Is LPSG really 11 years old?

D

deleted397893

So if you search LPSG on yahoo or google, underneath the link it says "Since 1999 the Large Penis Support Group has fostered discussions of penis size, sex with a large penis, and penis enlargement." I think it's great the site has lasted this long. I've only been a member for about a year, and there haven't been too many changes. Are there any members out there that have been here since the beginning? If so what was the site like back then and how has it changed? for the better or worse?

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^Yeah, I believe it... There's another forum that I help run which has been around since 1996, and was run as a BBS then... In 1999, new software came out (UBB) which that site's owner purchased, that allowed the 'forum' style layout used there, here and most everywhere... In 2001, vBulletin came out with vB2 (there was vB1, but it wasn't widely released), which generally transformed what webmasters could do with forum software, without having to heavily customize it with their own coding.

Last edited:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Goto Community, Members, Join date

Oldest member by that is 4-14-01. Before that there was another version of the site. There might be one or 2 members who had to reregister and are still on here.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^Any vB site will have a 'join date' of 2001 (except for a tiny handful of them that ran vB1)... When vB2 came out, you couldn't migrate membership lists to it from other forum software platforms, so all members had to re-register, thereby resetting their join date... At sites I'm active with, this actually created considerable drama at the time among forum regulars, because they wanted credit for being there at their actual join date, not a phony date.

Last edited:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My join date is off because in one of the early switches, many of us lost our accounts and had to reregister.

How many people here remember the early incarnations, including the brown and yellow version?
I got to thinking about it and realized I was one of those from before the migration, even though I wasn't very active. I remember dates by where I lived and yah I remember that, and I was one of those who registered then got lost and came back after an extended time away.