TforTrapeze

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
what kind of party is this?
like a fun get together?
or a formal event.
If it's anything where people won't be wearing jackets, but they won't be wearing jeans and a t-shirt, then i think you have a cool but clean combination!
but if you gave more details as to what kind of party...better answers will come

joshworley

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am 19 and American...personally I would never wear that to a party. I would put on some blue jeans with my dress shoes. A nice long sleeve button up shirt and roll the sleeves up and head out!

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depends on what kind of party it is, if its formal than it is most likely not smart enough but if its just a social get together then I think its a good look. The waistcoast suits your body type and the dress pants look good with casual shoes - maybe a darker pair of trainers on your feet as those are "quite white" but apart from that, it looks very neat!

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Depends on what kind of party it is, if its formal than it is most likely not smart enough but if its just a social get together then I think its a good look. The waistcoast suits your body type and the dress pants look good with casual shoes - maybe a darker pair of trainers on your feet as those are "quite white" but apart from that, it looks very neat!

see what I mean! ... look at his locale!:tongue:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
That's not a suit. That's a vest and a pair of pants that don't match. Plus those white shoes as soooooo Pat Boone. Dude, go invest in a dark (preferably black or charcoal) 100% wool suit and pick up a pair of comfortable black dress shoes. Spring for a 100% Egyption white cotton shirt with French Cuffs (that means you'll need cuff links and an even better choice is a shirt with studs instead of buttons) and throw on a sedate tie that's also black or charcoal, but has texture. AND NO POCKET PROTECTORS!

Good luck with that.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
The OP is most likely a brit dude as well - we're a funny lot over here ;) x

I'm sure he's Dutch or German, at least in background ... has the typical slant on English grammar and spelling.

Personally, I kind of like the look.
And the shoes are good ... very casual touch, and nothing wrong with that, depending, of course, on the kind of party.
The look is just slightly tarted up, in a good way, by the 'waistcoat,' um, vest.
Of course, as midlifebear notes, it's not really a suit.
I suspect the OP's kind of an individualist.
(Disclaimer: Of course, I have no real clue ...)

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like the aesthetic, requires the sense of style only the Brits possess (I am really envious)

that's why I figured it wouldn't do this side of the pond

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Yes yes I'm flemish, nice search Dumbcow! Don't forget I'm 19 years old, don't give me black shiny shoes, that's way too formal for me! The pants came lighter on the picture because of the flash. I could wear a black jeans (same fitting. I will take a picture of that combination when it comes aout of laundry)
It's a party where you must go casual chique.

cheers

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Señor, with your insight and my... um... talking cowness, we can travel the world and solve mysteries :cool:

Let's incowporate then.
DumbRubi or RubiCow ... which do you prefer? (I think the first is too familiar, personally.:cool:)

It's a party where you must go casual chique.

Ah, a casual Sheikh.
My kinda guy.