Is my ex-girlfriend a bitch?

D_867yuoi

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have a slightly different take on the issue - anyone consider that she is hurting too and that this is a self-defense mechanism? It sounds like there was much love in this relationship and neither is over the other. She may have asked for the same reason you don't want her to be with your mutual friend - it would drive her to do something crazy. So she was relieved that you hadn't found someone new so quick and most likely she hasn't found anyone new - but she doesn't want you to think she is unattractive to other men - so instead of honesty, she goes with a bitchy "no comment". Even if she is the one that broke up with you - most likely she is still hurting and "bitch" is one of the few defenses we have! (Not very classy on her part I'm afraid, but we don't handle every situation the way we should. I know I don't.)

But I totally agree with Phil Ayesho! It is great advice for ANY relationship - romantic, platonic, business and anything in between. I have ended up being great friends (with benefits) with many of my ex-boyfriends and that could only be possible by the 2 of us being civilized when we broke up. Heck, I'm trying to be friends with my ex-husband (he's still a little miffed that I actually left after 10 years of saying "straighten up or I'll leave") and it has made all the difference with how well the divorce went and how well the kids are handling it. I think he is still a great guy - just not a great guy for me. So why should I take that out on him?

Cut her a little slack and remember she is hurting. If she is still bitchy after a few months - then she is just a bitch and you are well rid of her. If she goes back to being that great person that you wanted to be with in the first place, then she was just protecting herself.

Canadian.Surfer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you think your ex-gf is a bitch because of that, consider yourself lucky. My ex-gf has now decided to become best friends with one of my best friends, and is constantly flirting with that guy whenever we're all in the same room.

My ex-gf is a bitch. Very glad I moved this year.

Archangelvega

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Man, you guys are so helpful. Thanks for all the advice. I feel a lot better now. I'll just have to move on. I'm in college so there are plenty of ladies.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's over, and none of your business. Fact is, generally, when a girl breaks up with a guy, she has sex with someone new within a month. Guys can try, but it is not always so easy for them.

But listen to the warnings of staying civilized. Booty calls make single life a lot easier, and you do not reek of desperation.

Trouty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
100% pure bitch I'm afraid. It would also do well to know that when a woman is over you she really is over you. Sentimental feelings for old-flames is mainly a male thing.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

I just got done having a conversation with my ex-girlfriend of a week. We were agreeing to when we could exchange stuff at our places. Well, somehow we got to the topic of moving on. She asked me if I had any interest in someone new, made out etc. I said, "No, have you made out with anyone?!" to which she responded "no comment." To me this means that
A. She did make up with someone else after only 5 days being apart or
B. She didn't but she wants me to think she did.

To me it seems like a bitch thing to do. Am I the only one who thinks this?

You were only together for a week,or you've been seperated for a week?

D_867yuoi

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
100% pure bitch I'm afraid. It would also do well to know that when a woman is over you she really is over you. Sentimental feelings for old-flames is mainly a male thing.

Sorry Trouty - I wouldn't make it a gender issue. I have sentimental feelings for most of my old-flames. That's mainly the reason I keep hooking up with them. (Okay, maybe for the sex too!) But it is great to hook up and relive even a small amount of that time when we both loved each other deeply.

badgirl22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

What?!?! Are you kidding me?! Where in the world did you hear that one? Simply not true. Each person and each situation is different. I'd have said the exact opposite.

I still have sentimental feelings for a couple of flames from 20 years ago. Shit, I have sentimental feelings for a finished internet fantasy - a guy here I never even met IRL! LOL! You men are nuts!

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
Oh, and it's hard to say for sure, without the background on what your relationship was like, who initiated the break-up, when the end of it was becoming apparent, the why behind it...etc. etc.

Other than that, it's just a random vignette with little meaning other the surface-level information that she has moved on, at least more than you have in this brief time, and that you don't like it.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, you are the bitch for answering her question honestly. You got to make out like a pimp and say something vauge like, "Would it bother you if I did?" You just threw back the question to her face. Now she will get on the defense and be curious.

Her, "no comment" comment was a test to see how you would react and you just gave her the power. She is poking at you. The question has not purpose other than to put you down.

When you say, "Would it bother you if I did?" There are only two ways to answer. If she says "Yes" then you say, "Then I rather not answer the question. I dont want to bother you."

If she says, "No" then say, "Then dont worry about it."

Either way, you never answered the question and made her think. She brought up the stupid game to begin with.

I swear, with this pimp attitude, you would at least get one more complimentary blow job out of it as you destroy her self esteem.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No comment....

Such a flippant phrase. I don't know her but anyone who says that to me seriously is in the bitch category. Are you sure she didn't say it to you teasingly as a joke?