Is Pollution Weeding Out Male Babies?

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This article in the January 2008 issue of Discovery magazine says that many pollutants act like estrogen in the body. These estrogen-mimicing chemicals skew the gender ratio of newborn babies. Decades past, we saw 51.5 baby boys for every 48.5 baby girls. Over the last few decades, the ratio has changed in many places. For example, in northern Canada, the ratio is 46 boys to 54 girls. In parts of northern Russia, the ratio is very skewed: 30 boys for every 70 girls. In Japan and the US, we now see fewer baby boys born per 10,000 births than we saw years ago.

If you check this Wikipedia page, you will see that many of the countries affected are those in former Soviet Union or Eastern European countries which had few if any environmental regulations. Also, several northern countries are affected because the pollutants drift northwards where they accumulate in the environment there.

The pollutants also affect the male babies by reducing testicle size and fertility.

D

deleted15807

This could mean more males will get to fuck many more women.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
True ... but the tradeoff is that they do it with smaller balls, fewer sperm, and littler cocks. I'd rather have my current size and potency.

I'd take a smaller dick and an no reproductive function if I could live in a world with a 70:30 female:male ratio. gladly.

D

deleted15807

True ... but the tradeoff is that they do it with smaller balls, fewer sperm, and littler cocks. I'd rather have my current size and potency.

Nature only cares the deed is done. :wink:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But with a smaller dick, would those numerous women take you, NIC? (I mean, what are your strengths? Be realistic.)
Ya gotta figure all the angles, acute and obtuse.:cool:

I'd be turning so many heads with my glow-in-the-dark testicles that my shrunken shriveled manhood would be inconsequential.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd take a smaller dick and an no reproductive function if I could live in a world with a 70:30 female:male ratio. gladly.
Eeekk, no thank you! Dating is hard enough as it is. :redface::confused:

But with a smaller dick, would those numerous women take you, NIC? (I mean, what are your strengths? Be realistic.)
Ya gotta figure all the angles, acute and obtuse.:cool:
Well he does have a nice car, and he's handsome enough. :wink: He tends to be chatty online which can be annoying in real life. As long as he doesn't mind women telling him to 'shut up and fuck' he may still do okay. :biggrin1::tongue:

I'd be turning so many heads with my glow-in-the-dark testicles that my shrunken shriveled manhood would be inconsequential.
I suspected Chernobyl, was at the root of this disturbing trend. :mad:

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Yes, but what if the pollutants also have some affect on the women? What if it affects their reproductive capabilities? Or makes them all lesbians? Or changes their brain chemistry so much they all want to get surgery because they want to live as men?

Just saying there might be some unforeseen side effects which prevent the men from having lots of women partners.

DeepCurve

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The imbalance is actually much more severe in China, but the other way. There was a time, not many years ago, when Chinese couples were restricted, by law, to but a single child, as part of the effort to curb overpopulation. Owing to various cultural preferences, the overwhelming majority opted for a male child. (And frequently "opting" involved aborting female fetuses or even infanticide after birth.) The end result is that in the latest generation of Chinese young people, males outnumber females by about 9:1.

Needless to say a next generation which is 90% one gender is going to cause tremendous social and economic dislocations. Perhaps all those lonely Chinese men will get together with all the lonely Russian women. :rolleyes: The Chinese government created one problem through its brutal population control crusade, and one suspects that the Soviet government contributed to the other via the Chernobyl disaster. Alas, I suspect that immigration controls will probably deter any such solution.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, but what if the pollutants also have some affect on the women? What if it affects their reproductive capabilities? Or makes them all lesbians? Or changes their brain chemistry so much they all want to get surgery because they want to live as men?

Just saying there might be some unforeseen side effects which prevent the men from having lots of women partners.

uh... yeah okay.

then we'll all join the X-Men and fly off to fight Magneto in our supersonic X-jet.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like the idea that there are fewer and fewer of us. It means that women are going to have to really lower their standards, which will make life easier for a loser like me. :)
Yea that will be good new to males in the future.:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The imbalance is actually much more severe in China, but the other way. There was a time, not many years ago, when Chinese couples were restricted, by law, to but a single child, as part of the effort to curb overpopulation. ... The end result is that in the latest generation of Chinese young people, males outnumber females by about 9:1.

Uh, ... according to Wikipedia, the gender ratio for people age 0 to 15 in China is 117 males per 100 females. Not close to a 9 to 1 ratio at all. At least some families in China are raising daughters. Anyhow, the shortage of marriageable women will affect their over population soon enough.