Is That Flirtatious?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by bek2335, Nov 20, 2009.

1. bek2335

bek2335 New Member

Just wondering what people here think: Is staring at someone's mouth while he or she is speaking considered flirtatious? Sometimes when a person I find attractive is talking I want to stare at his or her mouth. When someone does that to me, and I have ruled out that I have food on my lips or spinach stuck in my teeth :biggrin1: , it feels like a subtle come-on.
    Any thoughts?

2. heist

heist New Member

Albums:
    Ooh, I find myself doing that a lot, too. I'm not sure I necessarily do it out of attraction, though -- I just find some people's lips fascinating.

3. korinaus

korinaus New Member

Yes for me! When I am with an attractive girl, I am inclined to look at her lips while she speaking. I find myself a beautiful lady's moving lips very sexual. Sometimes, while watching it so, I can't help but fancy how would it be like putting my thing into her lips, it is fit enough? or how would she handle mine?... these kind of dirty thoughts. Sorry if I am being too pervert but I am always honest here. Actually, I think I did it once just for today.

#3 korinaus, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  4. bek2335

bek2335 New Member

korinaus, you're not being a pervert. That's what this forum is for - to talk about this stuff. Thanks for your honest reply.

5. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Most any form of concentrated attention is kinda flirty; I think it all depends on the context.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

I agree, barring lipstick on my teeth or food remnants, it's a come on.
    :yup:

7. bek2335

bek2335 New Member

Yes, of course, Bbucko. If you're on a date, in an intimate situation - it's an almost definite come-on. If you're wading through a landfill with someone looking for a lost item- maybe not so much, right? I was actually thinking about situations where you're alone with someone, having a quiet talk, and one person is looking at the other's mouth more than once and with more than a casual glance. I have had it done to me, and I have the urge sometimes to do it someone else - especially since I find nice mouths and teeth to be a major turn-on.

#7 bek2335, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  8. bek2335

bek2335 New Member

njqt, I think I feel that it is. At least if I do it to someone else, that's my motive. Otherwise I'm careful not to do it, because to me it feels pretty forward.

9. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    In my family there were a few deaf people 2 generations back...in turn, most everyone in the family has some lip reading ability just because the process of reading, speaking etc was (mirrored) I guess from generation to generation. I think some people watch lips in speech as part of reading the other person. Never thought of this action, of in itself, sexual. interesting

10. bek2335

bek2335 New Member

That's certainly a new angle on it, CUBE.

Draft saved Draft deleted