Is there truly someone out there for everyone?

Oh my! I'll get in BIG trouble if I do. If I had done that years ago I'd have been dead or in prison (whichever came first) way before now.

You'll be in big trouble if you don't. The way you act here you're just waiting to die in a prison of loneliness you've built for yourself. The irony is you're also the jailer. You're free to walk out any time you decide to risk doing so. Yeah you may fail, you may need to change your entire life but if awaking every day of your future is like it is now, I think you'll agree the risk is worth it.

To quote the philosopher Joel Goodson, "Sometimes you just have to say, 'What the fuck'".

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Yeah you may fail, you may need to change your entire life but if awaking every day of your future is like it is now, I think you'll agree the risk is worth it.

He's right, viking1. I'm not going to say "I've been there" - why? Because I'm there right now.
It's tough, it's frightening, it's hardwork and it's draining, but I can already see the results and apparently so can others around me. (And if you want more parallels; in a way I did fly half way around the world to get laid, too. :biggrin1:)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You won't appear desperate and needy if you aren't. People who are desperate and needy never realize it. I think a better way to rephrase that old saw is, "When you don't need someone is when you're most likely to find them." That doesn't make sense either. It doesn't mean you should relax on your porch and wait for Mr. or Ms. Right to appear on your stoop.
true enough.

To quote the philosopher Joel Goodson, "Sometimes you just have to say, 'What the fuck'".[/quote] OMG! You quoted Risky Business and you know his best friends last name?!?:eek::confused: You realize we have to up your straight% for that.:tongue:

He's right, viking1. I'm not going to say "I've been there" - why? Because I'm there right now. Oh honey you are lightyears ahead of Viking1 on the fighting fear/dating spectrum.
It's tough, it's frightening, it's hardwork and it's draining, but I can already see the results and apparently so can others around me. (And if you want more parallels; in a way I did fly half way around the world to get laid, too. :biggrin1:)
We noticed! :smile: Good job mate!

sedated

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Of course there's someone out there... but u need to be focused on other things and wait... he/she will show up without notice and in the less expected way or time.

Sedated!

njqt466 said:
jason_els said:
"When you don't need someone is when you're most likely to find them."
That doesn't make sense either.

Actually it does. People who don't need to be made whole by love aren't needy for love.

njqt466 said:
OMG! You quoted Risky Business and you know his best friends last name?!?:eek::confused:

Nope. I was quoting Joel Goodson, the character played by Tom Cruise. It's important to quote him because he learned the value of it only after he took the risk and dealt with the consequences.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
England to Delaware isn't half way around the world.

Aye, but if stretching the truth helps viking1's esteem, so be it.

Oh honey you are lightyears ahead of Viking1 on the fighting fear/dating spectrum.

Some time ago I was in a very similar place to where he is now, believe me. I simply did not believe my life was worth maintaining.

Nope. I was quoting Joel Goodson, the character played by Tom Cruise. It's important to quote him because he learned the value of it only after he took the risk and dealt with the consequences.

God damn I love that movie. :biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually it does. People who don't need to be made whole by love aren't needy for love. I need to be made whole by gourmet chocolate. :wink: Nope. I was quoting Joel Goodson, the character played by Tom Cruise. It's important to quote him because he learned the value of it only after he took the risk and dealt with the consequences.
But it was his friend whose name I can't remember who said WTF to him first. The friend went on to play Booger in the revenge of the nerds movies.

The friend's name was, "Miles," and there is no credited last name and yes I looked it up.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know this sounds corny but I have wondered this day after day and night after night.

Still single...
Its just another day on earth. We only in truth have today. So its one day at a time and living in the moment that we will never see again. Look at the snaptshot of today and not the whole photo album:smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
viking1,

I just thought of something which may help you. :smile: You need to try speed dating!

I did it after a lengthy dating dry spell and it was just the kick in the pants I needed to re-enter the dating world. Heck, now that I'm in a new locale I think I will try it again. Surviving the speed dating gave me the courage to post an ad on a few dating sites and I actually went out on a few dates. :smile:

I didn't hook up with anyone at Speed Dating. As a matter of fact I left with the phone numbers of 2 girls, whom I went outlet shopping with a few weekends later. :tongue::rolleyes: After the event was over we sort of all scurried to the bathroom to compare notes. The only negative comments were in reference to a guy who came there drunk and became positively ossified as the evening wore on. He also made up a new career for each woman. With me he was a crime scene detective, with another woman he was a homocide detective, with another he was a fireman, and with another he claimed to be a sociology professor at U.Penn. :biggrin1:

So if you can manage to go about 2 hours without becoming sloppy drunk and telling ridiculous lies about yourself or your profession this could be a nice way to meet people.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think some of us just have a predisposition for the single life.I've never expected to be living with anyone so it's not something I worry about.
If I meet someone who can put up with me - fine,if I don't then that's fine too. :cool:
It's the luck of the draw. I had a BF for 6 years long ago. Not much going on since. I have great friends. Sometimes it's better to have friends than lovers.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally Posted by No_Strings

He's right, viking1. I'm not going to say "I've been there" - why? Because I'm there right now. Oh honey you are lightyears ahead of Viking1 on the fighting fear/dating spectrum.

No_Strings is light years ahead of me in every way. It was probably unfair to him that you mentioned me in the same paragraph...

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you ever make a post without putting yourself down Viking?

If you put as much energy into meeting women as you did in being negative you'd be a pussy magnet.

No too often. I don't have a very good opinion of myself, and it's really not getting any better either. I need something to pep me up. Maybe if I stick my finger in a light socket...

If I could just attract women the way I attract dogs. Everywhere I go I seem to attract dogs. I pet dogs that are supposed to be mean, and have actually bitten other people. No luck with the ladies, though. I just don't get it...

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know why you don't get it because there are loads of people on here who've told you. You don't get women because you don't believe you can. There's nothing wrong with the way you look but the way you interact is crappy.

If you approach women with this air of 'I'm not worth having' why would they think you were worth having when you didn't believe it yourself.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know why you don't get it because there are loads of people on here who've told you. You don't get women because you don't believe you can. There's nothing wrong with the way you look but the way you interact is crappy.

If you approach women with this air of 'I'm not worth having' why would they think you were worth having when you didn't believe it yourself.

I know. I just need something to give me a lift. I guess that's why I like dogs. They only care if I like them and aren't afraid. They can sense that, and the vast majority will be friendly. They don't care how I look, how I act, and they don't even mind that I smell like, oil, grease, soot, and diesel fuel most of the time...

People are different. People are so superficial...

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If I could just attract women the way I attract dogs. Everywhere I go I seem to attract dogs. I pet dogs that are supposed to be mean, and have actually bitten other people. No luck with the ladies, though. I just don't get it...

I think you do and you're too afraid to admit it.

The day you admit your responsibility for whom you attract is the day your life will change forever.