Is She Ruined?

rainfletcher: I apologize if the subject of this thread is too crass, but I have a serious question.

We all know that a woman can stretch to take us (within reason) if she's given enough time. This implies that her vagina has stretched, right?

But if she then finds herself with a smaller man, is she less sensitive to him than she would be otherwise? Or does the vagina return to it's pre-large-dick state?

I've always wondered about this. I've had a few women refuse to sleep with me based on this assumption, but I'm not sure if it's a real problem or not...

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
It just goes back into shape in time. The question is, is she ruined when she passes a baby through there?

AnonyMs: My experience is that it returns to its pre-large penis state.

blo-gasm: I'm with job on this one. I was an 11 pound, 8.5 ounce baby... one of the biggest babies born in my city that year... and though I shudder to think about it, I'm positive my mother doesn't have a gaping vagina because of it... :-X

rainfletcher: As soon as I read JonB's resopnse, I started laughing. The answer to that question was SOOO obvious. :-/

Let me try again...

Has anyone ever had that happen to them? Where a girl refuses to have intercourse for fear of it 'ruining' her?

As an intersting aside, I also once was in Dallas on business, and a waitress to whom I was getting very friendly said she wouldn't have intercourse with me because 'her boyfriend would know'. I didn't ask questions, but I assumed she meant that he'd feel the difference....

H8Monga: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=sex;num=1051565453;start=0#2 date=04/28/03 at 16:29:54]My experience is that it returns to its pre-large penis state. [/quote]

I've often wondered how long it takes. From what I've heard, it's not immediate.

sammygirly: LMAO @ that even being questioned as an excuse: Correct answer is "You have a boyfriend? Sorry, moving on"

As I've said many times before, the vagina is very elastic and except for SERIOUS trauma it will return to it's natural state. How long? Erm, I have no clue...but they make you wait 6 weeks after giving birth before you can have vaginal intercourse again....safe to say 6 weeks is long enough?

Donk: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=sex;num=1051565453;start=0#6 date=04/28/03 at 22:20:49]There are some women who use, "My boyfriend would know," as a sidestep that's more plausible than, "I have to wash my hair!"  [/quote]

Or if not more plausible, at least more flattering. :)

I agree with the posters that it is unlikely that a large penis would permanently leave a vagina stretched out, unless maybe it is over a period of many years and to the point where she is older. I think with age bodies generally are less elastic. My gf (who is not old!) has remarked that I have "ruined" her, but she may have been joking and/or talking psychologically. But she is definitely of the school that bigger is better if the guy knows how to use it (which, with all due modesty, she apparently thinks I do). And I am by far the biggest she has had.

As far as childbirth, I have read that permanent stretching is actually common. And doctors often put in a stitch known as a "husband's knot" to avoid this. (Reminds me of one sassy girl's response to the old saw that, if a baby can come out, a large penis can go in: "Yeah, but having a baby hurts!")

ORCABOMBER: Sounds all perfectly reasonable, altough the old "baby line" is still used in agony aunt articles!

two_fister: it's been my experience the the vagina does stretch after childbirth ....how can it not?

I've been with 3 women that have had childern and I could definetly tell the difference...thats' not to say that this happens to all women.

vikingstone: I've spoken to a couple of moms who have said that things were a bit looser (not gals I've had a sexual relationship with). It's not like they went from having a pea sized aperture to being able to pass a cantalope with a yawn or anything, but they said it was noticeable.

Both my ex and my wife have used the "ruined" line but I know they were speaking from a psychological point of view, as DMW mentioned. And stroking my fragile male ego at the same time... ;)

AnonyMs: [quote author=Donk link=board=sex;num=1051565453;start=0#8 date=04/29/03 at 06:07:15] And doctors often put in a stitch known as a "husband's knot" to avoid this. [/quote]From what I know, the "husband's knot" is used in the event of tearing or an episiotomy.  I do not know of any women who have given birth without one of those two factors whose doctor "did her husband a favor".   But I could be mistaken and it may happen all the time...  but I would be surprised.  

sammygirly: Yeah, I think this is a "husband's tale". Women ARE stitched up after childbirth - but it's not to make them tighter that I'm aware of, only to repair damage.

Steve26: Rainfletcher -- My wife and I have been having sex for nine years, since we were in college. She's always been fairly tight for me, and I honestly don't think she has "stretched out" at all despite the hundreds if not thousands of times we've had sex. We still need lots of lube or foreplay for me to fit comfortably inside her. So I would say no, a woman isn't likely to be "ruined" or stretched permanently by a large penis.

Steve ;)

thefrench_h: An ex told me the guy after me was rather "loose" but I think that most of it was psychological...

And do not forget that hormones help a lot for the baby birth !

cinnimoneyes: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=sex;num=1051565453;start=0#13 date=05/01/03 at 05:36:32]Yeah, I think this is a "husband's tale". Women ARE stitched up after childbirth - but it's not to make them tighter that I'm aware of, only to repair damage.[/quote]

Hello, :) I am new to this site and I wanted to uh, rebuttle.

The doctor "husbands knot"-ed my mom after she birthed a 5.8 lb baby in 1978. Now my little brother wasn't that big, but he was too big for her. I don't know how many degrees she tore but there was nerve damage and her leg went "dead" (charlie horse not gang green) so she had to have torn more than three degrees.

My doctor "husbands knot"-ed on me after I birthed my first son 5.15lbs he had to I tore three degrees.
It was also done after my 2nd child 6.5 lb - this was 2001- I only tore one degree with him but the doctor did it anyway.

My husband and I noticed a difference after our first son because sex was a bit uncomfortable whereas it was a breeze prior to birth.

I put the weight to show that non of the babies where on the smaller side of average yet the knot was tied anyway.

So, no "tale". I was "knotted", my mother was knotted", hell after ten kids, i hope my grandmother was "knotted". ;) lol

prepky: cinnimoneyes, is your husband a "large" man, and why was it different after the child birth???

sammygirly: Hey Cinn -

I was not disputing the "existence" of the stitching....we all know it's a necessary evil after childbirth. My point was that it is not "merely" to make the vaginal entrance smaller for the husband's enjoyment....

It's to repair damage as you've stated - tearing, etc. ;D

spd: My ex wife and I were married for about 15 years. She was a thin small woman, she could barely acomodate me but that kinda made it more fun. At first we could only have sex one time, when I pulled out she swelled up so much I couldn't get it back in. I'd been with tight women before but this was unique. I thought this would change as time went on because of previous women that I'd had long term relationships with had gotten broken in so to speak. She never did completely, at first it would take a week before we could comfortably have sex again, after about a year it would take a couple of days. We had a child and I thought this would help things, it didn't but we could have sex every night. Only one time in our marriage did we have it more than once in a night and that was one of those unforgetable times. Don't get the wrong impression, sex was great, we just had to work within the limits. It was the my girth, 6 3/4 , and hardness that caused the problem.