Is Palin about to be replaced?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why should you care.... given how much you've berated her, you should want to keep her in the position....

Well, to be very honest Palin should have never been picked to be the Republican VP to begin with. Ever since her announcement, people could see how manipulative and calculated the whole thing was. From before the selection, when smear campaigns were launched by Republicans against Obama saying that "Hillary was right"... to the announcement of Palin as VP almost immediately after the DNC was finished. Many people could see that the pick was made for McCain to not only win over the religious right, but to also try and coax disgruntled Hillary voters who only wanted to see a woman in office.

Sadly, at least for McCain that is, if he replaces her midway through the campaign it would send a message that he's incapable of making important decisions. I mean, how can you run a country if you can't even properly pick your running mate? So many Republicans trumpeted her nomination as if it was the dawning of the Age of Aquarius. Now that Palin is being taken apart in a similar matter as Hillary, they want to complain. Besides, if this contest is about "personality" as suggested by Rick Davis, how would it look for the GOP to be visualized as indecisive, quick to make rash decisions, or even worse... quitters?

McCain and the GOP made their bed, now they should see it through to the end.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Why should you care.... given how much you've berated her, you should want to keep her in the position....

Here is why I care....

Because I love my country and my fellow man... that is why.

There is a possibility that the republicans could win the election.

That is not an outcome I would be happy about... but it IS possible.

IF SO... then I would hope to hell the republican party would have chosen a candidate WISELY.

At this time, we simply can not afford another functional moron in the white house.

The Republican party has an OBLIGATION to the American people to try and choose someone who can represent the people.
Not just the small percentage who are cheaters, liars and in the pocket of corporate interests.

I was astonished that they chose someone as prudent as McCain. The LEAST extreme of a bunch of far right wingers. ( although many republicans did not like that he was chosen)

But their cynical choice of Palin-- for an elderly presidential candidate, proves that they are all about image and marketing, and have zero concern for the proper execution of the office.

I think a democrat is what this nation needs right now...
But if we end up with a republican I would still hope that the nominee was not a cynical political media ploy...
was someone with some substance.

alas... the republicans keep proving they are too irresponsible... too concerned with maintaining power... and not concerned enough with how their actions affect this nation.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
"I think a democrat is what this nation needs right now...
But if we end up with a republican I would still hope that the nominee was not a cynical political media ploy...
was someone with some substance."
Phil Ayesho But Does it have to Obama :aargh4: :feedback:

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think she is about to be replaced. McCain will ride her ship to the bottom of the sea. Just WHEN the ship will start to sink is unknown. I think we''ll know more after the Biden debate. If McCain starts taking on water then, its over.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Neither campaign can afford the hit of replacing their nominee.
It would just be ammunition for the opposition.

The only hope they have would be if Sarah were to change her mind and DECLINE the nomination- citing the Alaska investigation and a public statement about not wanting to drag the republican ticket down.

Biden doesn't even have a scandal brewing--- he's got no way out.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
"I think a democrat is what this nation needs right now...
was someone with some substance."
Phil Ayesho But Does it have to Obama :aargh4: :feedback:

Yes- trust me... Obama would be pretty good.

Being the first Black president... the pressure on him to excel will be tremendous. And the assistance he will be offered will be legion.

He is a compelling public speaker...

Say what you will about the many stupid and damaging things Reagan did in office...His public persona made the presidency respectable again... and he inspired people to follow his lead. He represented America abroad well.

Obama has that same ability to inspire- look how the europeans have responded to him..

He managed a campaign that beat Hillary... that's a a guy who hires the right people and effectively manages their efforts.

And hell- the way he responded to the racial attack, early on... the adult, direct and reasonable way he discussed one of the most vexing and intractable problems in America... that proved he was the best person for the job right there.

The man is brilliant.

And we could USE some of that right about now.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The election is less than 2 months away. For either side to replace the VP nom at this late date would be unprecidented and highly damaging. Neither Biden or Palin is going anywhere.

I concur, replacing in the home stretch of the election would certainly be unprecedented, even signal defeat based upon instability. These bailouts are a distraction from the qualifications and solutions any of them have. The next 4 years are going to be a "super-sized" version of Daddy Bush administration, regardless of who we get out of the election process.

But once in, I wouldn't have an issue with replacing a VP, even broadening their scope to have a more active role in the administration if that is necessary. Desperate times call for desperate measures ?

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
But once in, I wouldn't have an issue with replacing a VP, even broadening their scope to have a more active role in the administration if that is necessary. Desperate times call for desperate measures ?

The VP is elected, like the president and congresspeople, so no one can fire them except the people ... thru their elected representatives, i.e., impeachment. And we know how unlikely that is. A president could put pressure on a VP to resign, but the president doesn't have the power to replace the VP once that VP has been elected.

As I heard some pundit say the other day, the Palin nomination was a "hail mary" pass, and it got much more attention than nominating another white middle-aged dude for VP would have. However, like most hail mary passes, this one doesn't appear to be working. Palin's positive poll numbers have dipped and her negatives have risen to the point where she looks like a polarizing addition to the ticket.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The VP is elected, like the president and congresspeople, so no one can fire them except the people ... thru their elected representatives, i.e., impeachment. And we know how unlikely that is. A president could put pressure on a VP to resign, but the president doesn't have the power to replace the VP once that VP has been elected.

Another broken aspect of the system ? What if Cheney had died, his bionic heart operation failed or better yet, his lawyer had shot him in the head, face and chest ? The President or their party should be able to name a successor, every other position is an appointment ? At this stage, Palin and Biden were asked to be running mates, it wasn't anything the rest of us voted for. Sure we vote for the President, but does anyone really think the VP would ever be in charge ? Cheney scares me worse than Bush did.