Is the boss fooling around?

rrkrd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Our boss is a married man with an attractive wife and 2 sweet kids age 4 and 8.He is 37y, a very good looking man; works out and judging by his bulge, he appears to be very hung.
He has a very close buddy who is 36 drop dead gorgeous, tall,masculine, muscular and appears to also be hung. This buddy has never been in a relationship with a woman until the past 10 months....and she says while its nice...it probably wont last. He sometimes comes to the office but usually the office door is closed
They have always been buddies, but people who have been at the firm for 15-20yrs think there is something going on. The boss is constantly away from work (often friday to tues) and often when his personal secretary asks where he can be reached, he says its personal.
His wife must be suspicious, she calls work often to see if he is there.The buddies girl friend told our secretery the guys like to go up north fishing.
His wife says her husband goes to a lot of conventions Once a year he takes the family to Florida for 3 weeks. When the boss is back to work on mostly Wednesdays and Thursdays, hes often suffering with a head ache or flu like symptoms.
His secretery asked the boss s wife where he goes fishing. She replied that he doesnt like fishing!
Only recently are people at work starting to talk among themselves. While no one out and says it , its implied that the 2 men must have something on the go. We all like our jobs and as a small company we practically run it whether hes there or not.
We feel sorry for his wife and kids but its not up to us to squeal.
Have you ever been in a situation like this? Do you think the men have something on the go?

actioncfc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I lost my job recently due to this. My boss seemed to be having an affair with a young female employee. In order to stop people from talking he made an example out of me. Not because I really new anything or not because i was talking about. I was the example because I wa a subcontractor and with almost no legal recourse. My clients were so upset with him most walked away from to another competitior just to spite him. He has a horrible repuation in our field anyway. I just found another good job, but I am relocating 12 hours away. Anyone from Southern Mississippi???

thkbeercan

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
maybe they are 'buddies', maybe they do go 'fishing'. maybe they go fishing for other women and indulge in 3-ways, 4-ways, etc. who knows? who cares?
you say you feel sorry for the boss's wife and children..is that because of the length of his absences? would your concern be as great if he were not paying his income taxes and jeopardizing their financial future? would your concern be as great if you were talking about a man who might be of small endowment, travels with others and is away from his family?
i used to own a business and traveled 25-30% of the time and no one (in 20 years) ever expressed surprise, concern or sorrow about the time i was not with my family...as a business owner sometimes i needed to travel and sometimes i didn't need to. sometimes i had fun on the road, sometimes i visited with out of state relatives and friends, sometimes i went to football games, sometimes i had great meals and saw wonderful places, sometimes i fooled around (SHOCK!...a grown man having sex while on a business trip!!)
the bottom line is that when it comes to fellow employee's sex lives, as long as they are adults and the sex is not occurring in front of other employees, it is nobody's business.
when 'concern' turns to 'being nosy', employees are walking on thin ice when their boss is the object of such 'concern'.
i know of some 'concerned' workers who ended up in the unemployment line because they spent too much time 'wondering' (aloud with other employees) about stuff that had nothing to do with the business.
apparently (from what you say) that there are certain facts about this situation that are don't seem to be fully known by the employees and the significant others of these men.
this is the case is many matters in people's private lives.
let sleeping dogs lie, don't rock the boat and MYOB!

Last edited:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
has a close buddy..drop dead gorgeous...
Only recently are people at work starting to talk among themselves. While no one out and says it , its implied that the 2 men must have something on the go. We all like our jobs and as a small company we practically run it whether hes there or not.
We feel sorry for his wife and kids but its not up to us to squeal.
Have you ever been in a situation like this? Do you think the men have something on the go?

As long as he acts professionally by informing the staff of his absences beforehand, I don't see the absences as problematic in a company which still functions well without him. What I see here is just idle speculation and gossip, which needs to stop. Until there is evidence to the contrary, there is nothing to squeal about.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it's natural to be curious, but I wouldn't say anything about it either, unless you don't value your job and you aren't concerned about everyone else's job.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would:

1. Stop worrying about what my boss does in his/her free time. It's no one's business if he is fucking someone else at work.

2. Stop gossiping with others at work (if they are gossiping with you, they will gossip ABOUT you).

3. Continue to be the best employee ever.

In that order.

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I twice worked at a companies where the founder/boss had an affair going with one of his employees. In both cases, she got promoted despite every thinking her incompetent. In both cases, the wife said "Either she goes or I go." Boss seeing how a divorce would cost him half his wealth, quietly got rid of the other woman.

In both cases, the boss was an asshole who bullied people and treated them like shit. Nobody respected either man - and not just because of the affairs or the asshole behavior. People just ended up quitting and going off to better jobs.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would:

1. Stop worrying about what my boss does in his/her free time. It's no one's business if he is fucking someone else at work.

2. Stop gossiping with others at work (if they are gossiping with you, they will gossip ABOUT you).

In that order.

well stated LEX

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I would:

In that order.

well stated LEX
Agreed. What are you the company gossip. STFU and do your job.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
if he's the top manager or owner, he can do what he wants until the State Labor Commissioner or the EEOC knocks on the door. a lower manager is always at risk of being caught by his boss who woesn't like it.

worst case is the manager playing with the top manager's babe. happened once where I worked.

salthebb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lex said it best. Noboby's business. Do your job and ignore the gossip. Everyone at work gossips. They tell me and I tell no one. In other words, as long as you get paid every payday, your boss has fulfilled his obligation to you and his is life is just that, his life.

LouisianaCuck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I know I will get responses about fantasies, but I do know for sure that one of my bosses was fooling around because he was one of my wife's "friends" for a while. But, he was my boss before he started fooling around with her and I did not benefit from it.

piratebulldog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Another one for the fantasy section. The OP stated that the boss was 37 and the folks that had been around for 15-20 years were gossiping about him. When did he start this company? As a senior in high school? The OP had far too much detailed information that would be known to anyone unless they were a private investigator.

Odd post.

rrkrd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Note: The company has been owned by 3 direct generations of the same family. I started there as a teen part time working for the current boss' dad......Just to clarify things