Is There A Real Threat of Assasination?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dingdong, Nov 5, 2008.

1. dingdong

dingdong Member

Does Obama face a big security issue? :confused:

2. lucky8

Gold Member

Did you not see the bullet proof glass last night?

3. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

They are thinking about it in Israel; you can find an interesting and current piece from the Israel News Dire fears for Obama in Rabin's long shadow - Haaretz - Israel News

[SIZE=-1]The Secret Service have looked into at least 500 assassination threats against Obama. [/SIZE]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1083444/Bulletproof-glass-shields-Obama-victory-speech-security-stepped-President-elect.html

4. dingdong

dingdong Member

yep, i saw it, but i thought that was just common simply because he was just elected :confused:. I assumed, McCain would have had bullet proof glass too right? :confused:

5. CALAMBO

Gold Member

Albums:
    there is always a threat against the leaders of the free world...many unstable racist folks...secret service will advise and handle those who get too close...we hope...the real scary would be president/vice president be taken out...then we would have NANCY PELOSI...geezzzz what a nightmare...

6. green26

green26 Active Member

I would think so, they are alot of sick, crazy people out there who aren't happy about him winning, wouldn't surprise me at all if somebody takes a shot at him, hope it doesn't happen

7. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

You can't get past the realization that too many fanatics, whackos, and hate groups in general will take more than exception to him in office, so yeah, there is a real threat to him.

I don't envy the secret service their job now just knowing that.

8. Nrets

Nrets Member

Come on dude, we are all thinking that, but do you have to bring it up?

America has had nothing but white anglo saxon presidents since the beginning.

All but one was Protestant.

JFK was assassinated in 2 years.

For the benefit of America, I hope Obama lasts longer.

9. Principessa

Gold Member

:rolleyes: :duh: Of course he does! Just because he was elected doesn't mean that racism will stop over night. If anything I expect racism and hate crimes to increase for a while before decreasing and leveling off.

What color is the sky in your world, little boy? :confused:

[/COLOR]
    Possibly, but highly unlikely. He's a war hero and POW. Even we Democrats respect and revere that. :cool:

10. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

what color is your sky t day? neither candidate faces a threat from the sane members of their respective parties, but there are enough insane people of all political stripes out there to make these measures a necessity. that being said, obama does naturally face more danger because he is black.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

He's young and dumb and not from here. :tongue: Few people outside of the United States get the deep scars of racism in this country.

12. dingdong

dingdong Member

oops, sorry! :redface: I didn't mean to sound blunt/cold about the issue! I admit, I am quite uninformed! :redface::tongue:

13. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

JFK wasn't killed for being Irish Cathoic though.

14. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

don't let them get to you; the questions are legitimate

#14 B_Nick4444, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  15. Principessa

Gold Member

Sorry I jumped down your throat. But there have been numerous threads about this and death threats already.

Major presidential and vice presidential candidates, and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election receive secret service protection. Barack has had secret service protection for over a year, due to the severity of the threats he has received.

Obama placed under Secret Service protection - CNN.com

#15 Principessa, Nov 5, 2008
  16. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    This country has finally taken a giant leap forward, I believe if something like this happens it will all be erased.

I find Barack a very stoic figure, doing what he is doing right now and yet knowing somewhere in the back of his mind he is essentially sacrificing himself for the betterment of our society. That takes a real fucking man.

After experiencing the love and profound joy that spilled onto the streets in New York City last night at Union Square Park and other places, I don't think you can put a value on what this man has achieved. From cab drivers to truck drivers to bus drives to police officers to thousands of people chanting and hugging and giving high fives, I have never felt so much love before in my life. It was something I will never forget and was akin to the Revolution that I have dreamt about since a child. I know I like to poke fun at those people who cry when he speaks and go crazy over him, but last night as I stood in the middle of the street with thousands of people i began to cry, because I got it. It is not so much for what he says, but for what he represents and the impact one man has been able to have.

I am ready to take arms and guard the white house right now for him. REVOLUTION.

#16 Skull Mason, Nov 5, 2008
  17. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Tell me we're not starting this thread already with months to go before he takes office. Can we just not discuss things like this? Let's give Americans the benefit of the doubt on this one. Is that too much to ask?

18. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
  19. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    White supremacist groups may find that having Obama around and healthy will be FAR more useful to them to garner new supporters and raise donations. St*rm Fr*nt will seek to benefit from this presidency.

They'd be set back in their operations by an outright assassination. If such a horrible act of violence were to happen, and they were demonstrated to be criminally linked to it, they would be surely deemed worse than Al Queda by most Americans and the rest of the world.

Domestic terrorism already exists and resides in the USA and Canada, and it doesn't look like old 60-something radicals like Ayers.

20. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

I would like to think the Secret Service is a lot more efficient and scientific in its profiling methods these days ... after all, it's beeen 27 years since anyone even got a shot off at a president. But who knows ... I certainly pray that nothing terrible befalls Barack Obama and his family.

Draft saved Draft deleted