Is there a psychologist in the room?

lamplight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
And if so, what are you thoughts on the view of size on this site, and in the western world in general?

Shrinks everywhere, show yourselves!

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There's no psychologist in the room, but certainly enough patients to have a field day

lamplight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There's no psychologist in the room, but certainly enough patients to have a field day

Haha... Yeah, let's just say I didn't have great hopes that this thread would take off.

"Excuse me sir, would you mind considering whether or not you obsession that you fill most of your days yapping on about is a disorder?"

Nah, didn't think so...

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
An LPSG member enters the psychologist's office wearing only cellophane wrap.

The Dr. says, "I can clearly see your nuts."

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If there's anybody on this site who's certifiable it has nothing to do with penises. There are some tremendous arseholes (yes, that's my official terminology coming out there) in threads-that-will-not-be-named-lest-this-becomes-one-of-them who like telling each other that their cocks are revolting. If you ask me that's a symptom of "body fascism" just like the eating disorders and body dismorphic disorder. We create prescriptions for how humans should look and when someone falls outside of that we punish them. Flat-chested women are unattractive. Men with small dicks are useless in bed. We focus on one aspect of the body and ignore the beauty and usefulness (most women I know would choose a nimble tongue over a large penis) of the rest of the body.

Also, in my professional opinion, this isn't really a "large penis support group". To wit: Most people on this site do not have large penises; further, support is often lacking when it is needed most.

That being said, the fact that this site is about cocks brings out a lot of levity and openness as we're normally not supposed to talk about frenula, dping, or size. It makes this visiting the site positively-reinforcing in two regards. First, it's fun to talk about tabboo topics. Also, anything connected to sex is inherently positively reinforcing (unless you're some crazy religious arsehole (again, my professional opinion using completely legit terminology)).

lamplight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If there's anybody on this site who's certifiable it has nothing to do with penises. There are some tremendous arseholes (yes, that's my official terminology coming out there) in threads-that-will-not-be-named-lest-this-becomes-one-of-them who like telling each other that their cocks are revolting. If you ask me that's a symptom of "body fascism" just like the eating disorders and body dismorphic disorder. We create prescriptions for how humans should look and when someone falls outside of that we punish them. Flat-chested women are unattractive. Men with small dicks are useless in bed. We focus on one aspect of the body and ignore the beauty and usefulness (most women I know would choose a nimble tongue over a large penis) of the rest of the body.

Also, in my professional opinion, this isn't really a "large penis support group". To wit: Most people on this site do not have large penises; further, support is often lacking when it is needed most.

That being said, the fact that this site is about cocks brings out a lot of levity and openness as we're normally not supposed to talk about frenula, dping, or size. It makes this visiting the site positively-reinforcing in two regards. First, it's fun to talk about tabboo topics. Also, anything connected to sex is inherently positively reinforcing (unless you're some crazy religious arsehole (again, my professional opinion using completely legit terminology)).

Jupp, this is true, and I guess just being able to state a preference to something, like big cocks, without people attacking you every which way is a good thing.

That being said, this site does attract a lot of people... Big penis or not. Big penis lover or not. There is something stigmatic about having a small cock, and in my opinion, this site does little to nothing to remove that little deep psychological fear that is almost instinctual in the male brain.

I guess the question is; are we responsible for others when talking about what we like? I'm not saying we are, I'm just posing the question. Most of the frequent posters here are very understanding and supportive of the masses of insecure people (101% of people are insecure, I think one study said :)). Some though, are stating their preferences come hell or high water, and if you don't like it, tough titty... They also say mean or cold things to people who come here for support.

One thing has to be made clear. This is not a large penis SUPPORT group. I've been a member for many years, and like erratic says, when size is actually an issue, I'm talking life-impairing, most people just gawk or come running to see the freakshow.

Also, I know this isn't a popular thought, but maybe we should take a step back once in a while and look at what our "free thoughts" are allowing us to stoop to if they go unmonitored. They often become basic. Selfish. Unapologetic and unreflective.

Heck, I'll be blatantly honest here... I first became a member on this site because I was INSECURE. And the funny thing was; my insecurities didn't start to grow until I was told I was "big". Then, all of a sudden I started thinking... "How big? Slightly bigger than average? Huge? What if someone is bigger than me?" Up until that time I really hadn't made any effort to compare myself with others. Maybe I'm weak or not strong willed. I don't know... But if there are people here like me, I think this site causes more distorted body images than we'd like to admit.

Freedom of speech and opinion is good, but does it come with some responsibility? Are we really mature enough to deserve it? Again, just asking questions here... :)

Last edited:

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's quite a well-considered post, Lamplight.

Free speech should come with the responsibility of considering the audience, but asking for that kind of maturity on the internet seems to be like tilting at windmills.

Also, you've hit the nail on the head when you mentioned not being insecure until you were labeled. For many people labels do that; all of a sudden you have something to live up to, hoops to jump through. For others, however, it's a gift, a club they belong in. Often times, probably most often, it's both. For example, I knew one guy who was all gung-ho about dating me and showing off what a huge penis he has until, to slow down the constant barrage of "My dick is so big," I told him I'd seen bigger. He was suddenly like "Who? By how much? When? How do I compare? Am I going to be enough for you?"

The issue of penis size, like penises themselves, is extremely sensitive.

lamplight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm bumping this one, cause I really think it's an interesting topic.

This might be like asking a dysfunctional man to stop being in denial, but I'll give it a shot anyway!

Is this obsession with size unhealthy?

Are there anybody else here who didn't feel insecure until they were compared to somebody else?

Were do you draw the line between stating you're preference (or unhealthy obsession, it all depends on how big the denial is) and almost bashing the little guys?

lamplight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yeah... Everyone is also a jokester. Don't get me wrong, it's fun. But sometimes it would be nice to be able to carry on a meaningful discussion without irony-machine guns ablazin'.