Is this a good suit...

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
How'd the party go? did you wear the suit? Personally, I'd have said no if I was here a week ago to comment. Vest without tie, striped slacks with nothing on top striped to match, SNEAKERS WITH A SUIT DEAR GOD NO.

Filss

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Great look but you should wear the same with a dark blue denim and NO sneakers but black shoes. The grey pants are great but not with a gilet, would be better with just a white shirt, whose upper button MUST be open unless you're wearing a tie. You can trust me, i'm French ;)
Sorry for the bad english

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I wear the suit at the party, it was great. Everybody was positive about it, the say I looked handsome in it, mature but still a young guy (and that's what I am).

Your body is quite symmetrical and your posture is great, pieter. You could look good in a lot of things.

Great look but you should wear the same with a dark blue denim and NO sneakers but black shoes. The grey pants are great but not with a gilet, would be better with just a white shirt, whose upper button MUST be open unless you're wearing a tie. You can trust me, i'm French ;)
Sorry for the bad english

Normalement, les francais auront le dernier mot, mais je ne suis pas d'accord dans ce cas-ci, Filss. D'apres moi, les sneakers sont bons. Le gilet est parfait.
Bien sur, dark blue denim peut aller mieux qu'un pantelon gris.
Excuse mon francais epouvantable, stp.
Ca fait vingt ans depuis mon dernier sejour en France.
Vivre en France etait une extase.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I realize you have already attended the party; but I just had to add my two cents. :redface:

Is this a good suit...to go too a party?
This is not a suit! It looks like a hodge podge of your favorite clothes.

looks a bit confused for an Englishman more American, perhaps!
Ha! Don't sling that mess over here. No self-respecting American of any age would go out in public dressed like that, unless of course he were going to a costume party as a color blind hobo.

That's not a suit. That's a vest and a pair of pants that don't match. Plus those white shoes as soooooo Pat Boone. Dude, go invest in a dark (preferably black or charcoal) 100% wool suit and pick up a pair of comfortable black dress shoes. Spring for a 100% Egyption white cotton shirt with French Cuffs (that means you'll need cuff links and an even better choice is a shirt with studs instead of buttons) and throw on a sedate tie that's also black or charcoal, but has texture. AND NO POCKET PROTECTORS!
Good luck with that.
OMG! I love you so much!. :kiss:

Yes yes I'm flemish, nice search Dumbcow! Don't forget I'm 19 years old, don't give me black shiny shoes, that's way too formal for me! The pants came lighter on the picture because of the flash. I could wear a black jeans (same fitting. I will take a picture of that combination when it comes out of laundry)
It's a party where you must go casual chique.
Ugh! :aargh4: I hate when people make up terms for appropriate dress! There is no such thing as casual chic.
Voîla, just take some new pics, now with my black jeans. I hope it's good.
By the way, thanks for the comments already, also the negatives ones.
The black jeans and vest with white shirt and sneakers is passable. Though I object to suit vests being worn with jeans or casual pants.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I realize you have already attended the party; but I just had to add my two cents. :redface:

This is not a suit! It looks like a hodge podge of your favorite clothes.

Ha! Don't sling that mess over here. No self-respecting American of any age would go out in public dressed like that, unless of course he were going to a costume party as a color blind hobo.

Well, gee whiz, nj ... do you like the suit or not?:confused: