Is Testosterone Level Of 12.4 Low?

Blade5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi guys

Had my testosterone measured and this is the result. Is this low? I'm trying to get an answer from the urologist but he has not come back to me.

I am 33, not diabetic, slim, if that helps add context.

D

deleted1352496

12.4 is ridiculously low - like dangerous low. My guess is you either have the number wrong or it is a different test than what I am used to.
In the normal testosterone test, normal range is 300-1000 ng/dl.
There is another test with a range of “free testosterone “ with a range of 47-244 and since that is closer to your range that may be what they are testing. Either way I’d say you sound low but since the drug is a controlled substance you will have to see the doc for the scrip. They will also test you every six months to make sure you other labs don’t get out of whack while on the treatment.
Your PCP should also be able to prescribe.

Good luck.

Reactions: Gj816

trjnhrs9

Expert Member
Media
The physician I see for testosterone replacement therapy uses a lab whose range for free testosterone went from 0 to 50. Mine was 7.2. Extremely low. He wanted to get it between 25 and 35, which we have done. My overall testosterone, when last checked, was over 1500. Way too high. So he lowered my dose. Next test is coming up soon. Hopefully the overall has dropped.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Due to concerns over potential ED.

There are different ranges for sure. I am not sure what range this is. Find out the normal range if you can and report back to us. Free testosterone is the most accurate test for a man's overall well-being.

Younger men can get low T. Checking your Free T as adult male is never a bad happen, even when under 40.

Grape seed extract is great for rapidly increasing testosterone.

Best of luck, and do not fret. All will be well.:)

SmallDguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can low T lead to decreased size when erect? I feel like if I don't jack off for a couple of weeks which is rare I get super hard and look decent hard. I feel like I should be getting rock hard all the time at my age.

alanhol

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm guessing you're from the UK. The testosterone is measured in nmol/L. A "normal" range is about 12 to 30. The timing of the testosterone blood test is important. It should be measured on a morning blood test (ideally before 10am) and ideally a fasting blood test. Testosterone is known to dip in the afternoon based on the body's normal body clock, so you shouldn't rely on an afternoon reading. A testosterone of < 8 is definitely classed as deficient and between 8 to 12 is classed as borderline needing a repeat. Hope that helps a little

Blade5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks alanhol, that is what I was looking for.

Yes from UK. I had to chase the hospital for results and cc'd my urologist, who never came back to me (still waiting). It was a fasting blood test.

So 12.4 is right at the bottom of the normal range so it is low? What's the normal value? 20 perhaps?

Thanks

alanhol

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A little bit on the low side but not technically abnormal. If it was me I would ask for it to be repeated in the first instance together with an LH and FSH and prolactin (all hormones that control testosterone production) . You should also ask them to check your sex hormone binding globulin (another protein the controls free testosterone.) on the NHS they don't tend to measure free testosterone but it can be calculated by using the total testosterone and the sex hormone binding globulin (the results can be put into an online calculator to give you the free testosterone)

Blade5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks, I'll ask the urologist what next. The only symptom I've noticed is the problem in getting erections when in a sexual situation, and no morning erections (sometimes even when I have a strong need to urinate I don't get them).

diver6

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
For me my levels dropped too almost nothing, I felt really tired and weak but still could get hard in seconds. I had a lot of other symptoms that lead to the test for me. I've been on "T" shoots for 7 years and feel great. They keep my levels about mid range for my age. Sorry don't remember the numbers but they are probably different for the UK.