, which only ten years ago I thought was a useless undertaking. I used to think that I only had to do what was expected of me to be happy; I used to also be extremely hard on myself and expected the same of others. I'm wiser now and considerably more open-minded than my twentysomething self. Thank God!

I've been told I'm an eye-catcher on several occasions, so I guess I'm still good looking. :D

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd have to say yes. Although I'm not exactly where I want to be in life, I'm working hard on my happiness, which only ten years ago I thought was a useless undertaking. I used to think that I only had to do what was expected of me to be happy; I used to also be extremely hard on myself and expected the same of others. I'm wiser now and considerably more open-minded than my twentysomething self. Thank God!

I've been told I'm an eye-catcher on several occasions, so I guess I'm still good looking. :D

Much the same here. Still working on that happiness part. :redface:

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yes. i am happier in my work. i have been elected to local office. i have a loving partner who i will marry as soon as the 9th circuit court of appeals overturns prop. 8 (which it will). i am in good health. i have outlived many of those from past who bullied me and tormented me for being gay and Latino. people tell me i am very young looking for 58. I feel great and exercise at the gym 5 times a week. i eat good , healthy food with whole grains, veggies, fresh fruit and wild ocean fish. LIFE IS GOOD !!!!
just because you pass 30 in gay society in CA does NOT mean you are dead. that is total mythology. as a matter of fact, i have gained the respect, and in some cases admiration, from younger gay men in my community. how do i know? they tell me this, unprompted.
the greatest fear in getting older? not learning from your mistakes and not taking time to stop and smell the roses.:wink: