Is overeating acceptable if one doesn't gain weight?

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
If you're thin and don't gain weight, who cares how much you eat? If you eat very little but are overweight you'll be judged and viewed differently by your size, not your consumption...and if you pig out, gain weight AND are overweight, you'll really take a negative hit as far as preception goes!

You hit the nail on the head. This describes my mother, who eats very little but manages to carry excess weight. She is active even though she has a disability, she eats small meals and maintains a diabetic diet. Despite all of this, she has been viewed differently because of the extra weight she carries.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I am one of the lucky ones who can eat whatever and as much as I want without ever gaining weight. When I was younger, I actually had to pound the food in to keep a less then malnourished appearance. I weighed 136 pounds when I graduated high school and was 6'3". I even tried drinking olive oil for a couple of weeks figuring it was straight fat. Most people would have considered what I did to be overeating but it wasn't for my body. It was necessary to keep me going.

I can still eat whatever I want but choose to eat healthy now. There is a lot more to being healthy than just looking acceptable. Cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar needs to be kept at healthy levels.

More importantly, people are doing a lot of wrong things to look right. Pills, powders and diets are destroying people. They aren't worried about their health if they look acceptable to their friends.

I remember a couple of guys like that growing up. One guy in particular had hit 6' by the time he was 13 and became very frustrated at how thin he was. He did the same thing you did by eating anything he could get his hands on. He tried working out to get muscles, that didn't work either. It wasn't until after he graduated high school that he started to fill out.

I agree with you regarding the powders and diets. Even if there is short term success, there's no telling what the long term effects are on the body. Sorry, but I'd rather have some extra weight on me than look svelte in a casket.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I believe that overeating or eating a poor diet is a real problem today but I also believe that genetics plays a big part. My wife and I led an aerobics class many years ago where there were several people who worked very hard to change their bodies but had little success. They came to class three times a week, they were walking at other times and we also helped them with their diets. While some lost a lot of weight and inches, others didn't. I had to believe them when they said that they were eating right, I couldn't spend every minute with them. Everybody is different. People with heavier bone structures will never look like a person with a small frame and shouldn't attempt to do so. People need to eat to be healthy and except the appearance that results from that.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like to cook healthy gourmet food and have dinner parties with good wine. Eat, drink, and be merry just like in the days of ancient Rome and Greece! There is always plenty and no one leaves hungry. I like when my guests enjoy my food, and am flattered when they tell me "It's so good I can't stop eating!"

unless a person has the manners of a pig, let them enjoy his/her meal.
L.M.A.O.! My parents always said that class and manners are free, and even rich people can act like pigs at the dinner table. Bad manners are a huge turn off for me. Some examples:
Talking with food in your mouth, even worse, talking while chewing
Chewing with your mouth open
Licking your fingers (use a napkin)
Pushing food onto the fork with a finger (use the knife)
People at buffets eating while in the serving area. (Can't you wait until you return to your table?)

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Regardless of an apparent weight gain in the near future (or lack thereof), the effects of over-eating are cumulative. Also, let's not forget that hunger is still a significant problem in many parts of the world, so we shouldn't delight in the ability to overeat.
I think like that, my own mother suffered hunger as a child, now i try to eat just what i need, im actually surpriced how well i can be with 1100-1200 cal at day, i remember once a boxing champion saying that during a training before an important fight he was eating around 1500 cal at day, quite little for the training, and how hard it was for him to do it, i see it on the moral side, more than the "looks" side

Notseingme

Experimental Member
Media
Just because you can eat anything you want and not gain weight doesn't mean your "healthy".

I had a friend who could eat anything and wouldn't gain a pound, but he died of a massive heart attack at 26 at the gym. He was even at a gym (Lifetime Fitness) that had a staff trained in CPR and AED units, they tried both but he was gone before he hit the floor. He was in ok shape, but the autopsy showed he had high cholesterol, blood pressure, and showed signs of clogged arteries, one that likely caused the fatal heart attack was nearly 100% blocked.

!!!!!!!!!

its a stupid double standard

if u eat everything insight and your skinny its something to laugh at

if you are overweight its gross from what have witnessed from people

and then there is the automatic assumption that if you are overweight all u do is pig out

alll overeaters that are thin do not work ouy or burn those calories they just dont gain weight

some ppul cheat a lil and 2 lbs is gained

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
!!!!!!!!!

its a stupid double standard

It truly is! It's offensive to call an overweight person fat but totally acceptable to call an underweight person skinny. I had this happen when I was younger. A larger person would say that I was skinny so I would ask if that makes them fat. They would get pissed usually. I didn't like being thin and found it offensive when people reminded me of it.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
It seems to me that if someone isn't gaining any weight they are not overeating for their metabolic profile. People who are very athletic can sometimes have extremely high metabolisms and have to eat huge calorie loads just to maintain their weight and muscle mass, even if they look ultra-thin. I have had to start monitoring calorie intake myself to make sure that I am eating enough to maintain my body weight.

I think it's unattractive, regardless of your weight. Gluttony isn't a specific trait to aim for. I'm thin, and I don't work out. I could probably overeat, but I don't. I also watch what I eat. Seeing a thin person eat plates of food isn't fascinating to me. To be honest, I think it's more attractive for a larger person to overeat than a thin person.