Is Palin about to be replaced?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Industrialsize, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    From TPM.com:
    Is Palin About to be Replaced ? Cancelled Appearances in 4 States

[​IMG]
    By John Nail - September 18, 2008, 8:43PM
    I called this a few weeks ago that she would not make it thru Sept. on the ticket. Is something going on here??

Now that Palin has really been vetted by someone - i.e. the press - and her poll bubble has burst more is on the horizon.
    Troopergate is VERY real. So real that McCain's team has essentially inserted itself in the matters of a sovereign US state. Why is this "Rambo" O'Callaghan involved?

• Todd Palin has now refused to testify
    From AP:
    GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is effectively turning over questions about her record as Alaska's governor to John McCain's political campaign, part of an ambitious Republican strategy to limit any embarrassing disclosures and carefully shape her image for voters in the rest of the country.
    Republican efforts include dispatching a former top U.S. terrorism prosecutor from New York, Ed O'Callaghan, to assist Palin's personal lawyer working to derail or delay a pending ethics investigation in Alaska ...
    O'Callaghan is just part of a cadre of high-powered operatives patrolling Alaska as reporters and Democrats scrutinize every detail of Palin's tenure in government, plus her family and friends. One strategy: Carefully coordinate any information that's released. The McCain campaign is demanding that it becomes the de facto source for answers about the operations of Alaska's government during the past 20 months.

I also guarantee you that Water Breakgate / Babygate has more to it than we ever will know - but I bet the Enquirer does and so does the McCain camp.
    How about tax evasion. Her per diem and transportation for the family has real

issues:Cafe Talk | Talking Points Memo | Let's see Palin's 1040
    With the economic crisis it adds an exclamation point to her lack of experience and competence. Stay tuned.

What do you think? ...Discuss!

2. ifxne_at_yahoo

ifxne_at_yahoo New Member

Albums:
    She's done a tremendous job getting money from big oil and giving it directly to the people. Most libs would love that. Heck call her a lib then. If she were dem she would be the Messiah!
    The partisan nonesense is ridiculous. Which group of actors do you want to vote for? If you're registered Dem or Rep you're intrinsically a fool because you fell for the biggest sitcom in the States.

3. invisibleman

Gold Member

In fantasy, George Clooney for President and Matt Damon for Vice-President. :biggrin1: And Arnold Schwarzeneggar as Secretary of State.

4. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    It seems like there might be a lot of instability on the republican ticket. Palin cancels appearances, and she's the one anyone bothers to come out and see. McCain isn't talking with the press much at all. When he does he puts Spain in Latin America and, essentially, publicly humiliates a NATO member with troops in Afganistan. He only speaks off teleprompter. Yesterday, Palin referred to the Palin/McCaine administration (you know he's steamed about that but totally deserves it).

If McCaine ditches Palin, he infuriates the right wing wacko base and, essentially, admits to an error in vetting. McCaine isn't looking well or able to make much sense when unscripted. He's seventy-two years old and has had melanoma four times. At least some of these were on the face/neck which is near the brain and has poor prognosis.

My prediction is that McCaine will try to cancel the debate next Friday.

Dave

5. ifxne_at_yahoo

ifxne_at_yahoo New Member

Albums:
    "black men can be president."
    seriously get rid of that that signature. You're perpetuating racism. By saying all white men are racist you are in essence a racist because you can't categorically say all of anyone is anything.
    Since I'm 6'7" perhaps I should be prejudice toward taller candidates. I'm not so foolish thankfully.
    Isn't Obama's mother a white woman from Kansas? Get over the color issue.
    And for the love of God there is nothing wrong with Palin's sex. Dimwitted people don't know anything outside the borders of the USA and you can choose to educate or ignore them. Germany has a female leader and they are the most productive country per capita in the world.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

I'd prefer Jed Bartlett for President. In lieu of him I am still cool with the Picard/Riker ticket. :cool:

7. thoswood

thoswood New Member

Thanks, Industrialsize. Fair question. If dumping the baggage was in the near future, the McCain camp wouldn't be so aggressive abt resisting the Troopergate investigation-- let the wolves get Palin (for a change). Perhaps the cancellations are a consequence of Palin being les than the sharpest tool in the shed.

ifxne-- Palin had nothing to do with "gettting the money from Big Oil." Sharing the income from oil royalties has been part of Alaskan life for decaded. The money that was distributed durning Palin's brief service as governor was a bonus from "windfall" income from the escalating price of oil, based on a percentage of the price.

The last week has shown that the "personality cult" campaign planned by the McCain (Rove) camp won't wash. Substantive discussions of real issues might actually play a role in this year's campaign.

8. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    "I'm a leader, not a reader!"

To Industrialsize's question, my answer is "Not likely." I don't know why those appearances of Governor Palin have been canceled, but it would take something much worse than anything that has been uncovered about her so far to get her bumped off the ticket. She has clearly been a net asset to McCain's campaign, sad to say.

9. Industrialsize

Albums:
    Actually, the only thing that I can see that Palin has done for Mccain is to sore up the religious right, people who weren't going to vote for obama anyway. Polls show that there has been absolutely NO movement by women towards Mccain as a result of the Palin Nomination. Personally, I hope he keeps her, I refer to her as "the gift that keeps on giving' for the Dems....a new Lie/controversy every day!

10. B_hardasarokkk

B_hardasarokkk New Member

PMT maybe??:biggrin1:

11. thirteenbyseven

Gold Member

It seems for the moment that a Sarah Palin appearance at The Villages (Florida's friendliest hometown) in back on this weekend, with a tightly scripted Palin telling the retirement folks how to live the Florida lifestyle on their retirement budget. However, I don't think she'll be playing on the Nancy Lopez-designed golf course. I've also read she is not going to be doing anymore Q & A after a semi-embarrassing session in Michigan.

The Republicans are slowly coming to the realization that Sarah Palin is not the magic bullet they were hoping for. Yesterday Chuck Hagel (R) gave a "are you kidding" answer when told she hadn't held a U.S. Passport in her life until required to do so on the junket to Kuwait to "visit her Alaska National Guard troops." (Maybe she thought they'd throw in Paris Disneyland on the trip over.) Carly Fiorina, late of Hewlett-Packard, almost chuckled when asked if the myopic one from Wasilla was qualified to run a large corporation; who would be sane enough to let Palin run a Ben & Jerry's without an army of qualified underlings and yes-men?

There is no question her handlers are canceling appearances because the diamond-in-the-ruff is looking more and more like a lump of coal. She is being schooled in neocon-think by AIPAC and Sen. Joe Leiberman (according to Patrick Buchanan) and trading in her Alaska duds for Valentino, thanks to robo-wife Cindy McCain. But all that spit and polish can't prevent a disaster every time Palin opens her mouth and reveals to the world why she went to five colleges in six years.

She is no Phi Beta Kappa. :confused:

12. atomicTIGER

atomicTIGER New Member

Word is that they found a bunch of new shit that she is covering up--and she may soon be replaced.

13. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

I doubt that- if she were a Democrat, she probably would have COMPLIED WITH THE LAW.

Y'know... the way Bill Clinton COMPLIED with the law when HE was subpoenaed to testify...

I am SURE he would have rather NOT have had to humiliate himself publicly over something that was certainly a personal failing... but not germane to his actions as president....

But when it was explained that the the president is not immune from subpoena... he showed up and complied with the law.

Something Cheney, Rove, Scooter, and now Palin seem unable to do.

Palin is a PROVEN criminal.
    She has refused to comply to subpoena... she has suborned others to obstruct justice... and she and her staff violated State laws concerning government communications for the openly stated purpose of evading FUTURE subpoena.

And much of this is at the counsel of Republican Party staffers...

Which makes the republicans handling her campaign complicit in a conspiracy to obstruct justice...

But then... what has the last 8 years under republican rule been OTHER than one vast conspiracy to obstruct justice.

The family values of the republican party are the same family values as the Gotti family.
    The Medici family..

I am sick of conservative "holier than thou" rhetoric.

Word are nothing.

Their ACTIONS reveal their true natures.

Thugs. Charlatans. Traitors

Everything they did to "protect" the US has DAMAGED the US.
    And, coincidentally, made their friends vastly richer.

Impeachment is insufficient.

We need seizure of ill gotten assets and incarceration to teach republicans that this is a nation ruled by LAW.

14. invisibleman

Gold Member

And I am far from racist, my dear friend. I can tell you this. I have a bunch of people of differing races in my fam and we get along fine. Trust me on that.

Back to topic, shall we?
    There hasn't been a President of color in the whole history of Presidential elections...black, Hispanic, Asian, etcetera. There hasn't EVEN been a female President in the whole history of Presidential elections. All Presidents elected have been white males. We can have black men and females as Secretarys of State. But why all of a sudden Obama is the source of hatred and he hasn't stepped one foot into the White House? So, it is NOT I who is racist or sexist but maybe the electoral system. Maybe the Presidential seat is a secret special seat of power only reserved for support of other agendas and private interests, eh? Obama isn't supposed to have that seat, huh?

Certain Americans don't want to support an intelligent black guy? Afraid that he may make Bush look bad? Are you afraid that he may actually do some good like President Clinton? But you will vote for McCain/Palin...and the world we truly see America does have a glass ceiling at such top levels of government power.

Why should I take down my signature? Would you infringe me of my First Amendment rights under the Constitution of the United States? I don't ever recall telling you that you should take down your signature. Have I? No, I have not.

On the issue of Obama having a white mother and that doesn't make him black...
    Darling, I hate to break it to you and some of the Conservatives on here...Obama is black. :eek:

Obama is black. Michael Jackson is black. Mariah Carey is black. Halle Berry is black. Invisibleman even though he got some sort of Native American in him...he is black. Even that Polynesian chick with the long hair that danced on SOUL TRAIN back in the day...that beyotch is black. :eek::biggrin1:

Black is not a bad thing.

15. invisibleman

Gold Member

NJ--

Martin Sheen...Patrick Stewart...Jonathan Frakes. You are going for sultry and sooky. :biggrin1: :wink:

I wanted George Clooney to be President so that Ben Affleck and Michael C. Hall could be Presidential aides and give him oral in the Oval Office. And in comes...Matt Damon. He just sets off the whole Vice-President hotness. :smile:

16. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    It is not a rumor. She's already been replaced, says The Huffington Enquirer:

The Palin look-alike life form we see in the media is indeed the inter-species progeny of Palin's extra-marital affair with an extra-terrestrial lesbian from a distant corner of the Milky Way.

17. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

I am too lazy to do research but how easy or difficult is it to replace a candidate on the ticket since she was offically nominated for the office at the convention?

If she were to be replaced she would most likely have to be replaced by another WOMAN.

18. Industrialsize

Albums:
    McCain could replace her with anyone....

19. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:

Why should you care.... given how much you've berated her, you should want to keep her in the position....

20. Industrialsize

Albums:
    You must have missed this in one of my earlier posts....

Draft saved Draft deleted