Is there a way to record your webcam "talks"?

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How would one go about capturing my glorious, uh, conversation, with my ladyfriends over webcam?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Unfortunately, regarding the webcam, it's perfectly legal. You are willfully and deliberately projecting your video image to the other party already. No law against them saving the transmission.

However if it is discovered that he has posted these captures (part or all) elsewhere on the internet (or transmitted digitally), there are arguments for a lawsuit such as invasion of privacy.

But I agree, one should inform the other party beforehand so that they know what they are getting into.

Moral of the story: be careful about webcamming!

:smile:

Last edited:

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
+1 get her permission first :smile:

Of course, that goes without saying. Believe it or not, I'm trying to become a better person all round, and that includes analyzing how I talk and interact with people--do I unconciously say "uhh" and "umm" a lot, am I conversationally generous, how do I come across, things like that.

But also cyberfun with ex lovers is great and would be nice to record for masturbation when I get old and wrinkly ;)

Do standard webcams built into laptops generally have a recording option? I can't see one on mine.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Of course, that goes without saying. Believe it or not, I'm trying to become a better person all round, and that includes analyzing how I talk and interact with people--do I unconciously say "uhh" and "umm" a lot, am I conversationally generous, how do I come across, things like that.

But also cyberfun with ex lovers is great and would be nice to record for masturbation when I get old and wrinkly ;)

Do standard webcams built into laptops generally have a recording option? I can't see one on mine.

I call on everyone here at lpsg to avoid "helping" with this apparently real request.

My god man, you're a shameless thing.

Depressing.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Unfortunately, regarding the webcam, it's perfectly legal. You are willfully and deliberately projecting your video image to the other party already. No law against them saving the transmission.

However if it is discovered that he has posted these captures (part or all) elsewhere on the internet (or transmitted digitally), there are arguments for a lawsuit such as invasion of privacy.

But I agree, one should inform the other party beforehand so that they know what they are getting into.

Moral of the story: be careful about webcamming!

:smile:

Sorry but I don't believe that for a second and I have very little doubt that if it was taken to court the miscreant who was doing the cam capture without consent would lose.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It's the consent issue one has to watch. For instance if you click an "allow access to my cam" option...if you do this, then you are granting permission in the eyes of some sites/applications as it pertains to the law. If permission isn't granted and that can be proven, then it most definitely could cause loads of legal trouble for the person doing the recording!

I perhaps should have clarified that.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Balls!

That's like saying it's ok to rape me because I've consented to kissing someone.

I'm sure you have links to back up this up.....and how it pertains to "law".

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm not saying it is ok at all! Not one bit is it ok!

I was simply trying to talk about it in the legalese sense, according to those in the (U.S.) legal profession.

I don't mean to be offensive at all. I am in NO WAY stating it is okay for someone to rape a person who only wanted to be kissed! Absolutely not!

Unfortunately in the U.S. legal courts it can be hard to prove something like permission when it comes to recording webcam sessions (when one is required to click an "allow access" button to let a person or persons view your cam) and there are ways to do this kind of thing and that is the only thing I wanted to say. That is all. I had hoped in some way to raise awareness about the issue without directly talking about any of the ways to accomplish it.

Last edited:

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is it a trick question? Because judging from some of the responses to and about the OP, I don't think he has any ladyfriends to cam with?