Is Romance Dead?

KidBrown

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Damnit DC_Deep, can you make a copy of yourself that's female? Or perhaps you could make a copy of yourself, and I could somehow make a time machine, travel back into my mothers womb, and be born gay this time......haha.

Your relationship sounds fantastic my man. Keep it up !!

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
GoneA said:
and the two lived happily every after.

but the tale of GoneA's love-life is a horse of a different color. To quote from the illustrious Madame_Zora: "... i have a better chance of finding a unicorn" than finding the right person for me.

*goes hunting for unicorn*

Dammit, now I even have competition for UNICORNS. I just know you're going to find one first.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
KidBrown said:
Damnit DC_Deep, can you make a copy of yourself that's female? Or perhaps you could make a copy of yourself, and I could somehow make a time machine, travel back into my mothers womb, and be born gay this time......haha.

Your relationship sounds fantastic my man. Keep it up !!
Thanks, Kid... I hate to disappoint you, but if I or a copy of myself is going be be hetero, it will be a copy of me, male, and wearing a unicorn costume to woo the Fabulous Madame Zora.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my formative years women were seeking independance and respect that they as individuals deserve but it was confusing because many still expected to be treated like "ladies".
It is difficult to tell from one day to the next or from one woman to another if she wants you to treat her as a lady or as a person. And heaven help you if you fumble.
My preference is to treat everybody with respect whether they are men, women, children, young or old.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Love -it,

Why cant you treat a woman with courtesy and respect even if she is independent? Ideally, being treated like a lady does not mean stiffling that other person or participating in non productive game playing. But in the real world I can see that to some extent we are still in a state of flux. I think many younger women have turned into imitations of some of the worst aggressive traits men have been known for in recent years. I think the golden rule of treating others like you want to be treated cant help but serve you well.

naughty

Love-it said:
In my formative years women were seeking independance and respect that they as individuals deserve but it was confusing because many still expected to be treated like "ladies".
It is difficult to tell from one day to the next or from one woman to another if she wants you to treat her as a lady or as a person. And heaven help you if you fumble.
My preference is to treat everybody with respect whether they are men, women, children, young or old.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
Thanks, Kid... I hate to disappoint you, but if I or a copy of myself is going be be hetero, it will be a copy of me, male, and wearing a unicorn costume to woo the Fabulous Madame Zora.

Shit, can't I change into a guy instead and be gay with you? Please? Then I won't NEED a unicorn.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
madame_zora said:
Shit, can't I change into a guy instead and be gay with you? Please? Then I won't NEED a unicorn.
<slurp slurp> Either way, Madame. If you turn into a gay man, then you and me and my man can have some WILD times...

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
<slurp slurp> Either way, Madame. If you turn into a gay man, then you and me and my man can have some WILD times...

*immediately begins rough jelqing regimen in futile attempt to turn 1/2 inch into 8*

Lucky

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is a great post, in fact I've been viewing the site for several months and this one might be the most interesting I've read.

I consider myself very fortunate to have found the relationship I'm in. I found a girl that appreciates the little things in relationships that to me, build the relationship. I remember opening the car door the first time I took her anywhere, and she leaned across and unlocked mine. Not sure how many of you have seen "A Bronx Tale" but there was a part about the "door test" which is basically doing that, unlocking her door and seeing if she in turn unlocks yours. Well anyways, we have been together for over a year and she still hasn't opened the door to my car. I know she is capable, when she rides with anyone else she does open the door, but when she is with me, its a gesture to show her the "newness" isn't going to wear off this relationship, and she still thanks me nearly everytime I do it. In turn, when she is home and I get off work later than her, she has the porch light on for me, and actually opens the front door as I'm walking up, takes my lunchbox to go unpack it, and lately for some reason has had my sleep clothes laid out for me. If its raining and we are leaving the movie theatre/mall/resturant, I sometimes run and get the car so I can pull up and pick her up without having her walk in the rain. I could go on and on, but you get the point: we live our lives day to day wanting to make the other person feel good, so its not really going out of the way.

We do all sorts of little things for each other like that, and everyone that knows us said "it will all stop in 3 months", much to their surprise we now do even more for each other.

I've always been the same guy, but I think you have to be in the right situation to be this way, because its totally different than all the other relationships I've had. And we both feel this way.

Her ex had money, and was pretty sucessfull, so did my ex. I on the other hand am a starving college student working full time and going to school full time to get by, yet she said she never knew what a real relationship was before we fell in love.

We definatly found our soulmates, and after 28 years on earth I finally feel like things are "right". The little things we do, that don't cost anything, are what I can't do without.

I don't think doing all the "romantic" stuff makes a guy less manly and I think I'm a good example: I love working out, motorcycles, boxing, and I still believe sometimes there is no substitute for a good ass kicking, and I enjoy my Irish beers (every great once in a while I enjoy them too much :) ), and I do a lot of typical guy things, but I treat women, and especially my girlfriend, the way I think they deserve to be treated until they proove otherwise.

I realized one day when I was younger that there is nothing stopping any person from being who they want to be. If you want to be a dickhead and treat women bad, its easy; there are a lot of easy girls out there for weak guys to prey on. If you want to be a nice guy its also easy, and being a nice guy doesn't mean you are weak, it means you are strong enough to treat people the way you want without worrying about what society thinks.

Wow I got a little wordy for my first post, but I figured it was about time I joined the site and contributed rather that looking through the window.

AMikkell

Just Browsing
Media
I don't think romance can be considered dead, as I doubt it was ever alive.

It is simply that the rules have changed. There have always been expectations of guys, and there have always been expectations of women. These expectations are different from what they were in the past.