Is stamina decrease normal?

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am 28. I had tons of stamina for many, many things when I was about 22 but noticed it started going downhill quickly at maybe 25. That's not normal is it?

I'm considering giving a ring to a doctor to see if it's something worth worrying about whether physical or mental. It's been a slow decline but it's a game of chicken and egg. Now I'm getting frustrated which makes me not want to bother and not wanting to bother is lowering the endurance itself, much like exercising anything else, etc.

._. I must find the root cause, fix it, and regain all my stamina! Or I will die.

Black_Frost

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sadly, yes. As one gets older, one tends to lose some stamina.

That said, what you describe (such a rapid decline over such a short period) may not be simply due to getting a couple of years older. A physical might very well be a good idea here.

Definitely check with the doc, have you T levels checked if he recommends it. But honestly I would say give yourself a little time first.

You shouldn't assume because you occasionally miss a couple steps that you're on some kind of downward death spiral. I found my peak years where I was in my best shape to be between 24 and probably 32. Before 24 I still didn't have all of my muscle mass and after 32 I actually started to get worn down a little bit. trust me kids, job and all the other external factors also impact your well being.

Luckily in spite of all the decline in my overall physical state from mileage, my drive, libido and staying power pretty much maintained the same levels from my 20's through my late 40's.

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
Everyone is time's bitch. That's why you don't see hordes of 90yr old men in world championships in high intensity sports. Especially contact sports.

Go see your doctor. The doctor is going to more likely than not going to give you superior advice compared to what you get here as far as the steps you should be taking.