Is Queen Latifah next to come out?

D

deleted15807

If she does I will be surprised. Something about her comes across as very private.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I too would be surprised if she came out.

t seems that celebrites get to a certain point and then the option of coming out slides away - Jodie Foster, Kevin Spacey, Anderson Cooper for example are all considered to be in the "glass closet". Perhaps if you obtain a certain level of fame, agents and PR folk discourage coming out as it may harm your bankability. Sad, but possibly true?

A friend of mine recently e-mailed me regarding Chely Wright, the country music lady who came out "why is it always the people on the decline or those you don't really know that come out, it's never the big deals". I recall Rupert Everett saying that coming out hurt his career, but then again people like Niel Patrick Harris or Ellen can hardly claim it's held them back.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If all she can afford is a 1.4 million place in the Hollywood Hills, she's nowhere near coming out yet. She should have married up. Poor baby.

What kind of house can you get Hollywood Hills for $1.4 mil? It boggles my mind that I live in a house more expensive than a popular celebrity.

What is wrong with having a 1.4 million dollar home?
:confused: The home looks really nice to me.

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There is nothing wrong with having a 1.4 million dollar home. It's just that I live in a rural area and my home is worth a lot more than that.

I guess I envision all celebrities living in ultra expensive homes; which is probably not true.

Regardless is she/they are happy with the place, more power to them.

Media
Some of the comments made by the readers on that site are bitter and harsh.

One person called her a "fat ugly closet lesbian".

It is a shame that people need to place value and worth on such idiotic things as weight, personal appearance and sexual orientation.

1.4 million is nothing to sneeze at and is an investment for both of them.

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There is nothing wrong with having a 1.4 million dollar home. It's just that I live in a rural area and my home is worth a lot more than that.

I guess I envision all celebrities living in ultra expensive homes; which is probably not true.

Regardless is she/they are happy with the place, more power to them.

Do we know if this is her only home? I don't know the whole story, but what if QL already has one or more homes, but this is to be "their" home that they bought together? In any case, I feel like we're making a big deal about someone else's personal business. Then again, I guess that's the news media's bread and butter.

:)

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Well, maybe celebs are buying homes and businesses instead of one big real property such as a multi-million dollar estate.

I think that Queen Latifah owns a recording studio, entertainment/ media production company, restaurants, and a deli. She probably does own some other real property as well other than the home she bought with her trainer. Who knows?!

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would fuck the living daylights out of Latifah and Foster, but then again... I've always had a thing for lesbians.