Is the advice from young people taking serious?

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Hy guys and gals, me again.

I was wondering about this question the last few days. Do you take our (people with age 18 - 21) advice serious when we give them in some threads? Or do you just think that we are too young to give a proper advice about that, because we don't have that much life experience like more older guys. Do you think that we are mature enough to handle some of this threads?
Just curious, I like to be taken serious when I answer a serious question, just like everyone else that want to be taken serious when they answer.
I will not say that I don't make and appreciate stupid, fun threads too, just like my last one at 'celebrity endowments' (sorry guys who believed me with that, just think about my purpose).

Ciao

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I strongly believe that at times younger people have given better advice than older people. It also depends on the question. I also beleive that geography plays a part of maturity. If you are born in a very small isolated town, your expereinces MAY difer from those in a large city. Your upbringing also plays a part of maturity. I welcome all advice from young or older. Older does not always mean wiser.

I have met some older people who are incredibly immature and childish. And I have met some younger folks who are incredibly mature and wise.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Some people immediately write off anything a young person says. Sometimes I have to write off ignorant, misinformed, ridiculous things older people say.

The number of years you've been alive has nothing to do with how mature/intelligent you are. There are 15 year olds attending college early, there are 50 year olds who still need to put their hand on the stove to know it's hot, and they've been putting their hand on the stove for decades.

Last edited:

dspann

Experimental Member
Media
I am mostly amused by the advice given by people in your age bracket, but I keep reading and try to keep an open mind. Sometimes I find the advice enlightening. Depends, I guess, on the subject and quality of advice. (I would be surprised if younger posters didn't feel the same about advice a 40-something gives from time to time.)

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Advice is just that. Collectively it helps make a decision. Different points of view provide wider options. Advice coming from different ends of the age continuum takes into account differences in mind sets.
I appreciate advice from younger people because it is often unfettered by the constraints that having travelled more years produces.
You dont have to have lived through a situation to have ideas so keep em coming.

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I generally don't even pay much attention to the ages of the posters. The only exception is if something strikes me as immature in the post. If the poster is young, I tend to cut him some slack.

I see no reason why a young person's advice shouldn't be taken seriously.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good thread.

Age has nothing to do with maturity. Some of the most immature people I know are older than me.

I take advice at face value. Heck, even my kids have a better take on some situations than I do.