is showing a bulge bad?

topman29

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Im wondering why society lookes up on acceptence for women to enhance there breasts and show them off in skimpy clothing when they go on a night out on the town, apparently its to look attractive to the oppersite sex

in contrast, men nowadays all seem to ware loose clothing baggy jeans and so many guys seem to go out of there way to hide the bulge, and if a man was to be seen waring tight jeans etc showing a bulge, they would be looked upon with dissaproving eyes by most women and str8 men.

gay men seem to like seeing a guy in tight jeans but from my observation, gay men seem to be mostly all so into the latest fashon (under 30's) and ware thows baggy hide everything jeans too.

And whats Levis playing at with the crazy new jeans they call "anti fit" so far its all guys in the commercials, try giving a woman a pair to go out in!

back in the 60's, 70's and 80's, tight jeans were all in fashon and guys never minded showing a bulge,so whats happened? why are men so imbarresed to show a bulge today, they never used to be.

being that im gay i personally find it a great turn on, but what do you women think?

sta8 men get turned on by seeing women with big boobs, (do gay women get turned on too?)

lets hear your views on that one.

Mighty Joe

Experimental Member
Media
As a gay man who notices ( :blink: ) I remember in the late 80's - early 90's many guys didn't mind showing their bulge. I don't think it's an underwear thing now - when I was growing up most everyone in my age group wore "tighty whities". Now it's boxers which you would think makes a more appealing and noticeable package.

steve_w: Part of it is probably the baggy boxers and stuff guys now wear. Guys nowadays tend to dress more for comfort more than appearance. I think a big part of the whole guy fashion thing is the fact that men are the primary fashion designers. Heterosexual fashion designers and marketers are going to tend to market wares that they would like to see women in, and other men in. The result? Well, we see a lot of attractive women wearing clothing that accenuates their bodies. OTOH, men get sloppy, baggy clothing that does not stand out. As a heterosexual male, we tend to not want "competition" and another male wearing drap, unpretensious clothing is not deemed as a threat in the "competention" to find a female. OTOH, homosexual men tend to like other men that stand out

Most men tend to be comforminsts...look at the typical "businesswear" suit & tie that while not a uniform, can be called a uniform because so many men wear the same thing.

The most unusual thing about the entire mix is what WOMEN want. Women tend to like "ordinary" men more than those that are a little unconventional in their appearance and life. For instance, given the choice between a long-haired guy that lives on a boat and sails it to the caribbean to make a living playing music, and and a man with short hair, wears a suit, and works an office job, the woman will amost as always prefer the man with the conventional office job. and the conventional appearance. Part of this I guess reflects in clothing style that men pick out. They don't want to stand out becasue they know woment don't go for guys that stand out. Another odd thing is that while hetersexual men typically go for scantily clad women, the exact opposite is NOT true. Women prefer men to wear boxer style swim trunks, versus speedos, and the same holds true for any other revealing clothing a guy could get into.

...Those are just a few of my theories on the matter. I wish it wasn't like this, I am an unconventional guy that wears unconventional clothing, I don't follow the suit & tie, SUV driving, suburban hose living crowd....and guess what, I'm still single! I don't want to change, because the woman that finds me will need to respect and enjoy my uniqueness, instead of trying to change me. I guess it could be my inner "female" trying to get out, since us hetersexual guys tend to gravitate towards women that stand out with flamboyant, unique clothing, hairstyles, and other features.

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bulges are natural and that is a fact.
Hiding one would be similar to a women strapping her chest so her breasts didnt show. Does this make sense?
I think it comes down to discretion. Acceptable and pleasurable to see breast and bulge outlines however the degree/extent I think relates very specifically to the situation or environment.
In business neither should predominate. No breast flaunting nor compressed bulges. Otherwise they should be accentuated in keeping with the occasion but in perspective. Dress accordingly but dont hide what you got.
By this I mean if someone was to meet you it would be nice to be remembered as the tall/short, witty, skinny/solid guy that seemed to be packing than the guy that looked like he had a sock in his pants unless you feel that your bulge is your only asset.
When someone talks with you their focus should not be drawn on breasts or bulge.

Sorry if this sounds like Miss Manners

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
The only man I know of who can get away with showing a bulge, even in front of a family with children, is a ballet dancer. :p

longbaugh

Just Browsing
Media
Since I really dont have much of a choice in the matter, I let people deal with their own problems. I pretty much alyways sport a bulge.

InsertHere

Experimental Member
Media
This is probably partially because I'm conditioned by current fashion trends, but I think part of the reason that men don't show off their bodies as much is because they're just not as attractive. Even a hot guy isn't as pleasing to the eye - in an aesthetic sense - as most girls. I think the attraction is mostly a mental thing. This is coming from a straight girl.

Some girls do bind their breasts, and there are also bras for reducing size. Large-breasted women I know are very self-conscious about this, but as you guys sporting a big package know from experience, there's not much to be done.

That said, I don't particularly like really tight jeans, but I appreciate a nice bulge when it goes along with a reasonably good fashion sense (good not necessarily meaning conventional. Some of us like unique guys, steve_w).

And don't forget, you guys get to go around without shirts. You want to talk about inequality...

monstro:
Originally posted by InsertHere@Sep 28 2004, 09:49 PM
This is probably partially because I'm conditioned by current fashion trends, but I think part of the reason that men don't show off their bodies as much is because they're just not as attractive. Even a hot guy isn't as pleasing to the eye - in an aesthetic sense - as most girls. I think the attraction is mostly a mental thing. This is coming from a straight girl.

Some girls do bind their breasts, and there are also bras for reducing size. Large-breasted women I know are very self-conscious about this, but as you guys sporting a big package know from experience, there's not much to be done.

That said, I don't particularly like really tight jeans, but I appreciate a nice bulge when it goes along with a reasonably good fashion sense (good not necessarily meaning conventional. Some of us like unique guys, steve_w).

And don't forget, you guys get to go around without shirts. You want to talk about inequality...
[post=257758]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I pretty much agree with Insert. Seems to me, that as mammals most of us have a natural draw to the female breast, and find it inherently attractive, no matter what our sexual orientation. It's just human psychology. We were all, gay, straight, bi, or asexual, infants once. (I'd be interested in hearing what my gay male friends think about this. I had a gay friend once tell me that he found female breasts abhorrent, but I'm unsure if he was representative or not.)

Whereas it seems if a guy is sporting a big bulge, say in the office, his place of worship (unless he's a Priest of a pagan fertility cult), or picking up some groceries, he could be perceived as being sexually aggressive, no matter what his intent.

As for the binding of breasts, I used to date a girl who wore one of those minimizer bras. I thought she was flat-chested when I asked her out. I had a big surprise when she took off her shirt, though!

She got a big surprise too, though :lol:

raj

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It should be noted that this baggy pants/shirt fashion trend for men is mostly a recent American trend. If you visit Europe and Latin America, men are wearing tighter clothes. I suspect the baggy look is an affect of our prudish country.
As a 40-something, I do remember a time when it was cool to wear tight jeans going out to the club to attrack women. I too am unclear when the shift to baggy changed (other the the hip-hop fashion trend).

I find it wierd seeing all those music videos with women in tight fashions and the guys in the most baggy clothes they could find. What's the attaction for the ladies. Guys work out a lot but then don't want to show it off. If you do, (especially wearing tight enough jeans that show your package) people think you're gay! I do belive in comfort but I do like to wear pants that women can look at me as a man with something to show. This isn't the same as having my dick laid out flat against my thigh like an exhibitionist!

lighthouse: Low-rise pants always show a bigger bulge. The rise is the distance between the seam of the crotch and the waistband. Pants cut this way are much more common in Europe than in the US. Pants cut long in the rise have lots of room underneath for stuff to hang down and not show. This probably comes from American puritanism - no secondary sexual characteristics visible. The one exception in the US are Levis 501s, a perennial favorite, for an obvious reason.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by longbaugh@Sep 30 2004, 08:01 AM
If showing a bulge is wrong, I dont wanna be right
[post=257905]Quoted post[/post]​

Your avatar reveals the body and cock for showing the bulge, buddy. Since you're got it, flaunt it, longbaugh, while I look!

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Wait. . . . Heterosexual fashion designers?

Seriously, part of the problem's the double standard in the heterosexual dating scene. It's all about women looking attractive for men. I personally think this is why so many aging heterosexual men regularly defy the laws of physics when gravity overrides their magnetism. LOL

As for secondary sex characteristics, I had no idea men couldn't have beards.

D

deleted111

I show a bulge almost all the time if not always. Sometimes it has caused me problem but what the hell am I supposed to do about it? Hide it so that I am uncomfortable just to save some random person or friend the situation of having to see the outline of it in my pants. I dont think so....

There have been a few situations where I have almost had harassment charges placed against me but they were circumstancial because no advance was made by me nor was I even aware they were watching me.

What is a guy supposed to do when he is very huge soft? Be embarassed and change his lifestyle to suit others? Fuck that noise.

Nate

onedragon

Experimental Member
Media
I do not buy my cloths to show off anything but I do show. I must show alot since I just found out at wirk that the ladies have been very observant and really have alot of discusions about just what I have in my jeans. I will never own a pair of those wanabe prison jeans that are on the racks now. They are just bad looking. I do not have a pair of 501's now but I used to and I did notice that they do show you off quite well, my old girlfriend couldn't keep her hands off of me when I had them on. onedragon

Mr.Stout

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I do understand that if you have it you can't hide it very well and it even can cause more anxiety because you feel like your in hiding not just hiding it. As I have said before I am a High School Teacher and have to be very careful about what I do and do not show. I have many different pants that fit differently and depending on the day I sometime wear my shirt out to cover up some of the obviousness of it. I also have various straps to help but this just pushes it out instead of letting it down. One day last week in fact I was wearing one and did not have my shirt out and unfortunately while I teach I get very animated and move around alot and jump and all sorts of activity and well IT slipped out and was hanging down all the way! I am around 8 x 6 soft and even in my baggy black khakis it was prominently showing off for my chem I class (the one with 19 in it and only 4 boys) Then I suddenly realized that many of the students weren't taking notes or even just following what I was saying they were following the long bulge going down my left leg and terminating at a nice tight impression of the head, very visibly out for all to see! Well luckily I have a nice large counter in the front of the room that I could hide behind untill I could fix it!
So for me I have to be discrete. But even when I am at home or even like at the store I still have a hard time just letting it hang because there is no pants in the world that I would be caught dead in that could ever fully cover it up.
GE

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by InsertHere@Sep 28 2004, 10:49 PM
[post=257758]Quoted post[/post]​

As to the aesthetic appeal of hot guys vs hot girls, I suppose for any of us, whatever our sexuality, it is hard to judge. Having fathered 2 boys and 1 girl and been used to the conversations of both with their mates (when they think I am not listening) there is no question in my mind that boys/male film stars/pop idols/sportsmen and their aesthetic appeal (often described and assessed in some detail) loom far larger in the minds of adolescent girls than would be the case vice versa with boys.

In any case I don't think in most societies at most stages of human history this view would hold up. I would say that men are overall by nature far more given to display and showing off and being the centre of attention than women ... they may do it in different ways in different places, sometimes by actions and manner more than attention to the appearance. But in plenty of societies it very much includes the latter as well, and this can include a whole lot of emphasis on the genitals: cod pieces, penis sheaths, etc. It is natural for the male to be the peacock male: how he fills this role varies a lot, of course.

So far as the bulge is concerned, most of us here will show whether we like it or not. Like Mr Stout I wear straps for comfort — if they support you well they will hold you out and up and you can't avoid bulging. Up to your tailor to try to keep you modest. The thing to avoid at all costs IMHO is other people being able to gauge your level of sexual arousal. ;)

musclelust8: I miss the 1980s when men could wear tight 501 levis and show off their package. In college, i got my nickname (slongboy) only because of my jeans -- i never actually showed a fellow buddy my piece. I assume the girls i dated talked, but the jeans gave me the name.