Is No Vaginal Sex a Deal Breaker?

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
Would you have a relationship with a woman if you couldn't have vaginal sex? Let's suppose for the sake of this scenario that your penis didn't fit in her vagina because of girth. Would you settle for oral sex, mutual masturbation, playing with toys, and anal sex 2-4 times a month? Or would you simply consider yourself too sexually incompatible and give up on the relationship? Suppose that you have a really great relationship with each other. You consider yourselves best friends and you're very romantic with each other and what you do in bed together is very passionate and raw and intimate. The vaginal sex problem is the only problem with the relationship.

For the women of LPSG: Same scenario as above. If you were dating a man that you were compatible with in every way except that you couldn't achieve vaginal penetration with him, would it be a deal breaker for you?

i am a doctor.....be it a family practice doctor and not an obgyn.....but in my first practice it was in a rural area where i had to do alot of baby birthin......here are a few tips....after natural child birth....out the vag....most women go right back to normal.....some vaginas end up useless...others alittle loser, some end up even tighters...................much like any other injury....some guys bust a knee, have surgery...and outcomes vary from faster...to a shell of former self

now i dont know the specifices of your birthing experence....but im going to guess that since you were a c section.....your vag is not dammaged so more likely than not it just shrunk up from disuse to its normal size.....and the your insides are still alittle sore from the cutting....i mean they did cut open your skin, ab fasia, and uterus....fairly tramatic on the bod

to be on the safe side...scar tisssue reaches 80percent of normal tissue by week 12...so wait till then and just get back on the horse.......remember it hurt the the first time....but ya fight through it....

i recently had a patient who was born with ambiguous genitals...and made into a female....(well before my time with her as patient)...she is now 20 and wants to ber sexually active....well she is already sexually active....mouth and ass.....but her vag was tiny....couldnt even get in a device the size of a pencil.....we are now ussing dilators to open her up with much success.........so it can be done

now im not her for medical advice....but like like freaky conversations...so hers how i feel........yes i could totally live with out vaginal sex....providing you make the other stuff hot.....and bump anal from 2 a month to twice a week....im way cool....especally if you bring home a "pinch hitter" every now and then

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If I hadn't gone through that already during my first marriage, I would've answered the same way, but I just can't be happy being with someone I couldn't be inside of. Now, if this were a temporary thing like petite is surely going through, I'd wait for as long as it took to get things the way they were. There's no finality here. It took me 9 years to realize with my first wife that things were not going to change. Ever.

So for you the vaginal sex is necessary to cement and build upon the relationship?
If my partner and I were still being sexual, I could continue a relationship with them in the absence of vaginal sex. I could continue to love them and be happy with them. But if I wasn't getting vaginal sex from somewhere, the need would eventually nag at me enough that I'd have to leave or try an open relationship (ie. my need for sex is separate from my ability to love) .
In a no-sex-at-all relationship I would need to end it ASAP. Like you, I spent too many years with my ex waiting for things to change. It has scarred me, and shown me how very much I need sex to be whole.
And if it was just temporary, I could of course wait it out. As long as other sexual play was continued in the meantime.

I've said this before; My very best, most memorable, masturbation experience pales in comparison with my worst penis in vagina sexual experience.

It's beyond me how anyone could think they were comparable.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, this question was intended just as a hypothetical situation, but I appreciate all the support from everyone!

I swear if it weren't for my smartphone, I'd never make a single appointment! My ob-gyn appointment was today, and I decided that I would tell my ob-gyn everything.

Prettyswinggirl was right about the breastfeeding and the estrogen cream!

So, here's the rundown on the problem and the solution, from my doctor. She told me that a lot of women have talked to her about the exact same problems, regarding having sexual problems with men who have large penises. She said that I probably tore when we attempted penetration even though I wasn't aware of it, and that it will probably happen again. She told me that breastfeeding suppresses estrogen and that makes my vagina less elastic and more easily injured. It really wasn't my imagination that I'm not as stretchy! She brought up the cream PSG talked about and said that it would probably reduce my milk supply, possibly by a lot, so I have to choose between sex and breastfeeding. She said that I might have to supplement my breast milk with formula and I have to ask myself, how long can my relationship go before we have sex? I asked her if I can dilate using dildos like I do when we haven't had regular sex, maybe if I tried harder or took more time with it, we could achieve penetration. She said the problem is that my vagina would still be delicate, so I might tear and have pain anyway, even if we did achieve penetration through dilation. In fact, she said that I probably would tear. My doctor gave me a prescription for the estrogen cream that PSG talked about. She also told me that once I stop breastfeeding, it will take about 12 weeks before my vagina is back to normal and that the estrogen cream can cut that down to 6 weeks, and if I begin the estrogen cream now, it will be 6 weeks before it makes a difference. She was extremely sympathetic about the whole situation and she was just wonderful and so easy to talk to. It was awkward, but not as awkward as it could have been. I adore my OB-GYN. She's awesome.

TheBF and I talked about it and he thinks I shouldn't give up breastfeeding yet. It's just so healthy for the baby, and for me, since it reduces my chances for breast cancer if I breastfeed for at least 6 months. He said that he felt like he's being asked to choose between the baby or satisfying his cock, and he chooses the baby, of course.

Besides, he said, it's not like we don't do other things.

I'm really glad that I had the courage to be frank with her again. I am every single time. It was really great getting solid answers about what I can expect. I think she just saved me weeks of frustration, if not months. I can imagine how I would feel if we just kept trying and failing over and over again, how upset I would feel and worried. Now I know how patient I need to be. I don't need to think in terms of weeks, I need to think in terms of months!

Regarding the question in my OP, I don't believe I would break up with TheBF. It would not be a deal breaker for me. If we could only have oral sex, I think I could live with that. I would miss vaginal sex a lot, but he's too important to me to leave. If we had met one another and his penis was too big for me? I'm not sure that it would be a dealbreaker then either. In my lifetime, the chemistry that we have has been rare, and I think I'd rather have that initial chemistry than be with someone else with whom I do not click with but whose penis fits into my vagina. I'm willing to accept "no vaginal sex" as the price of admission in order to have this relationship.

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm glad you were able to get the Premarin cream. It is possible to use while breastfeeding. I know for a fact it is!! Yes your production can decrease, but taking in more fluids and pumping between feedings should take care of that. Most babies start taking in some solids such as rice cereal about 4 months of age so you're really not depriving the baby of anything. Please don't feel torn to shoose one over the other cause it's not necessary. You're right about having to think in terms of months and not weeks though...Like I said, I breastfed all of my kids for 2 years each, that doesn't mean that I gave up my sex life during that time and they were all eating healthy solid food by 6 months too. I actually made my own babyfood! Please feel free to ask anything. Nothing is off limits I promise! And if it helps then all the better!

storm69

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no not a deal breaker for me, i'm 9''x7'' and i have to be careful with most women..i don't know if this is why i like to give head so much or what. but i prefer mutual masturbation and recieving hand jobs foot jobs ect.........i do enjoy intercource but its hard to have a good time with a lot of women its the length not the girth that causes problems you just naturally want to go as deep as you can and some times you forget and you hurt your partner, thats not okay with me

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, this question was intended just as a hypothetical situation, but I appreciate all the support from everyone!

I swear if it weren't for my smartphone, I'd never make a single appointment! My ob-gyn appointment was today, and I decided that I would tell my ob-gyn everything.

Prettyswinggirl was right about the breastfeeding and the estrogen cream!

So, here's the rundown on the problem and the solution, from my doctor.

Glad to hear the good news, Petite :smile:. And good on you for being totally honest with your doc again. Being brave really pays off :smile:.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So for you the vaginal sex is necessary to cement and build upon the relationship?

Relationship as in romantic relationship, yes. My wife was my best friend prior to us getting together, but if something tragic happened and we couldn't have PIV sex, then we'd revert back to best friends and I would have to seek my sex elsewhere.

If my partner and I were still being sexual, I could continue a relationship with them in the absence of vaginal sex. I could continue to love them and be happy with them. But if I wasn't getting vaginal sex from somewhere, the need would eventually nag at me enough that I'd have to leave or try an open relationship (ie. my need for sex is separate from my ability to love) .

See, that sounds so ideal, but never works well for me. My FB arrangements don't ever stay FB for very long. And I'm neither good looking enough, hung enough nor wealthy enough to ever have an open relationship.

In a no-sex-at-all relationship I would need to end it ASAP. Like you, I spent too many years with my ex waiting for things to change. It has scarred me, and shown me how very much I need sex to be whole.

It's when that emotional investment has already taken place when it gets sticky. That, and the fact that I'd be a total hypocrite in thinking that my wife would stay with me if I ever got into any accident that would debilitate that part of me.

And if it was just temporary, I could of course wait it out. As long as other sexual play was continued in the meantime.

100% agree.

I need to add something to this discussion for petite's sake too: In the spirit of the question, "Is it a dealbreaker?", my answer is yes. But in the context of raising a family and a newborn kid, it would not. I'd move heaven and earth to stay happy in a sexless relationship for the sake of my kids... which is why I have none.

Sex, in of itself, is one of the most important components to my happiness. The only thing that would make me re-prioritize this is another human life that's depending on me for its survival.

Barring that, my cock firmly rooted deep inside a woman's vagina is the source of what completes me.

It's beyond me how anyone could think they were comparable.

Blame the fundamentalist "just abstain from sex until you're married" crowd for that one.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My personal gynecological problems (endometriosis)involve large amounts of internal scar tissue which I have found sexual activity is the best way of alleviating. But it does not have to involve vaginal penetration. Petite, just coming regularly will be the very best thing for restoring your internal flexibility and reducing the scarring between the organs!

Also I breast-fed. One of my kids was a forceps delivery with very high bilirubin (jaundice from bruising) and my milk didn't kick in fast enough to hydrate him so I supplemented with formula but breast feeding has no substitute. That child got both and turned out tall and heavy as a youth.

John.Heath

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your BF seems like a stand up guy... I wouldn't give up the breastfeeding either.

I would say that having oral and especially a willing anal partner would be fine with me. Vaginal sex is great, but having a willing partner is way better in any relationship.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Relationship as in romantic relationship, yes. My wife was my best friend prior to us getting together, but if something tragic happened and we couldn't have PIV sex, then we'd revert back to best friends and I would have to seek my sex elsewhere.

Well, you'd be best friends who kiss and give each other oral. For me, this would be okay. As long as I could fulfill my vaginal cravings elsewhere.

See, that sounds so ideal, but never works well for me. My FB arrangements don't ever stay FB for very long.

I'm terribly good at keeping FBs as FBs (that might be a bad thing). I have no problem separating sex and love either, so it's unlikely the FB on the side would intrude on our relationship.

And I'm neither good looking enough, hung enough nor wealthy enough to ever have an open relationship.

I beg to differ :tongue:

It's when that emotional investment has already taken place when it gets sticky.

For me, not so sticky. Maybe I've gone too far the other way now, but after the No-Sex-Ex, if there wasn't good sex and plenty of it (excluding temporary situations of course), I'd be walking out the door. Emotional investment means nothing to me if the sex is lacking. I spent quite long enough being miserable in the absence of sex because of an emotional attachment. Never again.

I need to add something to this discussion for petite's sake too: In the spirit of the question, "Is it a dealbreaker?", my answer is yes. But in the context of raising a family and a newborn kid, it would not. I'd move heaven and earth to stay happy in a sexless relationship for the sake of my kids... which is why I have none.

Sex, in of itself, is one of the most important components to my happiness. The only thing that would make me re-prioritize this is another human life that's depending on me for its survival.

I'd be just as likely to end it (or go to an open relationship) if I had kids (again, assuming it was permanent rather than temporary). No sex makes me a miserable, evil bitch, and I doubt I could be the best of mothers in that mindset. But if I had children I would probably give it a go for longer, compared to if I was childless.

Barring that, my cock firmly rooted deep inside a woman's vagina is the source of what completes me.

Switch that to the women's point of view and I feel the same.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, you'd be best friends who kiss and give each other oral. For me, this would be okay. As long as I could fulfill my vaginal cravings elsewhere.

Yeah, I could see both scenarios.

I'm terribly good at keeping FBs as FBs (that might be a bad thing).

I think it's an awesome thing. MrsR, back in her college days, really had no problems doing that. Through her first and second marriages when we'd commiserate about relationships, she'd still "tsk tsk" me about finding these women who I ended up marrying instead of dumping. Hah! Fooey to her now! (We were supposed to be FBs as well)

I have no problem separating sex and love either, so it's unlikely the FB on the side would intrude on our relationship.

Good

I beg to differ :tongue:

On which aspect?

For me, not so sticky. Maybe I've gone too far the other way now, but after the No-Sex-Ex, if there wasn't good sex and plenty of it (excluding temporary situations of course), I'd be walking out the door. Emotional investment means nothing to me if the sex is lacking. I spent quite long enough being miserable in the absence of sex because of an emotional attachment. Never again.

I'm too much of a nice guy I think. I can't stand to see a woman cry.

I'd be just as likely to end it (or go to an open relationship) if I had kids (again, assuming it was permanent rather than temporary). No sex makes me a miserable, evil bitch, and I doubt I could be the best of mothers in that mindset. But if I had children I would probably give it a go for longer, compared to if I was childless.

Good for you. Here's hoping you never turn into a miserable evil bitch.

Switch that to the women's point of view and I feel the same.

Just for grins and giggles, write down your point of view for me.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, deal-breaker. Timely topic as just broke up with GF that I love over this but it's not a size or comfort issue, it's a Christian/moral issue. We've been wonderfully sexually active for four years and the Christian guilt just came over her and the ensuing marry me or commit to a lifelong exclusive and celibate life ultimatum came up. Game changer, deal-breaker for sure. I didn't sign up for that. It's not a commitment issue as I've been married before. Love can be hard . . .

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you again, everyone, for your kind comments! I really appreciate it.

Sad to say it is a dealbreaker for me.

That response out of the way, couldn't you ask your doc if dosing up on relaxin would help?

She recommended Premarin, the estrogen cream. She's apparently familiar with this particular problem. Unfortunately, the solution might affect my breast milk production, and I'm dedicated to breastfeeding.

My wife and I share a connection that goes well beyond the physical.

We do, too. :smile:

I would hope that we would be able to use other sexual activities and the all-sexy imagination to stay physically intimate.

I hope so, too!

I dated a girl years ago that was saving vaginal penetration for marriage but everything else was "no holds barred." We didn't go as far as using toys. But, had mutual masturbation, oral, grinding, etc. I found it an awesome experience and we came hard just with that. It was an awesome experience.

This weekend was really nice. I felt like a teenager again, but it was definitely very sexy. It was nice to get in touch with that feeling again, even if we couldn't have vaginal sex, like we're used to.

A bond is truly strong when nothing short of death can break it.
When you love someone and you are there for them when they need it in a way no one else is, that is beyond intimacy.
I think that describes us, at least I truly hope that it does.

A terminal illness can terminate your sex life and consequently that of your partner.
I spent nearly 5 years without sex while my partner was dying.
Besides not being able to have sex there were 3 days a week at the hospital, hair gone, strength lost, numerous surgeries, unable to drive, then unable to walk, confined to a bed.
I know there are people who abandon someone in such a situation but to me that is just wrong. So wrong that it is unthinkable.
I had no vaginal sex for 5 years and yes it sucked.
But my wife had no sex either. And a slow death that came to one much too young to die.
I know that we would be there for each other in the exact same situation. I just hope we never have to find out for sure.

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that and you lost someone so dear to you. :hug:
Nope, I could easily have a relationship with someone where all we did was kiss. It's about the person, not about sticking your penis inside them, surely...
I think I would want more than just kissing, but I completely agree with you, it's all about the person.
I understand how you feel, Petite. While I didn't have any issues with penetration after childbirth (I had a c-section as well), my post-hysterectomy insides are different. The lack of hormones from ovary removal make the walls less elastic and intercourse has been painful. Vaginal length was shortened by maybe a 1/2 inch but when you add decreased elasticity it feels like I've been shortened by inches. I honestly think your issues are your hormones balancing back out. For most women it's an emotional issue, maybe it manifested physically for you? It's also difficult to relax with a newborn that needs so much tending to, so could some of this be emotional? Just throwing that out there.
ticIf he had an average size penis, it wouldn't be an issue at all, but when I described the difficulty I had dilating using dildos and the pain I experienced when we tried penetration, she said that it was lack of elasticity due to breastfeeding, so it sounds like a similar problem that occurs after a hysterectomy. I was really glad to get a solid answer so I could stop wondering. It's also nice to know how long I need to wait. I was thinking maybe a few weeks, but it turns out that it will probably be months before we can have vaginal sex again, which doesn't make me happy, but it saves me the frustration of attempting to have sex over and over again and failing repeatedly.
If it came up later, I'd need to discuss opening up the relationship. If he wasn't OK with that, it would be a deal breaker.
Since you brought it up, I asked TheBF the hypothetical question, "If we could never have vaginal sex again, would you want to open up our relationship?" The prospect of never having vaginal sex with each other again is a scary one, but we both thought it was scarier to seek satisfaction elsewhere, if the purpose was to get something neither of us could get from the other partner. We both thought that the more secure we felt about how satisfied each other was in bed, the less concerned we would feel about inviting extra partners. I asked him if he didn't believe that there was enough to our relationship outside of sex to keep us together, and he said that wasn't the problem, he would feel threatened by whomever I'm enjoying having sex with if I can't have it with him and I know I would feel the same way if he was having sex with a woman who could do things I can't do. He cares more about protecting his relationship with me than he does about having vaginal sex. Neither of us liked the idea that one of us could develop feelings for someone else. Unlike you, we aren't as good at separating sex and emotions, and we're both aware of it.

I think I could, but only if anal was on the cards. Mainly because I'd want to do something to her with my penis... a blow job she's doing all the work, toys its not really me doing it... I would still want to have sex with her and cum inside her.

This is also assuming we were 100% compatible personality wise, and she fucking loved anal.
I do enjoy anal sex, but it is time consuming to enjoy it, which gets in the way of doing it frequently.
Not a deal breaker for me at all. But then again, I guess I just never based my love for her on whether or not any or all of her openings are on the menu.
True. I keep thinking about how a lot of gay men only engage in oral sex, no penetration at all, about 25% of all gay men. Considering how many people are in sexless marriages or who only engage in sex in the missionary position, I think our sex life would still be enviable and more varied than most people who are in long term relationships.
Petite, I definately don't see it as a problem for myself. I prefer to give and receive oral if the girl doesn't want to have vaginal sex and it can be even hotter than the full sex thing. But I've never been a fan of anal. Plus when you're with someone and it seems like it's going well, it doesn't matter if there is a dry spell. Especially after childbirth. My girlfriend was sore for many months after but eventually it gets back to normal and didn't even notice because there's a kid occupying your time. Of course sex is always important but I'm sure like most guys, he isn't really noticing. And congratulations by the way!
Aw, thank you for the congratulations! I wish I could say that we haven't noticed the absence of sex, but we have. I think we notice it less than we would if it weren't for the baby, though.
I'm glad you were able to get the Premarin cream. It is possible to use while breastfeeding. I know for a fact it is!! Yes your production can decrease, but taking in more fluids and pumping between feedings should take care of that. Most babies start taking in some solids such as rice cereal about 4 months of age so you're really not depriving the baby of anything. Please don't feel torn to shoose one over the other cause it's not necessary. You're right about having to think in terms of months and not weeks though...Like I said, I breastfed all of my kids for 2 years each, that doesn't mean that I gave up my sex life during that time and they were all eating healthy solid food by 6 months too. I actually made my own babyfood! Please feel free to ask anything. Nothing is off limits I promise! And if it helps then all the better!
You were so right about everything! I am glad that I won't be struggling futility, now that I know that I really should just be patient and wait until I've decided that it's okay to begin formula or solids.

I'm really dedicated to breastfeeding and I think we're on the same page there. My OB-GYN said that some women aren't affected, but because of my size, I probably will experience a reduction in my breast milk, just because I'm so tiny. I don't think we feel willing to take the risk that my breastmilk supply could be affected because we feel that it's so important. I think we're going to wait longer before we try the cream.

I've been planning on making baby food, too! I was planning on breastfeeding exclusively for 6 months, no formula or solids.
no not a deal breaker for me, i'm 9''x7'' and i have to be careful with most women..i don't know if this is why i like to give head so much or what. but i prefer mutual masturbation and recieving hand jobs foot jobs ect.........i do enjoy intercource but its hard to have a good time with a lot of women its the length not the girth that causes problems you just naturally want to go as deep as you can and some times you forget and you hurt your partner, thats not okay with me
TheBF doesn't like it when he hurts me with his penis, either.
Glad to hear the good news, Petite :smile:. And good on you for being totally honest with your doc again. Being brave really pays off :smile:.
It really does. At first it was surreal, and then she said, "Lots of women have talked to me about these problems." That really made me feel a lot less like a freak.
Likewise, the health of the baby will always be a priority over our sex life.
My personal gynecological problems (endometriosis)involve large amounts of internal scar tissue which I have found sexual activity is the best way of alleviating. But it does not have to involve vaginal penetration. Petite, just coming regularly will be the very best thing for restoring your internal flexibility and reducing the scarring between the organs!

Also I breast-fed. One of my kids was a forceps delivery with very high bilirubin (jaundice from bruising) and my milk didn't kick in fast enough to hydrate him so I supplemented with formula but breast feeding has no substitute. That child got both and turned out tall and heavy as a youth.
Well, you don't have to tell me twice. I'm happy to have lots of orgasms for the sake of my health. :smile:

My baby also had jaundice and they almost didn't release us from the hospital. I spent the first few days after he was born with the breast pump, feeding him as much as possible. Breastfeeding is very important to me because it reduces his chances of getting diabetes, cancer, allergies, asthma, and becoming overweight. It also reduces my chances of getting breast cancer and heart disease. Everything I eat is in consideration of it's effect on my breastmilk and I'm careful to get my vitamins and take the DHA supplements. We aren't ready to give it up quite yet, especially since I've been struggling so much with it, working so hard to increase my milk supply so that I wouldn't have to use formula. I'm too invested in doing it to give it up.
Your BF seems like a stand up guy... I wouldn't give up the breastfeeding either.

I would say that having oral and especially a willing anal partner would be fine with me. Vaginal sex is great, but having a willing partner is way better in any relationship.
He is a stand up guy and I'm definitely a willing partner.
Petite I am so happy that you had a good talk with your obgyn. You are a lucky woman to have TheBF, I'm sure everything will work out fine!
I think I am lucky! He's a very good man. :smile:

nurseharley

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i do enjoy anal sex and oral sex very much, but it would definitely be difficult to go COMPLETELY without vaginal sex. i think i would have to give a try and see how it went. if the guy was worth it, i think i would eventually learn to deal with it.

plus i have plenty of dildos he can use on me instead.

blazblue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hmmm.... i don't know really. everyone so has made valid some valid points so far so i'm in the middle somewhere. i guess it just depend on the woman that i'm with and the kind of relationship we have.