Is sex overrated? Or have I not had great sex yet?

Snowy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This thread made me think my first time having sex with a woman, my first relationship.
If i was to be base sex on my experiences with her alone i would probably never want to have sex again. Or at least i wouldnt be too bothered if i did again.

I had sex with her many times (i was a late starter so had to wait longer but once i did i made up for it) and made a point of learning as much as i could about her body. I luckily wasnt a 2 minute wonder so was able to last for long periods of time to learn new things, i enjoyed having sex more than i do cumming at the end.

Problem was that she was a bit of a prude in some sense and didnt have enough understanding or respect for the human body to be helpful; mine or hers. I felt like with her sex was limited, she couldnt press my buttons and didnt understand what pressed her.
I felt like she only had sex as a way to keep me on the hook. Dont understand why, maybe it was like security or just a feeling to have someone.

Somehow i knew that sex could be better with someone else.
I felt like as much as she didnt do much for me, i likewise didnt for her, maybe she didnt really find me all that attractive or i wasnt successful enough (im not an ambitious guy which her parents disapproved of. She was always striving for their approval).

I felt like we didnt make each other that happy but where together for the sake of it. It became a cycle where she wouldnt give affection and i wouldnt bother too much about her, which led to her not being affectionate with me and so on.

Still i just beleive that we werent suited for each other. Both of us could find partners that could satisfy more than we could each other, emotionally and physically.

Instead of thoughtless "listen to me posts" like Njqt seems to love making, look at the psychological and physiological aspects of sex. All it does is release hormones and other chemicals, such as serotonin, which you derive pleasure from. The physicality of sex allows for the endorphin rush, which typically everyone enjoys, and also stimulates your sympathetic nervous system. Furthermore, we are all hardwired to seek out a sexual partner and procreate, or else our race would have long ago died off.

Added all up, sex is nothing more to the mind than something that we enjoy. If you enjoy knee dragging a motorcycle on public roads in your boxers and a pair of rollerblade knee pads because of the rush, you are fulfilling one of the same aspects that sex does. Now imagine masturbating right afterwards, and you have met all the chemical/emotional aspects save for companionship. Some people wholly depend on sex because they use it as a tool to measure self worth, while others give into the folly that sex is the best thing ever. In all honesty, do what you enjoy, fuck when you want to fuck, and don't think twice about women thinking you are weird for not wanting to nail them every second. Just because our society has put women in a pseudo state of control with sex does not mean you have to give into the game.

bruce-e

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Galaxus, Just give it time, things will change once you fall in love. And then you can't wait to get close to that certain someone. I hope it happens for you. Good Luck