Is Online Dating the Way to Go?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by cheezsteak, Sep 29, 2009.

1. cheezsteak

cheezsteak Member

dating these days suck to the point i would rather go back to one of my ex girlfriends. i go out, sometimes even get "lucky", but at the end of the day i still feel empty. one thing i haven't tried is online dating such as match.com or eHarmony. does anyone feel like online dating is the new medium for dating or is this something for the anti-socialites such as myself? also for those who are for online dating feel free to leave some sites to check out.

2. suineg

suineg New Member

I am an engineer, a venerable king of anti-socialites. Didn't like bars, and the general dating seen in college. In grad school I tried online dating, with ups and downs, but ended up hooking up with my future wife. Would never have met her in a million years any other way. Been married 8 years.

Go for it!!

3. D_Jerry_Atric

D_Jerry_Atric Account Disabled

I personally hate online "dating". It's an oxymoron and I do much better meeting people in public or in bars/dance clubs, being introduced by friends, or in hobby/social groups than online.

4. cheezsteak

cheezsteak Member

what is a good site to try?

5. GBF64

GBF64 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Plentyoffish.com is free.

6. D_Langstaff Longstaff

Plenty of fish is great. I HATE OKCUPID. Fuck I don't know why but my results from there are either completely ignored, or I meet the most stupid girls, plus a lot of them are fat and ugly.

Plentyoffish.com has a lot of good looking girls from my experience.

7. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    No it's not... Quite honestly I would never use a dating website to find a girlfriend. I had a few girlfriends I did meet online... but never through a website specifically made for such a purpose.

8. B_Mister Buildington

I met the woman of my dreams on OKcupid, and got a bit of random tail there before we met. We've been together for more than three years, and I didn't previously know that any relationship could be so perfect.

Thank you OKcupid, thank you internet. Thank you military industrial complex for creating the internet. War brought me love :)

9. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

online dating is definitely worth a try. it may not be for everyone, but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. it may seem weird at first, but because it's become so common these days it's not even something to be frowned upon anymore. and statisically, 40% of people meet their other halves online, so what have you got to lose?

i personally never thought i would meet someone online, but i met my significant other right here on lpsg. we didn't expect it to happen... it just did, and we're celebrating our 1 year anniversary in november. a lot of the reason why i am where i am today is because i was open to trying something new. you never know how many endless possibilities there are to meet people until you try.

10. cdarro

cdarro New Member

Can't say I'd recommend it. I tried it before meeting my current GF and met some of the most dishonest (or unrealistic), socially inept women one could imagine.

11. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Surprisingly, that's how I met my bf and we've been together almost 6 years. :dunno:

12. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

and that's how you met ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

True, dat. :wink:

14. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

yeah, you were in the section of men looking for women ;P

15. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

And you were cruising it.

16. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Online dating is a good way to meet people outside your circle, and it worked for me. You will need to get the hang of the etiquette and get female advice on your profile, but once you're past that point, it works.

Speed dating is even better (unless you're a woman) - the quality of women in speed dating is a lot higher than the quality of men.

Draft saved Draft deleted