Is this a crime???

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
a 14yo or anyone else @ 550 pounds there is something else going on there. Is reading and posting in threads like this indicative of being stupid? There is a case for it.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is absolutely ridiculous!

You cannot control what your child does and does'nt eat 24/7.
She has not denied him food which WOULD be neglect.
You do'nt get that obese by eating junk food instead of a healthy meal, you get that big by over-eating so what she feeds him is not the issue.
Maybe she HAS neglected the issue to some degree but punishing her for it is only going to make other parents feel wary which could actually increase child neglect.

It seems to me that someone is trying to make her pay for the burden that her son places on society, it is disgraceful in my opinion that this is happening when what should be happening is that authorities seek to treat them as individuals and help them deal with the situation instead of holding them up as examples of a common societal issue that only serves to act as fodder for the uncompassionate to mock and berate.

The case should be dropped as an insult to moral decency.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
550lbs?!

I hope that's a fucking crime. Were they feeding him lard? No adult should be that heavy, let alone a teen.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If it's a crime then parents of anorexic minors should be arrested as well.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
SO damn TRUE!!!!!!!!!
]
They actually mention that in the clip, but I thought of it before watching the clip.

At some point morbid obesity is as much of an illness and a medical issue as anorexia is.

There is no way that this mother should be charged with anything. She was working two jobs. Do they want her to stay home and collect welfare and watch him all day?

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Any parent that let's their child get obese in this day and age has real issues. Unless you live in Butcher Holler most parents should be able to look at their kids and see they're getting FAT and figure out a way to reverse it. And stop stuffing their lunchboxes w/twinkies and JUNK food. McDonalds should be shut down. There should be NO fat children. Most of them grow up into FAT adults. It's not good. Don't listen to EMME women....!