Is This Accurate?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Hmm. I can't answer you as a young single woman, Wally. I can answer you as a mature single woman in the dating market (not necessarily currently interested in dating, mind you!)...most men I've encountered are either cougar hunting for sex, around my age but secretly married/involved, or around my age and interested in actually dating but the interest is not mutual.

I have not encountered any stereotypes except the cougar hunter or secretly married guy (who's also often younger)

Reactions: 286798 and lms28

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
I have met a lot of emotionally unavailable men, unreliable/unaccountable men, some outright liars, some parasites, some grown-ass children, and some dudes not ready to prioritize a woman. As I get older, these people get worse.

I would assume so. The good ones get picked early IMO. Once you hit 30 only the scraps are left.

View attachment 2598461

Do you women think the above image is an accurate description of the dating market?
sadly, much is true.

Following my narcissistic wasband who banged his sexatary, my recent experiences have been:
  • Eeore- depressed & negative guy who loved very deeply but couldn't communicate & was all about immediate gratification
  • Notch collector- guy who wants to bed you just to up his #. inside, he's hurting & does this to dull the pain.
  • NASCAR- guy who moves way too fast... told me he was falling even before we met. (he also happened to work in racing)
  • Oak Tree- this guy was ridiculously tall and inflexible. It was his way or no way. we had a lot in common so it didn't come up often, but there was no negotiation on things where we didn't agree.
  • CEO- always selling, liked to portray that he was a baller, but in reality, he was relying on credit. took advantage of others kindnesses/generosity. frequent lies about stupid stuff and doesn't keep track of what he said, then gets defensive when caught in lies.
  • former friendzone... this is my current guy. he put himself in the FZ because he had a long distance gf. when that ended, he went for it. so far, so good, but too soon to tell.
I have summarily avoided the gym bros. I like to eat so that won't work.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have summarily avoided the gym bros. I like to eat so that won't work.
Went on a date with a gym bro. I thought his good habits would be a good influence on me regarding what was then my new outlook on staying active (back in 2003). He kept trying to feed me carbs after midnight. I had met him through a website, but my photos were outdated. I had lost 25 pounds. I had also assumed that anyone comparing me to those photos would agree with my assessment that I was better in person. Not so. Not in his case. "You're a very pretty woman, but you were off the HOOK with that extra meat on you." Shame. He was a lot of fun.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would assume so. The good ones get picked early IMO. Once you hit 30 only the scraps are left.
Not only. I'm not scraps. I'm potentially available. I am fun on a date, and have the emotional intelligence and self-awareness necessary to manage a relationship. Sure, I am already married, but my husband knows what I do and doesn't interfere. We maintain the marriage because it is convenient. If one of us met someone who was a better fit, the other of us would grant an easy divorce. Drama free.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Not only. I'm not scraps. I'm potentially available. I am fun on a date, and have the emotional intelligence and self-awareness necessary to manage a relationship. Sure, I am already married, but my husband knows what I do and doesn't interfere. We maintain the marriage because it is convenient. If one of us met someone who was a better fit, the other of us would grant an easy divorce. Drama free.

You're right, it is not only scraps. But it is mostly scraps.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

I just saw the equivalent for men...
The dating pool for young men is literally
- Romance Novel addicts
- “Sensitive” women you have to perform constant emotional labor for
- Narcissistic salon gals
- Emotionally near manipulators
- Performative toxic feminists who still treat men like shit

I'm none of those.

I find this to be pretty true:
The More Amazing You Are, The Smaller The Dating Pool Becomes - Here's Why

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
I just saw the equivalent for men...
The dating pool for young men is literally
- Romance Novel addicts
- “Sensitive” women you have to perform constant emotional labor for
- Narcissistic salon gals
- Emotionally near manipulators
- Performative toxic feminists who still treat men like shit

I'm none of those.

I find this to be pretty true:
The More Amazing You Are, The Smaller The Dating Pool Becomes - Here's Why

Yeah, none of those types reflect the kind of women men complain about in the dating pool. That was probably a list created by some butthurt MRA type who lacked the wit and experience to make a better list.

I roll my eyes at the link. Both genders are extremely delusional.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Scraps? Why the pejorative word? Maybe too complicated (above) for many men looking for a permanent partner.

Others, male and female, have specific, maybe eccentric ideas, goals, styles, obsessions etc. that appear to be negatives to many. Of course real psychological and physical defects exist as well. Scraps? Nasty word should apply to criminals, abusers, cons, freeloaders, etc. of both sexes.
It's not my word, and I agree with you. Did you read the whole thread? I simply quoted the person to whom I was responding.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You can use some other word if you prefer. Although I think whatever word you use the basic meaning remains the same.
No it doesn't. The word "scraps" removes the humanity from the person. It is definitely derogatory wording. Instead, I just say people I'm not interested in dating. They are, after all, people. They are not scrap, just not for me. I don't use dehumanizing language for people. I do use dehumanizing language if I don't consider them to be people, such as in the case with sociopaths. They aren't people.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
No it doesn't. The word "scraps" removes the humanity from the person. It is definitely derogatory wording. Instead, I just say people I'm not interested in dating. They are, after all, people. They are not scrap, just not for me. I don't use dehumanizing language for people. I do use dehumanizing language if I don't consider them to be people, such as in the case with sociopaths. They aren't people.

I can see where you're coming from. All I'm saying is that some people are single for a reason. A good reason.

Reactions: AlteredEgo