Is There A Real Threat of Assasination?

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They are thinking about it in Israel; you can find an interesting and current piece from the Israel News Dire fears for Obama in Rabin's long shadow - Haaretz - Israel News

[SIZE=-1]The Secret Service have looked into at least 500 assassination threats against Obama. [/SIZE]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1083444/Bulletproof-glass-shields-Obama-victory-speech-security-stepped-President-elect.html

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
there is always a threat against the leaders of the free world...many unstable racist folks...secret service will advise and handle those who get too close...we hope...the real scary would be president/vice president be taken out...then we would have NANCY PELOSI...geezzzz what a nightmare...

green26

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would think so, they are alot of sick, crazy people out there who aren't happy about him winning, wouldn't surprise me at all if somebody takes a shot at him, hope it doesn't happen

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can't get past the realization that too many fanatics, whackos, and hate groups in general will take more than exception to him in office, so yeah, there is a real threat to him.

I don't envy the secret service their job now just knowing that.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
Come on dude, we are all thinking that, but do you have to bring it up?

America has had nothing but white anglo saxon presidents since the beginning.

All but one was Protestant.

JFK was assassinated in 2 years.

For the benefit of America, I hope Obama lasts longer.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does Obama face a big security issue? :confused:
:rolleyes: :duh: Of course he does! Just because he was elected doesn't mean that racism will stop over night. If anything I expect racism and hate crimes to increase for a while before decreasing and leveling off.

What color is the sky in your world, little boy? :confused:

]yep, i saw it, but i thought that was just common simply because he was just elected :confused:. I assumed, McCain would have had bullet proof glass too right? :confused:
[/COLOR]
Possibly, but highly unlikely. He's a war hero and POW. Even we Democrats respect and revere that. :cool:

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
Possibly, but highly unlikely. He's a war hero and POW. Even we Democrats respect and revere that. :cool:

what color is your sky t day? neither candidate faces a threat from the sane members of their respective parties, but there are enough insane people of all political stripes out there to make these measures a necessity. that being said, obama does naturally face more danger because he is black.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's young and dumb and not from here. :tongue: Few people outside of the United States get the deep scars of racism in this country.

America has had nothing but white anglo saxon presidents since the beginning. All but one was Protestant. JFK was assassinated in 2 years.[/QUOTE]
That is exactly why I never expected to see a black President in my lifetime. If we couldn't handle an Irish Catholic President how could we accept a black one?
For the benefit of America, I hope Obama lasts longer.
From your lips to God's ears.

dingdong

Cherished Member
Media

What color is the sky in your world, little boy? :confused:

He's young and dumb and not from here. :tongue: Few people outside of the United States get the deep scars of racism in this country.

oops, sorry! :redface: I didn't mean to sound blunt/cold about the issue! I admit, I am quite uninformed! :redface::tongue:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oops, sorry! :redface: I didn't mean to sound blunt/cold about the issue! I admit, I am quite uninformed! :redface::tongue:
Sorry I jumped down your throat. But there have been numerous threads about this and death threats already.

Major presidential and vice presidential candidates, and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election receive secret service protection. Barack has had secret service protection for over a year, due to the severity of the threats he has received.

Obama placed under Secret Service protection - CNN.com

Last edited:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This country has finally taken a giant leap forward, I believe if something like this happens it will all be erased.

I find Barack a very stoic figure, doing what he is doing right now and yet knowing somewhere in the back of his mind he is essentially sacrificing himself for the betterment of our society. That takes a real fucking man.

After experiencing the love and profound joy that spilled onto the streets in New York City last night at Union Square Park and other places, I don't think you can put a value on what this man has achieved. From cab drivers to truck drivers to bus drives to police officers to thousands of people chanting and hugging and giving high fives, I have never felt so much love before in my life. It was something I will never forget and was akin to the Revolution that I have dreamt about since a child. I know I like to poke fun at those people who cry when he speaks and go crazy over him, but last night as I stood in the middle of the street with thousands of people i began to cry, because I got it. It is not so much for what he says, but for what he represents and the impact one man has been able to have.

I am ready to take arms and guard the white house right now for him. REVOLUTION.

Last edited:

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
White supremacist groups may find that having Obama around and healthy will be FAR more useful to them to garner new supporters and raise donations. St*rm Fr*nt will seek to benefit from this presidency.

They'd be set back in their operations by an outright assassination. If such a horrible act of violence were to happen, and they were demonstrated to be criminally linked to it, they would be surely deemed worse than Al Queda by most Americans and the rest of the world.

Domestic terrorism already exists and resides in the USA and Canada, and it doesn't look like old 60-something radicals like Ayers.

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I would like to think the Secret Service is a lot more efficient and scientific in its profiling methods these days ... after all, it's beeen 27 years since anyone even got a shot off at a president. But who knows ... I certainly pray that nothing terrible befalls Barack Obama and his family.