Is there such thing as a good tasting moisturizing lotion?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by ThisSpace4Rent, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ThisSpace4Rent

ThisSpace4Rent New Member

I have dry skin, which is easily dealt with using moisturizers (I usually use the vaseline intensive care for sensitive skin).

The problem is, they all taste fairly bad.

Any recommendations about a lotion or oil that'll do the trick for dry skin, but tastes good at best (and not unpleasant at worst).

2. NightFish

NightFish Active Member

Albums:
    okay, why is taste important?

3. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not sure if the OP is going this way, but I don't like the taste of my partner's skin if she has moisturizer on. I like to be able to kiss and lick her neck, back, arms, legs, etc. If it tastes like moisturizer or soap I don't like it.

I wonder if changing your diet would help with your dry skin, then you won't need the moisturizer. And I've seen people using moisturizer that I didn't think had dry skin...it just seemed normal to me.

4. Runco

Runco New Member

How about buying a moisturiser that is suitable for people suffering from eczema? These are generally odourless and don't really taste of anything.

5. ThisSpace4Rent

ThisSpace4Rent New Member

Jovial has it exactly.

I might check into some oils. More expensive, but probably don't have that issue.

6. earllogjam

Gold Member

Try this- although technically a massage cream it works better than any moisturizer. Just a little bit goes a long way. It is scentless and tasteless and it works great as lube as it doesn't sting. Best of all it's all natural and safe to ingest.

BIOTONE Product Categories

7. Honey123

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Try good old fashioned coco butter. In the block it is 99 % coco butter and has minimal taste with a slight chocolaty flavor.

Also, Eucerin has or Lubriderm - the two brands most recommended by my doctor when I was having issues with dry skin. These two brands have the fewest additives of all moisturizers and work very well. Eucerin comes in a lotion and a cream The cream seems a bit waxy at first when you are getting used to it but it melts into your skin and is almost completely absorbed. I've never tasted either of them but both are good options.

In India they often use coconut oil. It's good for your skin and absorbs well but has a slight odor

8. B_FruitFly

B_FruitFly New Member

use olive oil.

Not only is is good for fish, but skin aswell.

9. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Moisturize from the inside: Drink lots of water and eat lots of Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) -- these are the Omega oils. My fav is Udo's Choice which is available in the refrigerated section of most health and vitamin shots.

Draft saved Draft deleted