Is She(Hillary) a Trojan Rabbit?

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Honestly, the abilities of White House Security are what it comes down to. Think how many people hate Bush. I mean really hate him. You don't think there have been countless attempts at his life? Sure, there will probably be more people trying or more people who want to try with Obama in office. I'm not denying that, nor am I denying that there are still racists in this country. I live in the south for god's sake. But the fact that more people will want to doesn't mean there's any better of a chance for success, especially since a very slight few who talk about it will actually have the cajones to try.
And yes, intelligence has quite a bit to do with it. We're long past the days when all you need to penetrate the President's security is a room with a view and a sniper rifle.

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The best way to put her in her place is for him to just keep dodging bullets the way he is. More and more people are starting to realize that she's crazy. She's like John Kerry on crystal meth.
Hell, before I left Tennessee, the uberfeminist Hillarites at my work had gotten a lot less vocal about her candidacy. Of course, they only conceded to the idea of her being Obama's VP because "it'd just take one bullet to take that nigger out, then she'd be in charge." But still, if that's the kind of following she has, it's just even more evidence that she's batshit crazy.

Put her in her place???? What place is that?

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
That's a figure of speech. And if you read beyond that first sentence, you'd see what I meant by it. She changes her tune every other day, and Obama just kind of rolls with it. Because of that, people are starting to realize that she's crazy and more concerned with herself than with her party. It's all politics and no government.

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Chris Rock jokes about the same thing in his stand up routines. He says that he wouldn't want to be the first Black president. He'd rather be the second one because the first one would be... shot. Kinda sad in some ways to believe this, but I think everyone has this sick feeling in the back of their minds.

It was Dave Chapelle

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It was Dave Chapelle

Bingo.

Rock's bit, in reference to Colin Powell being suggested as Bob Dole's running mate, was that we'll never, ever see a black candidate for vice president...at least not while the president is white. Because some black guy would just kill the president.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
njqt466 has a valid point. Long ago, when Colin Powell was being courted to run his wife told an interviewer that she was vehemently opposed to the idea because she feared for the safety of her husband and children.
I think what will sink Obama and cause McCain to win will be the ability of the right wing to portray him as a Muslim and Arab. I've received several e-mail messages from people I consider to be fairly intelligent and they are falling for this crap! They go on to say he will not salute our flag nor will he swear on the Bible. Fundamentalist Christian churches are quietly spreading this message to their flock every week. It seems to be working

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Honestly, the abilities of White House Security are what it comes down to. Think how many people hate Bush. I mean really hate him. You don't think there have been countless attempts at his life?

This interests me, because it has always seemed to me that Bush was safer than anybody who was ever in office. I never heard about any serious attempts on his life, but it also seemed weird that it never seemed possible, that maybe he had twice the security of any previous president. I never thought about it with Bill Clinton either, though. People hating Bush is now everywhere, but it never seemed to translate into into assassination attempts. Maybe I missed all these, and would be interested to know if anybody heard of any serious rumours of such in the last 8 years. Maybe part of the security is to even suppress rumours, I don't know. This White House and all its members just seemed so ironclad, no matter what and they therefore got away with almost anything, more than Nixon or anybody else. Oh yeah, there was a helicopter into the White House, that comes back now, and that madman who was out front, but not maybe for 5 years. Of course, the PA plane was, I think, supposed to aim for the White House, 9/11. I don't know how security and presidential security policy may or may not have changed. thanks.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... Maybe I missed all these, and would be interested to know if anybody heard of any serious rumours of such in the last 8 years ...

You probably already know this but there was an attempted assassination in May 2005, although it wasn't in the continental US. A would be assassin threw a hand grenade while GW was giving a speech in Tbilisi. Apparently it fell within about 60 feet of the podium but failed to explode.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
This interests me, because it has always seemed to me that Bush was safer than anybody who was ever in office. I never heard about any serious attempts on his life, but it also seemed weird that it never seemed possible, that maybe he had twice the security of any previous president. I never thought about it with Bill Clinton either, though. People hating Bush is now everywhere, but it never seemed to translate into into assassination attempts. Maybe I missed all these, and would be interested to know if anybody heard of any serious rumours of such in the last 8 years. Maybe part of the security is to even suppress rumours, I don't know. This White House and all its members just seemed so ironclad, no matter what and they therefore got away with almost anything, more than Nixon or anybody else. Oh yeah, there was a helicopter into the White House, that comes back now, and that madman who was out front, but not maybe for 5 years. Of course, the PA plane was, I think, supposed to aim for the White House, 9/11. I don't know how security and presidential security policy may or may not have changed. thanks.

Never translated into any that people are aware of. Do you honestly think that we hear about everything that happens to or concerning the president? Unless shots are fired and heard in public in close proximity to the president, we're not going to hear about it on the news. There's no need to alarm the public, and furthermore it's a security risk to publicly release any information whatsoever on a failed attempt as that can be used to develop a better approach.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Never translated into any that people are aware of. Do you honestly think that we hear about everything that happens to or concerning the president? Unless shots are fired and heard in public in close proximity to the president, we're not going to hear about it on the news. There's no need to alarm the public, and furthermore it's a security risk to publicly release any information whatsoever on a failed attempt as that can be used to develop a better approach.

Yes, that's what I was thinking, but it hadn't occurred to me that there might be plots, whether or not very frequently, uncovered, on something of a regular basis. Not sure, though, because some would seem to be likely to get out, just as with terrorist plots as they are discovered (some of them serious, some of them not based on almost nothing at all.) It might not, of course, always be something that would be discovered before word of it was leaked to the public, according to whether a few or many conspirators were involved.