Is there any way to know for sure a woman has had an orgasm?

D_ewjjde

Just Browsing
Media
A hundred years ago, ladies weren't supposed to cum because only "sluts" enjoyed sex. Made a man's life much easier, eh?

Sigh, those were the good old days....

On another note, is it impolite to ask in the course of or after a one night stand? I've always talked with the women I've been in relationships with, because without communication you can't find out how to perfect your technique. But is it kind of a lost cause to bring up whether or not she orgasmed if it's just a one night stand?

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sigh, those were the good old days....

On another note, is it impolite to ask in the course of or after a one night stand? I've always talked with the women I've been in relationships with, because without communication you can't find out how to perfect your technique. But is it kind of a lost cause to bring up whether or not she orgasmed if it's just a one night stand?

Yah probably. Why not ask instead how you were? Or what she liked? Not that she orgasmed... Its not even the point.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Is there any surefire way of knowing when a woman has gone?

<inserts sexist comment> Who cares? :smile:

I used to get hung up on making sure my partner had an orgasm, but all it did was create anxiety for both of us. I would try to key in on all the factors mentioned by previous posters (breathing, contractions, sounds, etc). At times I would even continue to try and have sex (be it with a limp penis or oral or whatever) to try and get her off. Again, too much anxiety and stress created by pushing the issue.

As far as faking it, I've never done it because I don't see a reason too. If I can't/don't get off, I'll try again later. There have been times when my gf has questioned me on whether I faked one because no cum came out. Again though, I feel no reason to fake it. I've talked to her about it too, and she's says never done it with me. Do I believe her? Sure, why not? I think we're pretty in tune with each other's bodies that we know. We have sex often enough that eventually at some point we will get off.

sexualnapalm

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
True fax. Sometimes, it's really just about the intimacy and the touching and being together. I can get just as much out of kissing and touching as I can from a mind blowing orgasm.

a lot of guys are.

when a guy brags about always getting the woman off first, it doesn't impress all the ladies. for a lot of us that whole attitude is a major turn off.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A hundred years ago, ladies weren't supposed to cum because only "sluts" enjoyed sex. Made a man's life much easier, eh?

Easier, yes. More enjoyable, not bloody likely! For better or worse, I'm the kind of guy that thinks I've failed if the girl doesn't cum. I'm surprised to see women view that type of attitude as a turn off. From my experience, most girls enjoy when a man has the desire to please before being pleasured, especially the ones that have had sex with other guys that could care less about whether or not the woman climaxes.

My attitude has worked well for me sexually, and I hope it continues for many years to come (knock on wood)

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Caring whether your sex partner has fun and experiences pleasure is one thing, being so egotistical as to think you own her orgasm is quite another.

Not sure whether or not that was directed at me. Hope not, considering I said nothing of the sort about "owning an orgasm"

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Caring whether your sex partner has fun and experiences pleasure is one thing, being so egotistical as to think you own her orgasm is quite another.

Not sure whether or not that was directed at me. Hope not, considering I said nothing of the sort about "owning an orgasm"

Didn't you?

I'm the kind of guy that thinks I've failed if the girl doesn't cum.

You believe her lack of orgasm is a. a failure, b. your failure.

D_Madam_Ovary

Account Disabled
Media
Easier, yes. More enjoyable, not bloody likely! For better or worse, I'm the kind of guy that thinks I've failed if the girl doesn't cum. I'm surprised to see women view that type of attitude as a turn off. From my experience, most girls enjoy when a man has the desire to please before being pleasured, especially the ones that have had sex with other guys that could care less about whether or not the woman climaxes.

My attitude has worked well for me sexually, and I hope it continues for many years to come (knock on wood)

I appreciate your kind of attitude, personally. I think it comes from a good place.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Didn't you?

You believe her lack of orgasm is a. a failure, b. your failure.

Well I'm certainly glad that you know how to use the highlight function on a computer, but even that keyboard wizardry does not make you correct in any way shape of form. If my personal belief is a woman failing to orgasm is my fault, how on earth does that show my ownership of the aforementioned orgasm? I truly am not understanding where that thought comes from.

If I had been so arrogant as to say I'm the only one that can make a certain girl cum, or that I somehow possessed knowledge no other man on this planet was privy to, then I could understand where your false insult could ring true.

That being said, I'm sorry sir/ma'am, but you are mistaken.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

wanting to make her feel good is a great thing.
obsessively chasing her orgasm, regardless of other factors, is less so.
it's a fact that a lot of women in that situation will resort to faking and you will never know.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're odd.

Odd is a severe understatement. I'm bat-shit crazy or whatever other name you prefer to call. Thankfully, this is by no means insulting, as I wear my quirks as a badge of honor!

It's completely fine that you view my argument to be weak. In the end, this is useless to argue: your initial interpretation of what I wrote was entirely off base. You're entitled to your own opinion, but if your assessment of what I wrote is not at all the response I intended to elicit, doesn't it make sense that in this case, you might be wrong?

Let's use another real life example where the case of differing opinions are allowed, while one is categorically incorrect...

In the name of politics (at least American), if Conservatives are called the Right, doesn't it seem logical that Liberals should be called the Wrong.

Yes, I know this will win me legions of fans ;)

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
:tool::hijacked:
Odd is a severe understatement. I'm bat-shit crazy or whatever other name you prefer to call. Thankfully, this is by no means insulting, as I wear my quirks as a badge of honor!

It's completely fine that you view my argument to be weak. In the end, this is useless to argue: your initial interpretation of what I wrote was entirely off base. You're entitled to your own opinion, but if your assessment of what I wrote is not at all the response I intended to elicit, doesn't it make sense that in this case, you might be wrong?

Let's use another real life example where the case of differing opinions are allowed, while one is categorically incorrect...

In the name of politics (at least American), if Conservatives are called the Right, doesn't it seem logical that Liberals should be called the Wrong.

Yes, I know this will win me legions of fans ;)

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some of us guys will fake it too on occasion :wink:

it can all be faked.
the breathing, the thrashing, the contractions.
most men think they could spot a fake,
i tell all my lovers, before we get to sex, that i fake,
yet all of them still believe it must be real when i do.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wanting to make her feel good is a great thing.
obsessively chasing her orgasm, regardless of other factors, is less so.
it's a fact that a lot of women in that situation will resort to faking and you will never know.

I don't know why these outlandish impressions have been formed based on my post. Words like "owning" and "obsessive" are far off the mark and do not at all describe my sexual goals when it comes to pleasing a woman. I apologize for giving you the impression that I'm some crazy sex freak hell bent on a woman reaching orgasm, even if it means checking her enjoyment at the door.

Not my style, and not what I intended when I wrote the post.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know why these outlandish impressions have been formed based on my post. Words like "owning" and "obsessive" are far off the mark and do not at all describe my sexual goals when it comes to pleasing a woman. I apologize for giving you the impression that I'm some crazy sex freak hell bent on a woman reaching orgasm, even if it means checking her enjoyment at the door.

Not my style, and not what I intended when I wrote the post.
it's because you said you feel you've failed if she doesn't pop.

you have no idea the kind of pressure that is. women, in general, really hate their men feeling like failures. it puts the weight of your happiness on her ability to perform on demand.
i know we're coming across kinda harsh and arseholish here, but that's because we've been there.

i love having sex and not having an orgasm.
the sex itself is the goal.
i can't enjoy it in the slightest if my partner is trying to get my body to perform his favourite trick, instead of just enjoying my body and his connection to it.

i'm not attacking you here.
some women will dig your attitude.
if you end up with one of those women then you'll have great sex ever after.
i'm just letting you know how i, and a lot of other women, feel.