Is my neighbor hitting on me?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by OPPinSLC, Feb 26, 2010.

1. OPPinSLC

OPPinSLC Member

Albums:
    Last night there was a brief power outage at my house. I went outside to see if it was just my house. The power was also out at my neighbor’s house, I could see her looking out through the curtains. As I was looking around to see who else’s power was out she came out on her porch, wet and dressed in a towel. She said she was in the shower when the lights went out. We chatted a bit, all the while she was still just wrapped in a towel. I was kind of flustered, and went back to my house. My question is, do you think she was coming on to me? Her husband does travel a lot.

2. Hippie Hollow Girl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well, wasn't there so don't know.

But, if you are thinking she was hitting on you ... just because she was standing there talking to you in a towel.... well, you may be way off the mark there. You don't know if she is a nudist in her own home. The electricity went out while she was in the shower.....she was lucky that she was able to find a towel. It isn't the easiest thing to get dressed in the dark. Maybe she was waiting till the lights came back on or after she found a candle or a flashlight to finish getting dressed.

Now, if she had let the towel drop and invited you over......then I would say that she is definitely hitting on you.

Who knows, maybe it crossed her mind. We all are capable of having naughty thoughts going through our head. But, unless she hinted or made plans with you for later, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

3. Mr. Bungle

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well said, HHG... was about to type basically the same thing, guess I don't need to! in situations like that, (but then again, how often do we find ourselves in conversations with our female neighbors dressed only in towels?) we guys would LIKE to think we're being hit on because it appears to be a fantastic opportunity, but it doesn't seem to be the case, often enough.

4. finsuptx

finsuptx New Member

I would have to agree, it seems more like a case of wishful thinking, so I wouldn't go embarassing myself or anything.

5. Chase1600

Chase1600 Member

I would not assume it. That’s an assumption you don’t want to get wrong. I would note that it was a bit forward. She didn’t have to come outside; she might have wrapped herself in a blanket or whatever. Many women would have been unwilling to do what she did.

A couple more seemingly forward moves, you will know. If your guess is correct, if she was coming on to you, nothing you did will make it less likely to happen again; surely she knows she got you flustered; if she intended to come on to you, getting you flustered was a big reward. So if it was her intent, you’ll know because she’s in for a penny, she’s in for a dollar and you responded.

If instead, it was unintended on her part, she’ll be particularly reserved going forward. Even if she didn’t intend, surely she noticed your getting flustered and will be especially careful to not let anything get started.

6. hard2swallow

hard2swallow Member

Albums:
    I never knew/know when anyone is hitting on me. These days, my wife usually tells me. (Yes, people hit on me right in front of her. Not a lot, but it happens!) I'm sure I've missed a hundred opportunities, because the only time I usually get the message is when the girl would just kiss me or whatever. I really just have to be hit on the head, honestly.

7. parchissi

Gold Member

To me - it wouldnt have appeared so.

8. bryan257

bryan257 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    actually to me... sound like the kind of thing stories are made of. hahahaha I'd love to read one like that. ;)

9. Mr. Bungle

Gold Member

Albums:
    haha - I forgot to say, OPPinSLC, it didn't strike me that she was hitting on you at that particular time, but if it happens again, and I mean several times, I stand corrected. In the meantime, might wanna take that suggestion from bryan257 and put pen to paper, or anyone reading, for that matter... the horny neighbor, a jealous husband, spying thru curtains... the possibilities are endless!! :cool:

10. OPPinSLC

OPPinSLC Member

Albums:
    Thanks, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. If she was coming on to me, she would have to hit me with a brick, I've got no game;) lol

11. Hippie Hollow Girl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Makes mental note to herself to keep a robe handy at all times in case of power outages. We have been having power outages like every 3 to 6 months around here, usually after 8 p.m.. We live on a nice little cul de sac street.....and when the power outages happen we all end up on the street practically having a block party. Standing around socializing and talking. Lending out extra flashlights or candles. Most of the ladies are in p.j.'s, nightgowns or robes. But, if I was in the shower when the lights went out, I probably wouldn't think anything of going out with a towel or a robe on. Never crossed my mind that anyone would think I was hitting on them.

So, if I am a nudist and my house catches on fire and I run out of my house nude because I don't have time to grab any clothes are all the firemen going to think I am hitting on them? Sorry, this is just what went through my mind.

12. buzzrider7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Unless you were having very odd weather, it's hard to imagine a woman "casually" coming outside in a towel in SLC in late February! Brrr!!
    I've been known to answer the door in a towel when I've been horned up; but, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm trying to flirt with whomever happens to be on the other side of the door - it's more just the idea that's exciting.
    Tough call, but I'd be curious to know what happens in the near future.

Draft saved Draft deleted