Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thursday, July 17, 2008
An Open Letter To Howard Dean from The Denver Group

Dear Dr. Dean,
Through the wonders of the internet The Denver Group has learned that you have reportedly discussed us in an interview today. Since the purpose of our ads has been to make our points partly to you as well as the rest of the DNC and Democrats as a whole, normally we'd be pleased to know they are getting through to you. But based on the interviewer's characterization of your comments, we don't think you actually know much about The Denver Group, its founders, and its goals. The interviewer writes:
When asked about the ads criticizing him and Speaker Pelosi for Clinton supposedly not being on the ballot at the convention, he [Howard Dean] scoffed. Clinton will be on the ballot at the convention, and will be speaking there. Dean indicated that the rules were so clear on this matter, that the groups running these ads and spreading these rumors must be associated with the other internet rumors going around, such as Obama being a Muslim. He also speculated that McCain supporters might be behind these rumors.
No need for you to speculate, Dr. Dean. We are happy to tell you exactly who we are, what we expect of you and the DNC, and why your comment that Senator Clinton's name will be on the ballot is not enough. Senator Clinton's name must be put in nomination, not just "on the ballot" and the roll call vote to be a real honest and open opportunity for superdelegates to do their job under DNC rules and select the nominee at the Convention. Just saying that Senator Clinton's name will be on the ballot is not going to fool anyone. Being on the ballot counts for nothing if a candidate's name is not placed in nomination. More than 18 million Democratic voters would be pleased to hear you say publicly that there will be an open convention with Senator Clinton's name placed in nominaton and an open roll call vote.

Since the interviewer in question does not quote you directly and certainly has never asked us about our views on any of the matters you supposedly raised in relation to our group, we are not speculating as to what you actually said or what you actually believe or know about The Denver Group and its founders, Heidi Li Feldman and Marc Rubin. If you want to actually know and so that you have your facts right feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Heidi Li Feldman and Marc Rubin
for The Denver Group
yawn

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Get over it, and stop voting for people because of their last name. Seriously, if her last name wasn't Clinton, she would be a nobody, and that is the truth.

Don't be a hypocrite, Bush stole the elction with a famous name.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well her name obviously didn't help her get the nomination, while Barack (Trinity will love this) Hussein Obama got teh nomination in spite of his name.

Seriously? Her name was her saving grace for this race. She wouldn't have been in the race at all if her name wasn't Clinton. Hands down.

Outrageously ironic that you'd use a sexist stereotype for the title of a thread when you've been railing your entire time here about how Clinton was denied the nomination due to sexism.

You are truly unscrupulous.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Outrageously ironic that you'd use a sexist stereotype for the title of a thread when you've been railing your entire time here about how Clinton was denied the nomination due to sexism.

You are truly unscrupulous.

Hillary Clinton has referred to herself as a girl:

“For 15 years, I have stood up against the right-wing machine and I’ve come out stronger. So if you want a winner who knows how to take them on, I’m your girl,” [Sen. Hillary] Clinton said.

The title of this post uses a well known reference. A guy being afraid of girl. Women do use the word girl to describe ourselves, we don't abhor the word only the use of sexism against us and any word used to achieve it.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Guys, maybe if we humor Trinity she'll shut up about all this. Trinity, you're right. Obama scares me, all that flip-fopping is scary, and change? Scary. He lost my vote. You've convinced me to hand my vote over to Granddaddy. Congrats, you've made a conversion.

*whispers*

maybe if we convince her that she's converted atleast 25 of us, she can get her commission from the Mccain camp and let it rest.......

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yep. I wanna stay at war and keep throwing away money. Things aren't expensive enough yet. I wanna be broke. As broke as broke can be. I wanna be so broke that I steal the change out of the fountains at the mall.

Because war is the only important thing.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Yep. I wanna stay at war and keep throwing away money. Things aren't expensive enough yet. I wanna be broke. As broke as broke can be. I wanna be so broke that I steal the change out of the fountains at the mall.

Because war is the only important thing.

Of course. War is going to fix the economy. If we kill enough of the competition, nobody is left to make us look bad by comparison.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I haven't been follow a lot of the politics in regards to conventions. I'm finding Trinity's posts to be informative.

What I'm finding amazing is that outside of her original post in this thread, all of her other posts have been quoting the people she's been talking about.

How about this: Stop attacking the poster and actually discuss what she is posting??

What would happen if there is an upset at the convention?

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so people here actually think trinity has been sent down from the mccain administration to blast obama on a large penis website...

You know aside from the herd mentality of most here regarding her posts, Trinity does seem to post fairly informative shit, certainly opposed to any pro obama posts. Just because you don't agree with it does not mean it is any less informative, or that she is in collusion with the republican party and mccain. When people resort to personal attacks and gang mentality against someone who is providing their own opinion (and opinions of others believe it or not) it can be seen that they see that person as a threat. In that same way, some people see obama as a threat as well.

Regarding support for obama, most of it does seem to be in the same vein as "I am willing to take a chance on him", because, and as trinity has so eloquently pointed out many times, there is not much history for him to run on. I mean really, if he wasn't so great at making speeches he wouldn't be anywhere near the presidency. For real. I would vote for him because he is black, because in the environment and culture I grew up in this has been a long time coming, but is that a good reason? I really think he is a clown.

I think the real issue, and major driving force behind his campaign, is that people are using him and all want a piece of him. They despised Hillary and Bill because they knew that they wouldn't be able to have any control or get a piece of the action, but with a newcomer, a great speaker, and someone who can appeal to both black and white people, they found the perfect soldier.

They know exactly how to market him. Where to make him give speeches. They know every time a person watches him speak, and the bigger the crowd the better, they have gained one more cognitive miser. Most people don't care about his past or what he is done, they just like his speech and the trendy movement and cast a vote for him. He is a puppet these people can control, and I am sure he would relinquish much of it because he probably is in over his head becoming President, much like the current president was and is, and he was a puppet too.

And I am not saying he will be bad for this country, because he (and Hillary too believe it or not for all you haters) have done a lot of good for this country, motivating new voters such as myself to step up and vote. But identifying with the democratic party myself, I thought Hillary and Bill would have made a great presidency with Obama as a vice, and then have him take the reins after he gains some much needed (in the public's mind) experience. And that is 16 years of democratic presidency, hands down. Guaranteed. But now Obama and the democrats are walking the line.

If Obama doesn't blow this cat out he is a bum.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If Obama doesn't blow this cat out he is a bum.

Yea I agree there. But I just find it trite when people give the same recycled reasons for him not to be president with no backing except for other people with the same recycled responses.

And you're right. Alot of people are voting for him just because he's (half) black and trendy to some. But that's not everybody. Besides, just as many people are voting for McCain because he is white and/or a former POW.

I just find it funny when people say he is elitist because he went to Harvard Law and can't connect with real people. Yet he grew up in a single parent house with no father (indetifying point) and busted his ass to get to Law school with no scholership, only to graduate at the top of his class. Yet Bill Clinton went to FUCKING OXFORD on a scholarship and no one brands him with the same label. In fact, most politicians have a law degree, but none catch the same backlash.

For all the "reasons" that Obama shouldn't be president, no one can provide any reasons why McCain should be president.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
I believe that if the DNC were to suspend their rules so that there is no open roll call vote with Hillary Clinton in Nomination and
SuperDelegates (who have not actually voted...only stated their intent to support a candidate) do not choose between the Democratic Candidates and elect the Democratic Nominee...then the Nomination is not valid.

A Coronation of Obama will make him the weakest Nominee in our Nation's History.

We voted for delegates, they should be able to cast votes in the actual Nomination with the Candidates who practically tied in Primary. Super Delegates should complete the final step in the Nomination process by actually Nominating the Democratic Nominee and the only way that can happen is if both names are in Nomination.

Obama needs 2118 to win, he only has 1766.5 delegates. Due to the SuperDelegate vote required for the Nomination, this election must have both Candidates in Nomination and an Open Roll Call.