Is my testosterone too low? Causing ED@20?

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
I have posted about this problem already, but I am wondering what I should do to get stuff figured out?

Im 20 years old and lately, I am having problems getting hard and staying hard, libido seems to be screwed up too.

I got it tested and my total serum test was 290 ng/dl, my lab said the range was 250-800, a little research online showed that some labs consider 300 to be the cutoff. This was taken when I first noticed symptoms. They seemed to go away slightly and I had it rechecked a couple weeks later, got a reading of 530 and I had my free testosterone checked as well it was 11 ng/dl and the normal range was 10-30ng/dl.

All the rest of my bloodwork is normal, I had high blood pressure but I got that down to a reasonable 130/80 w/o meds, still workin on this (diet and cardio).

I am wondering if this could be causing my problems. While it is in range, it is low normal.

My days seem hit or miss, some days are ok, some days are terrible.

This just randomly showed up about a month ago out of nowhere.

Last edited:

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
brah, first off, chill out. that might be your probem. you seem stressed. and stress affects our winkies. are you in college? are you getting enough sleep?

there are so many factors that play into a guy's ability for get and maintain an erection. go smoke a joint, relax, let go of your stress. go get a massage. meditate. just let your worries go away. drink a cup of green tea. i hear it's good for ED

Testosterone levels vary wildly. The trick to getting accurate average levels is a lot of testing. Testosterone is best tested very first thing in the morning when testosterone levels are usually highest. Tests taken at other times can result in unrepresentative numbers.

The 200s are really low. Get yourself to an endocrinologist with experience in secondary hypogonadism. That's what it's called. Most GPs have little experience with this and really aren't the people who know how to monitor this well.

It sounds like you may be overweight. That's a big contributor to low T levels as is stress and lack of exercise. Keep that in mind, but do get to the endocrinologist, or if you can find one, an andrologist which is an endocrinologist/urologist who specializes in male fertility issues.

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
Not overweight, got quite a bit of lean muscle mass though.

Yes in college, stressed a little with studying, which is ok because i got one week then like a month break. i get more than enough sleep though (8-9 hours/night).

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Not overweight, got quite a bit of lean muscle mass though.

Yes in college, stressed a little with studying, which is ok because i got one week then like a month break. i get more than enough sleep though (8-9 hours/night).

this, combined with the fact that you said it came on suddenly makes me think it's nothing medical. i think it has to do with the stress. i'm not saying not for get checked out - quite the opposite. you need to get checked out fersure! but, imo, i think it's just you being stressed from school.

good luck either way brah. lemme know how it works out!

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
stress maybe, I dont drink much, a lil weed here n there i cut back a lot to get my bp down though.