Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
WilsonStreet said:
The real question is, "Does this generation know a thing about the English language?"

With atypical instances exhibiting exceptional flare, I would not gratuitously hesitate to concur wholeheartedly with your statement; furthermore, I would challenge any unsuspecting youthful miscreant to disprove you.

knowit. (18 years of age)
;)

Lucky_Luke

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
karr-1 said:
Didn't people get taller and bigger in general in the last few hundred years? Maybe "that" did grow as well, who knows.
The growth trend over the last 150 years is known as the "secular trend".

Misleadingly, we are not getting taller at all - only returning to a height that humans have always been. Apparently, the Industrial Revolution was brutal on human health and caused a massive reduction in human height during the 18th and early 19th century (Dickens described is world rather well).

Fact is, prior to the industrial revolution, 6' males were quite common. By 1810, 6' males were very, very rare. They are quite common now again.

And it is to be noted that "Turkana Boy" (the second most famous fossil skeleton) which is some 3.5 million years old projects an adult height of 6'.

So humans are not really growing taller at all. They are only returning to our 'normal' height that was 'stunted' during the industrial revolution (really bad hygene, really bad nutrician, really bad work environments and lots of child labour in mines and mills).

As for statistics on penis size throughout the 20th century, it would appear that studies are increasingly over time suggesting a smaller average size. That is to say, the older 20th century studies suggest a larger average size (cf. Kinsey with 6") and most contemporary studies suggesting 5.5" or even 5" is the average. This evidence suggests almost the contrary to the suggestion of this thread.

Porterhouse

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ALPHA JOCK said:
absolutely not , its a scientific fact that size doesnt increase in one generation,it takes hundreds of thousands of years to notice any difference. no this generation is not larger

What is your source on this? It's a proven fact that the men of today are a few inches taller on average than the men of a hundred years ago. With that being said I don't see why there couldn't be a difference (probably insignificant) between one generation and the next.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Porterhouse said:
What is your source on this? It's a proven fact that the men of today are a few inches taller on average than the men of a hundred years ago. With that being said I don't see why there couldn't be a difference (probably insignificant) between one generation and the next.

It's also a proven fact that the men of a hundred years ago were significantly smaller than the men of the previous century. The Industrial Revolution forced people into cities where food distribution was in its infancy, fresh food was out of the question and there was little or no money for it anyway. Long hours in poorly lit factories coupled with massive air pollution meant that city dwellers were shorter and weighed less than their predecessors.

Probably the most important factor in a person's life long health, is the health of their mother during gestation. Generally speaking, people are taller and healthier than their ancestors but the variables are huge.

It's well within the realm of possibility that better maternity care and better health care during infancy means kids are bigger all over. This isn't an issue of evolution, rather one of better health.

ieatcats1426

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think the older generation has just gotten the shaft because DDT isn't in use very often anymore, it acted as an enviornmental estrogen, so I think it supressed the development of the last generation, and now since there ins't much in use, that it's helping the younger generation.

Ineligible

1st Like
Media
That's a very interesting theory. However there are other oestrogenic substances in the environment, notably bisphenol A from breakdown of polycarbonate plastics, and hormones fed to farm animals.

I don't think there's much evidence any way. Good modern surveys often give averages around 5 - 5 1/2", but so did the few good old surveys. Kinsey's survey was based on self-reporting, and all such surveys, old or modern, give averages over 6". Older guys seem to be a little smaller, but that may be simply an effect of age.

Wilde316

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To be blunt there is no way that size hasn't changed. If you walk past a public school there are more developed girls than at any time I was in school. Girls are blossoming younger and bigger, rarely do I see a flat chested teenage girl, theoretically this should work for the boys as well. I do understand that the dramatic size change in girls could be caused by the better bras, which boost and create more breast. But since I refuse to sleep with a teenager, or to ask one to take off her shirt I will never know the truth. In theory it is obviously possible that men are getting bigger.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Wilde316 said:
To be blunt there is no way that size hasn't changed. If you walk past a public school there are more developed girls than at any time I was in school. Girls are blossoming younger and bigger, rarely do I see a flat chested teenage girl, theoretically this should work for the boys as well. I do understand that the dramatic size change in girls could be caused by the better bras, which boost and create more breast. But since I refuse to sleep with a teenager, or to ask one to take off her shirt I will never know the truth. In theory it is obviously possible that men are getting bigger.

Ah, but now you bring up the point of Hormones and such. Everyone knows that the processed food kids are eating today, is loaded with hormones. These kids are hitting puberty younger and younger, and developing more.

I say this in support of the OP. Kids today are bigger. Maybe it's in the water?:tongue:

Ryeguy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Statistically, girls are hitting puberty earlier than in previous decades. However, there has been NO conclusive evidence suggesting guys have. In fact, I'd say the opposite.

That doesn't mean guys aren't getting slightly taller; in fact, at least in many countries, they are. However, it has nothing to do with hitting puberty sooner. Furthermore, hitting puberty too soon will stunt growth.

In America, I *think* that there could be a very *small* height gain in boys because of better nutrition and diet, but whether it's just my imagination or not won't be known for another 2-3 years when studies from the past year or two will be finished and widely reported. I only have this suspicion because recent studies have been done in Australia indicating height gains over the previous generation, but there are vast differences in nutrition between this country and Australia (although, to a lesser extent than countries like the Netherland - which is why I have the suspicion).

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My mom is 5'2 my Dad is 5'7 they both survived the the depresion and WW 2.I'm 6'0 and hung like a horse so mom says.Before you say EEEEWWWW! Mom walked in on me in the shower when I was 19.I think more food and better med care have made a difference for later generations

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And before you ask I fell hard in the tub,she was just checking to make sure I was ok!Didn't help that I was masturbating when I fell!

rogue_mj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
ALPHA JOCK said:
absolutely not , its a scientific fact that size doesnt increase in one generation,it takes hundreds of thousands of years to notice any difference. no this generation is not larger

WRONG

as a doctor, my colleagues and I comment fairly frequently that the boys of today are at least an inch or two longer than our generation (40 yrs old here)

most teens have bigger cocks than the adults in my practice...... and i get to see dick daily !!!!

so YES today's generation is bigger (including cocks)

and the WHO (world health organization) is even revising the height and weight growth charts as children are exeeding the normal values statistically placing them in a greater percentile, when actually they are similar to their peers.........

l_a_dude

Experimental Member
Media
Believe me, there is nothing hotter to me that the vision of a bunch of young, hung guys at your sister's party! :biggrin1:

I need to agree with the posters who have written that it doesn't make any sense that we are getting "longer" over time. I mean, maybe it's true...and wouldn't that be fabulous??!! But hard for me to understand why that would be happening.

Then, again, as the generations go on, we are getting taller...so maybe there is something to the theory??

calboy100

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to agree with rogue mj. I have been teaching jr hs and hs since the early 1970's and I can tell you first hand that today's boys are far more developed in all respects that the first groups of kids I taught. These changes include:
1) they hit puberty far earlier. When I first started, maybe 50 to 60% of the boys in 7th grade had not started puberty. Now, it is the rare odd boy or two that hasn't. We actually have 8th graders starting to sprout chest hair and many 7th graders already have "trail" hair.

2) they are more physically developed. younger kids today are far more muscular. 7th graders routinely compare their "six packs" which is all teh rage nowadays. Part of that is cultural (they see it on TV and the movies) but also they are now physcially more advanced to be able to get more built.

3) they are better hung. i have seen it over the past few years -- the boys are bigger. I dont know about averages and all that but I can tell you from gym and sports, the boys have gained in size below. you can easily see it.

Reactions: Txprvdude

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WRONG

as a doctor, my colleagues and I comment fairly frequently that the boys of today are at least an inch or two longer than our generation (40 yrs old here)

most teens have bigger cocks than the adults in my practice...... and i get to see dick daily !!!!

so YES today's generation is bigger (including cocks)

and the WHO (world health organization) is even revising the height and weight growth charts as children are exeeding the normal values statistically placing them in a greater percentile, when actually they are similar to their peers.........
...okay, "doctor" :rolleyes:

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a young guy from "this" generation and even though you CAN tell guys are hitter puberty faster, that's basically all that's happening. Of course the penis of a 7th grader today will look more developed ("bigger") than one of thirty years ago, due to this accelerated growth. What diffrenence would it make it say boys' ears are getting bigger?

Although I didn't participate in lockerroom activities much, I definitely did not seem below average when flaccid. I'm confident in believing that the average penis size hasn't change much, if so then it changed very little, like from 5 1/2" up to 6".