Is revenge really all it's cracked up to be?

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is revenge really all it's cracked up to be?

I think we want it to be, but the reality is different.
Lets take two extremes:
Tupac "Revenge is life's sweetest joy, next to getting pussy"

Or

a song in Spanish called, Odiame. (Hate me)
The song is about a man that is asking a woman he was involved with intimately to hate him. He would rather have the feeling of hate come from her then indifferance. Because one only hates what was once loved. And he cannot bear the thought that he wasnt loved at all.

Kinda sick and twisted, but that is the way the song goes. So for her to take revenge on him would only prove to him that there is still an emotion for him. They say that there is a thin line between love and hate.

So if she really wants to take "revenge" on him, her best move is to do nothing at all and let him suffer in his own self doubt.

Its actaully a pretty song:

Odiame por piedad yo te lo pido.
hate me, for mercy's sake, I beg you
Odiame sin medida ni clemencia
hate me without measure or clemency
odio quiero mas que indiferencia,
I want hate more than indifferance
porque el rencor quiere menos que el olvido.
because a grudge hurts less than being forgotton

(coro)
Si tu me odias quedare yo convencido
If you hate me I shall be convinced
que me amaste mi bien con insistencia.
That you once loved me with an insistance
Pero ten presente deacuedo a la expericiencia
But at the present moment drawing from experiance
que tan solo se odia lo querido
One only hates what was once loved.

I guess in that line of thought my ex is trying to get revenge on me. But I won't get into in the forums.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree. I don't really want revenge. But taking solace, somehow, by him coming back to say he'd make a mistake would be karma enough for the hell he's put me through.

It really wasn't a typical break up, by any stretch. But I'd still never stoop to his level and take him back to just teach him a "lesson" etc. I'd like to think I'm not that mean/horrible. And as cruel as he has been to me, I wouldn't be cruel back.

My first BF--a handsome man of 41 years, dumped me via email for no apparent reason. He refused to answer the phone, return my emails or talk to me. I had no clue what I had possibly done to him to deserve such treatment. It remained this way until about a year ago. He sent me a note asking how we were and we corresponded very lightly. Eventually, I took the opportunity to ask him why it all went wrong. He then told me that someone told him I had cheated on him (I hadn't).

In the end, it was his loss and my gain. Because he dumped me on the word of someone who wanted nothing other than to see him single and miserable (a lie no less), I started on the path that led me to my current hubby and he is still alone (the ramification of the negative energy of dumping me via email and refusing to talk to me). I am a believer in Karma.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have to admit...part of me would be quite pleased at the notion of him admitting his mistake and to get revenge over it by rejecting him back. Somehow it would help the moving on process to know he wants me back but can't have me back...:wink:

The best way for that to happen is for you to move on and when you finally do you won't care. In my experience (if they return) they do it when you least expect it.

The energy and actions you put out all come back to you in some way, shape or form. If you get "revenge" you have exuded negative energy and will get is back at some point. I would avoid it. Karma is a bitch.

True dat.