Is This 'gay Code Speak'??

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
An Old Time Saloon....you mean, like the type where you go in and the Player Piano is always playing "Oh Suzanna" and the bartender is polishing beer mugs, and all the guys say 'Yup" ? :smile:

... if a "big, burly" trucker came on to ME in the bathroom - he'd either be in the WRONG place or one hell of a woman! :wink:

Oh, like Large Marge! :tongue:

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
People's boundaries vary based on culture, home background, etc... A couple of days ago I was at the gym. After leaving the sauna I went to the closest shower to cool off. Just a bit later one of the guys who had been in the sauna at the same time walked in and took the next shower. We were the only ones there. He's a regular and I've seen him there literally hundreds of times with his teen-aged sons. He's always friendly in a very casual kind of way.
Generally guys will not go to the next shower if there is a choice. However, I don't make anything of it. I think he just went to the second-closest shower. Your situation may have been similar.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There was a book written during porhibition detailing the goings-on in The Old time American Saloons...namely the backroom where any number of activities could be taking place...He was hitting on you!

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes, the guy was hitting on you. Str8 men don't use the urinal next to another man when others are available. And probably 99% of the str8 men don't strike up a conversation with another male at a urinal. To do either would make a str8 man appear he is hitting on you. Old Time Saloon ? Maybe he liked what he saw and was asking if you wanted to old time bareback him. And then he might have been just a rare nice guy making conversation. You left before you could find out.

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Next time your in a bar with your gay friend , ask the nearest non-friend person

"Do you have a full dance card?"

and see what reaction you get, my dictionary says that's the easiest way to find a date, besides being a figure skater, nurse, antiques dealer, hairdresser chef or US Senator...or a big burly truck driver (are there any other kind??)

Perhaps the trucker thought it easier to say that than...

"Yooo-hoo, big boy, are you going my way?? Hmmmm"

Be safe and secure in your identity, and move on....

Now I'm gonna have an old time cup of tea and old time flick through the old time TV guide, before I make my old time dinner

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I had an intersting thing happen to me the other day, I have been wanting to share with everyone here..

ok.... I am NOT gay..
But most all of my male friends are... strange eh??
and I am pretty hep to 'gay speak' - the code speak ect...

but this happened to me the other day... and it really kind of surprised me..
for many reasons..
here we go...

I was at a honest to go truck stop in the middle of the desert, the kind of place with showers and full service amenitities.

walked into the bathroom, and nobody was in there...
so, there are 8 urinals.. and I had to go bad...
so naturally I took the one closest to me, the one that was closest to the wall...

about 10 second later, a big BURLEY trucker cam in,
and out of all the choices of ALL the urinals..
he takes the one right NEXT TO MUI!

-ahem-

that is something you just dont do... right?
I mean you naturally take one at LEAST one or two spaces away if its there right?

so anyway...

He starts pissing, and looks over at me.. I could feel him staring at me..

and he says......

" HAve you ever been to an old time saloon?"

-Wha??

"you know, an OLD TIME SALOON?".........................

............................. no, no I have not...

by that time I finished, and zipped up, washed my hands for like 3 seconds, and made a b-line for my car.

what do you think that was?
was he just a nut?
:confused:

i think he means back room sex bar

Come on nakedwally.... get a grip. That only happens in the dime store novels.

An old-time saloon?

No... not gay-speak.....

Maybe asking you for a drink....

Either way, I agree, it was a come-on of sorts.....

I really wish gay men would observe boundaries. Taking the urinal next to you, given the circumstances, is just plain bad manners...

He obviously had had a hard night and was on the prowl.... but, this sort of behavior makes me crazy!

Sorry from the gay crowd. It's intimidating and just uncalled for.

He had to piss... he'd driven 800-900 miles and needed to pee. He took the first urinal he found. He wasn't coming on to him

Not all men play by the "Urinal Rules." It sounds to me like he did just what you did, took the first available spot and then he started small talk due to he has been driving alone in a truck for hundreds of miles! :smile:

Exactly, thank you.

There was a book written during porhibition detailing the goings-on in The Old time American Saloons...namely the backroom where any number of activities could be taking place...He was hitting on you!

... goings on.... ?

OMG people.... I'm gay. I'm a truck driver. And this guy was doing no more than taking a piss and making small talk. I know the 'rules' for not talking at a urinal but, you have to understand the mindset of a driver. We sit in a small enclosure for 12-14 hours a day with no other human contact beside a CB radio and people behind a fuel desk that shouldn't be doing their job. Not everyone is trying to hit on you in a truck stop. What I got from the question, was exactly what he asked... an old time saloon. It's not 'gay speak' it was just a way to make conversation.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
How to explain this--
Well there's only one way--
IF YOU ARE THAT FREAKED OUT BY BURLY TRUCKERS THEN DO NOT GO TO TRUCK STOPS

The OP took the very first urinal because he had to go real bad. It was either stop at this truck stop or...possibly taking a piss in his pants.

I would have taken my chances at the truck stop given the two possible choices.

In general, I find truck stops to be among the safest places to stop when driving in unfamiliar territory.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sounds scary! And only adds to my fear of urinals.

Last time I was in one, a guy did actually pick the one next to me...weird. I didn't really mind though since I have to concentrate REALLY hard just to piss, which involves tensing every muscle in my body and other crazy shit.

That would seriously put me off urinals! I only use them if I'm drunk and really need to piss bad and no stalls are free.

hawkgirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry----I lost my officially issued gay-to-english dictionary....:biggrin1:[/quote

] :tongue:
That was funny, haha!

I have no idea but so far the first reply about the back room gay bar sounds the most logical to me. If the dude said something seemingly specific yet none of us have a clue he must have been talking about something.
I doubt that it was something so ambiguous to be left up to interpretation.
I think that is was one of those things where if you had ever been to an old time saloon you would have known exactly what he was talking about.

Ever heard that joke, 'The Aristocrats' ? I believe originally told by Thomas Jefferson. The thing is that there are a million versions of the joke. One of the points of the joke is for everyone to follow the basic outline and come up with there own version that is the most foul, sexually explicit, whorish, vile thing anyone has ever heard. Swear to God.
It is like 200+ years old.

The thing is that it is one of those jokes that you have to get to make your own version and you either get it immediately or you don't get it at all. If you don't get it it is no use having it explained to you. Just makes things worse.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
How about the term "good buddy"? :smile:

That term is not a term of endearment. Good buddies are... can't be delicate here... queer's.... sissies.... You all know the type. Those guys that go to a truck stop wearing a matching shorts and top, with their hair frosted and eyebrows shaped. Those guys that go somewhere they shouldn't be That's the best way to get your ass kicked. Here's the answer to the question I get asked 30-40 times when I'm online how do you meet truckers? Don't stand out. Don't bring attention to yourself by dressing or acting out of place. Drivers on the whole they won't mess with you. You're not in your element. It's not a gay bar/club. If something should happen, they will make the first move.... DON'T STALK THEM.

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's good to know, and I've only heard of the phrase, not knowing anything about it.

So, tight white tennis shorts, with a matching white wool sweater and high-top tennis shoes, and a Peterbilt baseball cap, with Big Sunglasses and Halsted cologne are out?

Y'know, and leaning up against the wall, smoking a Benson & Hedges, with one foot on the wall, and blowing a smoke ring in the truckers' face, and/or asking where the nearest Old Time Salon would be? :confused:

I mean Saloon?

:rolleyes:

UtahCock

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Come on!!! Does anybody seriously think this trucker guy was just striking up conversation to strike up conversation??

Poster-you were right to get the hell out of there. Not that he would likely assault you or anything, but best not to make him think you were leading him on.

NORMAL guys do not piss right next to you when there are tons of urinals available.

NORMAL guys dont talk to strangers in the bathroom. Heck, alot of guys dont even want to talk at the pisser. (some people are just ridicuoulsy frinedlly, but their opener is usually "hi. So you're heading to . . . . NOT questions about some saloon."

In my experience, this saloon reference is not "gayspeak." But doesnt matter. Avoid guys cruising you in the bathroom.

mgnm

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He starts pissing, and looks over at me.. I could feel him staring at me..

Also, the fact that he was trying to establish eye contact with you at a urinal is another red flag. You're not supposed to make eye contact with the stranger in the urinal next to you. It's a basic rule of urinal etiquette!

This reminds me of a time I rented a DVD from a local video store. I was the only customer at the store. So during checkout time, the video store clerk (who was a guy) asked me if I was a "BIG TIPPER". I just shrugged it off because at the time I thought he was commenting on how little money he makes. That clerk hasn't asked me that question in subsequent visits. Was he trying to sell me drugs, or is this another variation of the "OLD TIME SALOON"??? Hmm....

Bajan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think he wanted to get it on. Picking the urinal next to you was obvious and the question must be trucker code for "do you play?"

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I think a lot of dudes here are freaking out or are just plain paranoid. The fact of the matter is that guys, even strangers, will talk sports or anything else while not only at adjacent urinals but at adjacent stalls.

How about this one? One day at work, I had just sat on the toilet in the restroom stall and the dude next to me started talking to me, even called me by name! Turns out he likes to keep track of people's shoes so he knew who I was. This guy is 100% straight and narrow. From what I am hearing from some here, you would have called the cops!

The only time you've been hit on by a dude at the next urinal is if he looks down at your cock, looks back up at you and smiles or, grabs your ass or, says "need some help?" Get the point?

It wouldn't even surprise me if a dude turned to me and asked "Is the water cold?":biggrin1:

But isn't it that a requirement of gay slang? That it must be reasonably mistakable for something else? Otherwise why not just come out and ask, "Hey can I suck your cock?"

What gets me isn't that he violated the Urinal Rules but that he asked you the same question twice without explaining what he meant. "You know, an old time saloon." It's gotta be code! It was clear you didn't understand the term yet he said it again with emphasis when any one else would have either changed the term or added something to make himself clearer, "...an old time saloon; a western bar, has swinging doors, that kind of thing."

He didn't.

Dude, you were SO cruised.