Is there any point in wearing anything to bed?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Imported, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

BagofBones: Who actually wears any underwear to bed??? I mean personally there is no point as I see it, I just sleep nude. There's no point in bunching up everything to try and fit in a pair of undies that looks as if they're gonna wither away trying to hold your stuff. Anyone else share a similar view or sleep naked coz' there ain't no point in wearing anything?

2. Imported

Gold Member

bigmike11: I don't ever wear underwear, period. I live alone, so I'm always naked around the house, and I sleep naked too. It just seems so prudish to wear clothes to bed.

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Some guys wear underwear or jammies to bed just in case they dream about their mother.

:p

Pecker

4. jonb

Gold Member

I also go to bed naked. It just never made any sense to me to get dressed for bed.

5. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I never wear underwear to bed, and I usually sleep in the raw. However, I do own two pairs of pyjamas that I wear on occasion. I live in New Orleans which has two seasons: the rainy season and February. During 'February weather' I sometimes wear a pair of flannel PJ's. And when I'm spending the night at someone else's house in a non-sexual context I'll where a pair of cotton jammies. I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night with a piss hardon and walk through the house with my naked schlong pointing my way to the lavatory ... who knows whom you might run into on the way there? I speak from experience, so I pack a pair of pyjamas!

6. txquis

Gold Member

Yes, cold weather and visiting relatives cause me to wear "sleepwear"

7. Imported

Gold Member

BagofBones: Oooh, imagine wearing briefs to bed with something over 7" - ouch!

8. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

We were so poor when I grew up, we couldn't even afford to sleep nude.

Pecker

9. Imported

Gold Member

ceg1526: When the occasion arises, I wear a condom to bed.

Ceg

10. Imported

Gold Member

miniver_cheevy: :)

for some reason i gotta wear undies to bed. (and often -- in winter -- at least a t-shirt). call it a comfort thing, blame it on dreams of my mom waking me up, or blame it on my need for warmth, or i dunno, blame it on my parsimonious need to get seven days (or even 14 days, in a stretch) out of a set of my sheets.

i just wear loose boxers, it's no problem. gotta adjust my package as i switch to different positions in bed, but it comes naturally, even as i sleep -- sorta of like how i can now find my glasses not matter where i put them...

ah the joys of middle age ...

i think tighty whiteys are pure torture: in or out of bed. but some guys like torture. in the fetish world it's even got a name: cbt (cock and ball torture).

yep, that's tighty whities.

miniverch's two cents

and as far as freeballing goes (since i'm on a roll here), can i give my two cents? yeah it's cool and feels great to freeball and it's the next best thing to sliced bread.

but what about cleanliness? is that out the door too? i mean the purpose of underwear is to keep yourself (and your clothes cleaner).

i myself hate spending any more time at the laundry machines than is absolutely necessary. plus i like to smell fresh! me and my jeans...

let's hear it for those loose boxers. try 'em: silk, cotton, rayon even dudes!

::)

:D

11. txquis

Gold Member

Good point.
    i think of myself as squeaky clean, almost obsessively.
    BUT...
    if somebody hadn't given me some white CKboxerbriefs for christmas...i might  have forgotten how urine drops
    and precum can stain...
    i was amazed...after a decade
    of black and navy and plaid boxers/boxerbriefs.
    something to take into account when freeballing.

Then again...bedsheets were meant to be washed.. :)

12. Imported

Gold Member

110lbskinnyboy: Very good point. When I sleep nude it's only because of the weather usually (when it's hot) and for people that do sleep in the nude all the time, well they should think about where those urine drops and such are going. For me, I can just neva hop into bed naked straight away, I gotta have had a shower or something first, but I try and get away with it as often as possible. I think, that no matter how large you are (whether you're 8" or 10" flaccid) you should really wear something whether it's briefs, boxers or whatever. I really need to get out of my sleep nude habit as it's just too 'dirty' feeling but it does feel good though not to wear anything to bed but personally you should wear something unless you're 12" flaccid or something rediculous like that.

13. Imported

Gold Member

hotbodz8: I agree, I wear absolutely nothing to bed.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in tighty whities most of the day which isn't too comfortable even when you're 6" flaccid. But I usually catch a workout during the middle of the day when I have no personal training clients. But when you have large thighs and a large ball sac to go with an above average penis. Being uncomfortable in tighty whities is a lot better alternative than crushing your equipment between your legs which is usually what happens when I procrastinate on doing laundry and am forced to wear boxers to work.

When I'm sleeping, however, freeballin' is the only way to go!!!!!!!!

14. Imported

Gold Member

hungone: Although I find it sexy to wear nothing in bed - I find that I usually wear underwear. Since I always get a boner in the middle of the night - with underwear on - I can at least roll over without hurting myself!

15. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

[quote author=hungone link=board=clothing;num=1046426578;start=0#13 date=03/01/03 at 09:40:35]AlSince I always get a boner in the middle of the night - with underwear on - I can at least roll over without hurting myself![/quote]

If I roll over with a hard-on, I'll pole vault out of bed and decide I've had my exercise for the day! ;)

16. Imported

Gold Member

ratlas: I like Mini's take. Can't ever be too clean. I did laundry today.Put on freshly washed, straight out of the dryer comfy cords. Unfortunately I just got over a rhoid eruption. Felt a little itch back there and just automatically scratched where it itched. Got exactly 2 minutes of use out of that washing. Sometimes it pays to have that layer of protection.

17. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Sometimes I wear nothing to bed when I have the opportunity, but I'll say it's more difficult to get away with it when you have two roommates. I keep reconciling the naked issue in my hand: On the one hand, I pay my share of the rent and bills so, seeing that it's as much my apartment as anyone else's, I should have the right to walk around here, dick flopping where it does. Sleep, included.

On the other hand, I'm trying to be considerate, too. I admit I frequently wake up with morning wood, and I have a male roommate who's most certainly in the average domain for dick size. I don't think he would be offended, per se, but I know I don't want to feel like I'm flaunting my size (I do that when I'm good and ready!). Plus, I've got this undeniable way of throwing my covers every which way when I sleep, so I'm sure my dick would greet the morning sunrise long before I did, you know?

18. Imported

Gold Member

biggbenn8: Well if its COLD I do wear something to bed..

a shirt! I HATE when my feet get cold but being tall and big footed they stay covered... but my shoulders can get cold so....

but I HATE getting 'tangled up'...

19. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: From this woman's POV:

I like a guy to wear a little something to sleep in - briefs, boxers, jammie bottoms, what have you. It adds to a sense of mystery and it's fun to take 'em off....

Having been married to a man who stripped the moment he got home and stayed that way unless we had folks over or we went out, I can honestly say seeing him in the buff all the time got old.

20. Imported

Gold Member

hung: I like to wear a smile to bed. But then again, I also like to wake up to a smile. The erections - I can live with them. They let me know that I am still alive and all systems are functioning well.

As far as wearing something to please a partner in the never ending game of sexual relations - I will have to agree that sometimes wearing something around the loins, etc., can add to the mystery and pleasure while engaged in foreplay, etc. For the actual act of intercourse wearing nothing is the preferred system for me. Of course I sleep in the nude and I have no problem with that. Like freeballing 24/7. My Maytag does a fairly good job on sheets and jeans so I have no problems with keeping things clean. Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted