Is The Word Faggot Funny?

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nope, never funny...especially when trash machos put 'fukkin' in front of it!:mad::mad: Always makes me fantasize about pulling a gun out and shooting them between the eyes. Every gay man knows it signals some kind of danger.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Words are meaningless without intent and context. With that said, there's a default level of societal conduct that people have adhered to over time. When you're around a bunch of strangers you have absolutely no idea what words or actions will set them off. Out of consideration and everyday politeness most people choose not to say these words.

However, in private those rules tend to change. My closest friends can use colorful words in front of me and I know they don't mean any harm. That's because they are my friends and I allow them more freedoms in my world than I would let any stranger on the street.

You will never be able to say words like "faggot", "n***er" or whatever in public and around people you don't know and not be looked at funny. Get used to that.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
See and as with the use of the N word by black people there are plenty of funny uses to which we gays put words like Faggot.

I get what you mean though, in mixed company the interpretation of words like Faggot can be variable. Some gay people don't like it fullstop, no matter who's using it or how. To use it you either have to not care about how people will take it or know exactly how they will take it.
^ What he said. (emphasis added) There are situations where the use of words like that 'in house' are fine, imo, particularly when used for humor or emphasis among an understanding audience - an 'in group'. The problem is when people think that gives them permission to use the word in another context, e.g. when white people justify using the word 'n*gger' by saying, "well, you hear black people call each other that all the time". :no:

Me too Hil', and having a fag after with a brew finishes the evening so nicely. ;)
There you go again Tard, passing around the fags. :biggrin2:

Last edited:

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
No, calling a Gay man a faggot is like calling a Black man a Nigger, a Latino a Wetback, an Italian a Spic, an Irishman a Mick, etc. It is an epithet that is VERY offensive to me.

I would find it funny if someone called me, who is Italian, a "Spic", because that's not one of the racial epithets attributed to us. Guinea, Dago, WOP, those are names I find offensive.

dannyrankin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It's all in the context!

If a friend called me a McFaggot, it would be funny. If some random dude called me something like that and was mean-spirited... Well, I might just hafta take care of that mahfucka. (I honestly might laugh first, though.)

In those two cases, I think the word ("faggot" or "McFaggot" or whatever) has two completely different meanings. And I really can't stand when people get hung up on words and ignore the context.

Bitch, ho, nigger, spic, faggot, midget, context, context, grow a fucking pair.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I would say that faggot is a word.

It can't do any real harm.

I've been called a faggot my entire life.

Anyway, it's a word and I suppose it can be as funny as any other word there is-- I don't find faggot or cunt funny or amusing at all though.

I just dislike them and think less of people for using those words.

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't believe in "bad" words. I think by giving them power you are doing yourself any favors, just giving others ammo. Context is everything, some of the most hurtful things ever said to me contained no bad words, but call me a stupid wop whore and I would laugh. That's all you got? Generic insults?