Is this how HILLARY intends to unite the country?

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Trinity, you've read her talking points memo and memorized it apparently.

The reality is her name isn't on any of the treaties and those of us that were there when the Kosovar conflict was kicking off, now that she was more of a VIP visiting than any negotiating w/ Macedonia.

Nobel Prize winner that was attributed with the peace in Northern Ireland laughed at her claims to bring about peace.

For her 35 years of supposed experience I guess she counts the time she worked for a law firm as public service as well or as public defendent.

She's passed 20 bills.

Obama has co-sponsored 820 in his public career. He's also managed to draw 55-60 of democrats without constantly reporting inaccuracies or exaggerating what he's done.

Exaggeration, distortion and negative attacks are Hillary's MO.

Get with it, she's gonna have to win by 20 percent or more in every remaining contest just to tie Obama. She knows she cannot win it, so she's trying to spin Obama as a VP, misleading people in to thinking..."some of you tell me you wish you could vote for us both..well that might just happen."

It's crap, it's trying to put the assertion out there that they'll vote for her, if they think she'd pick up Obama. I find it telling that she is suggesting this on the heels of the hype that she put out about him not being ready. Oh he's ready. Wait, didn't you just say he wasn't. Just not as ready as Hillary.

She's conniving, she's putting out this bs notion that she'd chose Obama, to compell voters to vote for her, cause it's a given she'd pick Obama, if people buy in to this hype about them both on a ticket, and her leading it.

The candidate that is 100 delegates behind is projecting that she'll pick Obama, so vote for her, cause you'll end up voting for him later?

That's rich, she says that like she has the lead or the presumptive nominee.

She's manipulative.

FYI - The Clintons systematically dismantled the intelligence budget. We were attacked 4 times and had a declaration of war published by Al-Qaeda under the Clinton as a prelude to what happened in 2001. Hillary is not ready to lead or protect us from day 1.

She's ready to spin and blame from day 1.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
I see you've got the Hillary talking points memorized......and for the record, Obama won texas , he came away with more delegates......and Hillary herself once said, "It's all about the delegates".......or has she changed her mind?(and he's currently ahead in Wyoming 66%-33%.or does that state not count...I can't remember.

All the states Obama won are NOT going to go Democratic in the election,,come on,,,Wyoming..staunch republican state,,all the southern states hes won staunch republican states. Hillary has won all the states that matter ..get over it. And she won Texas and will be ahead in the popular vote over Obama,,and she will win another big state Pennsylvania,..and NO Wyoming does NOT count. Jesus,,can you think of a MORE REPUBLICAN state? lol The only BIG state Obama has one and will only win is Illinois. Oh yeah and you can throw in Florida and Michigan which she won,,but now the Obama people wanna split that vote 50-50,,lol big surprise. Hillary has won all the traditional states that Democrats need to win to be in the white house. Obama? okay hes won Illinois..only. I repeat..all the states hes won WILL NOT or Will not have any chance of going Democratic in the general election,oh wait i forgot Washington,,that will go democratic,,but thats the only other one I can think of.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
Indy-

I'm not sure there are any Hillary supporters on LPSG. And if there are any, they're hiding out after her indefensible and widely reported quote comparing her (and John McCain's) lifetime of experience to a "speech Senator Obama gave in 2004".

Such scorched-earth tactics have permanently alienated her from millions of Democrats, and to what end?

The woman is a monster, plain and simple.

Wow ,,thats pretty funny..all Obama can spout out is his "change" crap. WOW,,,how original,,"change"..dont they advocate "change"? Oh but wait he has a pretty young face and Oprah likes him,,he must be great!

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All the states Obama won are NOT going to go Democratic in the election,,come on,,,Wyoming..staunch republican state,,all the southern states hes won staunch republican states. Hillary has won all the states that matter ..get over it. And she won Texas and will be ahead in the popular vote over Obama,,and she will win another big state Pennsylvania,..and NO Wyoming does NOT count. Jesus,,can you think of a MORE REPUBLICAN state? lol The only BIG state Obama has one and will only win is Illinois. Oh yeah and you can throw in Florida and Michigan which she won,,but now the Obama people wanna split that vote 50-50,,lol big surprise. Hillary has won all the traditional states that Democrats need to win to be in the white house. Obama? okay hes won Illinois..only. I repeat..all the states hes won WILL NOT or Will not have any chance of going Democratic in the general election,oh wait i forgot Washington,,that will go democratic,,but thats the only other one I can think of.
Well, you've made it crystal clear WHY you think Hillary is going to win and I won't get into a discussion about that...I'm more interested in WHY you think she SHOULD win......can you tell me a position or policy statement that you've found that you agree with Senator Clinton more than Senator Obama?......let's discus the issues..

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Zo

3 years ago Barack Obama was in the Illinois state legislature. Nothing about his past or his record shows he is ready to lead this or any country. He may have sponsored bills while in a state legislature but he has little to show for the 12 years he was there.

Obama has not even completed a full Senate term in the United States Senate. Hillary Clinton declined to run against GWB in the last election out of respect for her committment to the people of New York. She felt she should complete the first term she was elected to hold.

Hillary's 35 years of service has been fact checked and scrutinized. While the fact check below points out that Clinton doesn't have 35 year more experience than Obama, She does have the 35 years of experience which is 15 years more than him.The New York senator often boasts of 35 years in politics. We do the math and find one of her claims is way off, but that her general point about political experience is largely accurate...

Nobody can call her experience unfactual. Trying to claim they have relatively the same experience is ridiculous. She knows more, has experienced more and understands more because of where she's been and the information she has absorbed. The Clinton Administration gave her unique experience that Obama can not match no matter how hard he tries with his resume. People get that.

I'll take First Lady experience over Illinois state legislature experience any day of the week. The 3 am ad didn't work because people are shaking in their boots. It worked because when Tim Russert asked about the next president of Russia, Obama had his chance to jump on the question and prove how "brilliant" he's supposedly is and he didn't. What did he do? He looked at Hillary LOL.:lmao: She knew the name of the successor, and aside from not perfectly pronouncing Russian names she knew the particulars of the situation with the election. Obama just concurred with Sen. Clinton adding NOTHING. Get it Zo...he's not ready!

Obama can't win it either Zo. Neither Clinton nor Obama is not expected to get 2025 delegates to outright secure the nomination. That means superdelegates will have to decide unless MI and FL are counted and/or one candidate breaks the even voting to get all the remaining contests to go heavily in her or his favor.

Let's hope for the sake of the Democratic Party and more importantly the United States of America :unitedstates: that this comes to a good conclusion with the best candidate or (candidates if we get that ticket) receiving the nomination.:usa1:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wait until the convicted terrorist friend and business partner, who he took money from, hits the press.

Yeah, I just saw the coverage of these "scandals" in the press. As I was waiting to checking out at the grocery store. On the cover of The Enquirer. And no, I'm not kidding.

And she won Texas

No, she didn't. Get your facts straight.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No caucuses do not have merit. It's peer-pressure, plain and simple. When people get into a voting booth alone, they vote differently. Obama is giving kickbacks to college kids to caucus for him. People who work and have families do not have time to stand in a hall for hours.

Obama is a fucking joke. He is the same as getting any idiot off the street, and has done nothing that is valid for running. 20 people have come forward from his school days to his state senate days, and all have said the same thing, he did NOTHING. He hasn't even gotten one major bill through the senate.

He voted for Cheney's energy bill, and now blasts it. He doesn't tell people how he voted. He voted present on Iran. He gave kickbacks to big energy companies, and his Iraq war stance is the same as Hillary's. The difference is, he doesn't know how to actually do it.

We just got over one idiot learning on the job, you want another one? Barack is a disaster. The guy cannot answer one simple question. He's a one word catchphrase. Wait until the convicted terrorist friend and business partner, who he took money from, hits the press. The guy is a con artist, and an empty suit. His despicable wife just dumps on top of all the crap he's associated with.

He hired Jesse Jackson Jr., to speak for him, for Christ's sake. He goes on television saying, Hillary is responsible for Bhutto's death, Hillary didn't cry for Hurricane Katrina victims, etc.

Obama should not be running period. He cannot win. Every state he won overwhelmingly, is a red state that will stay red, and a caucus, which is not a primary. When he lost Ohio, that was the final nail. He cannot win a general election. A two-term senator -- god.

His supporters are all kool-aid drinkers who they themselves cannot give a credible answer as to why they support him. They start throwing out, Abraham Lincon, JFK, Jesus Christ, they're insane. They are the George Bush supporters of 4 years ago. No matter what this man does, it's somebody else's fault, and he's holy. The fainting at the speeches is just the tip of the ice berg. Obama's speeches sound like a person running for student counsel. They're beyond laughable. He should be a baptist preacher.

BTW, NO GAY SHOULD EVER BE VOTING FOR HIM. What this man did is unforgivable. Putting up McClurkin after he was told twice to not use him. He gave the gay community the finger each time. Then he goes out and tells gays to treat homophobes with dignity because they don't know that they are wrong. And before you say anything, the Clintons saved the gays with DODA, getting gays into the military before getting them banned for life, and DOMA, which stopped Republicans from writing gays out of the Constitution. It was done for a reason, and saved us.

This uniting the country crap, is just that. This was George Bush's platform. Get off the idealist bullshit wagon. Start facing reality. This guy is not the second coming. I don't want Pollyana. They're doing the same thing all over again, "I want the candidate I can have a beer with." I don't want a president that acts like a friend. I want someone who will get shit done. Barack came out and admitted that he needs smarter people to help him.
How Obama wins, from Chris Cilliza of the Washington Post(who I think is hot):
Obama's Blueprint for Victory

Earlier this week, we laid out the blueprint Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.) could follow to win the nomination.
Today we offer a nomination-winning blueprint for Sen. Barack Obama. Agree or disagree with our assessment? The comments section awaits.
THE OBAMA BLUEPRINT
1. Math Matters: The stark reality of the remaining contests is unless Clinton can win 60 plus percent of the vote in each, she is unlikely to overtake Obama in the battle for pledged delegates. That means that at the end of the nominating season (Montana and South Dakota on June 3 now that Puerto Rico has moved to June 1), it will take a significant majority of the superdelegates for Clinton to wind up as the nominee. Those are the hard numbers and they ain't likely to change. The mistake the Obama campaign made in the runup to the Ohio-Texas Two-Step is mistaking the math for a message. The math can be a compelling argument when it comes to superdelegates ("To choose Clinton is to subvert the will of voters") but average people are not swayed by the fact that the Illinois Senator has a nearly impenetrable lead among pledged delegates.
2. Fight Back (Politely): Although Obama said on Tuesday that he was happy with his campaign's strategy leading into the Ohio-Texas elections, it's clear that Clinton's decision to hit him hard on national security paid dividends. While Obama's message of hope and transformational politics has served him well to date, the endgame in the Ohio-Texas Two-Step suggests that it may be time to fight more of a trench warfare battle from here on out. The issue for Obama, of course, is that he has promised a different sort of campaign and runs the risk, if he is perceived as going negative, of losing some of the support he has built to date. The solution? Fight back in the most polite terms possible -- praising Clinton as an able public servant and the questions being raised as legitimate avenues of inquiry that Obama himself has had to answer. Asked about the campaign's new strategy on a conference call earlier this week, chief Obama strategist David Axelrod said: "This is not a decision to go negative. This is an attempt to see to it that both campaigns are held to the same yardstick."
3. What Are You Hiding?: The first e-mail from the Obama campaign that arrived in The Fix inbox following the Ohio-Texas Two-Step called on Clinton to release her tax returns. But, on a conference call later Wednesday, Axelrod broadened the argument -- and in the process provided a window into the wider Obama strategy in the race. Axelrod called Clinton a "habitual non-discloser" and then later said that she has a "history on non-disclosure." Axelrod never mentioned Whitewater, the controversy over the Clinton White House travel office or the behind-closed-doors health care commission that Clinton chaired in the 1990s. He didn't have to. Expect Obama and his surrogates to trumpet the message of Clinton as secretive over the coming weeks -- using her unwillingness to release her tax returns as a symbol of a broader pattern of non-disclosure during her years in political life. Clinton's campaign has effectively leveraged the good times of her husband's presidency to their benefit; Obama will now seek to convince voters that not everything was rosy during the 1990s.
4. Guilt the Press: Clinton effectively argued with the press over the final week before March 4, repeatedly suggesting that Fourth Estate was going easy on Obama. In politics, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery; by Wednesday, the Obama campaign was urging the media to more closely examine the claims of the Clinton campaign. "We are going to ask you guys to do your jobs," said Axelrod. Will this reverse-guilt tripping of the press work for Obama in the coming months?
5. Electability is Essential: With Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) as the official Republican nominee, Obama and his campaign will urge voters to think about the remainder of the primary race through the frame of the November election. In his speech on Tuesday night, Obama briefly congratulated Clinton but then devoted a considerable chunk of his speech to the differences between him and McCain -- a subtle signal that Obama is still preparing for a general election race. In the days following Tuesday's votes, his campaign also sought to re-invigorate the storyline that Republicans so hate Clinton that they will be motivated -- regardless of the national political environment -- to turn out and vote against her in the fall. "There's a reason Rush Limbaugh was urging Republicans to cross over and vote for Hillary Clinton in Texas," said Axelrod earlier this week. As we wrote in the Clinton blueprint, the greatest fear among Democrats is that they will somehow miss a golden opportunity to take back the White House in 2008. Clinton is pushing hard on the idea that Obama's relative dearth of foreign policy experience makes him a risk. Obama will counter with the idea that Clinton is so divisive that nominating her represents the far greater risk.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hillary Clinton for President supporters have been front and center on LPSG and on this thread. Not going anywhere either. Despite Obama supporters patting eachother on the back constantly on some insight into caucuses that do not work :rolleyes2: and inaffectual attempts to discredit our remarks you haven't changed that.
Clinton did something. And what he did has helped and positively affected the lives of many gays in the military and gays in America. Read the flipflop bunch of nothing that Obama did. If you are going to support him anyway just say that.
Bill.

You left out the BILL part. Because those are things that BILL Clinton initiated. HILLARY did not. This is why I can't respect most Clinton supporters. Let me say this loud and clear.

BY SUPPORTING HILLARY CLINTON YOU ARE NOT PUTTING BILL CLINTON IN OFFICE!

YOU ARE PUTTING HILLARY CLINTON IN OFFICE!

Maybe people will learn to think after that.
Industrialsize - Cocktaste hit you where your heart is. He broke down your issues and elevated this discussion to next level. Read what he wrote. You wanted an issue discussion, you got one. And his points show just how lacking your candidate is. Which is why you ignore the points and in Obamaesque fashion rely on a charge of negativity. If you are going to support Obama anyway, just say that.
He didn't present any issues. He just talks bad about Obama and Obama supporters. Let's talk about what Hillary CAN do and not what you think Obama can't.

Bbucko - Hillary has 35 years of experience. At least 15 years more than Obama. She's better prepared to face off against McCain and will make a better President than any of the other candidates. Just like she said in the debate to thunderous applause and Obama was impotent to respond..."It took a Clinton to clean up after the first Bush, it may take another Clinton to clean up after the second."
What has HILLARY done? Her political career of 15 years over Obama? Well ummm..she's like 20 years older than him. DUH! I guess that means she just started late. Obama's been working in politics since he COULD work in it. What took Clinton so long?

And I stress this again.

Hillary != Bill

(For those who don't do computer language "!=" means "not equal to")

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't understand, why don't people see that if you put hillary back in office, Bill will have something to do with how shit is run. You think he won't be in charge on the down low?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't understand, why don't people see that if you put hillary back in office, Bill will have something to do with how shit is run. You think he won't be in charge on the down low?

Not in the least.

Is there anything you've ever seen in the persona of Hillary Clinton that gives you the impression she's interested in sharing her authority with another human being?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hillary is a liar and a Democrat in name only. She is all up the ass of the Industrial Military Complex and will certainly do Israel's bidding 'cause she accepts soooo much money from APAC and it's constituents. She will surely start more wars and will be a younger more middle class Margaret Thatcher.

Bill Clinton was a good president... but he wasn't one of the greatest Democratic presidants, he was one of the greatest Republican presidents. He was a friend to the rich and an enemy of the poor. He has proven himself to be a real douche stumping for Hillary... I had great respect for the two of them... but now after running one of the dirtiest Democratic primary campaigns EVER, I have lost all of my respect and wish that they would just go away...

Hillary is just a shade to the left of Leiberman.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Still waiting to get past the name calling and have a discussion with a Senator Clinton Supporter about an issue. c'mon, isn't there one you can talk about?

Industrialsize - Cocktaste hit you where your heart is. He broke down your issues and elevated this discussion to next level. Read what he wrote. You wanted an issue discussion, you got one. And his points show just how lacking your candidate is. Which is why you ignore the points and in Obamaesque fashion rely on a charge of negativity. If you are going to support Obama anyway, just say that.

Maybe you need to read the post again if you missed the issues the first time. :smile:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Maybe you need to read the post again if you missed the issues the first time. :smile:
Actually I did read his post....twice......and it's a breakdown on why he thinks hillary will win and why barack will lose.......I'm not stupid........An "issue" is what does he think of her tand on iraq? Which healt care proposal doe he think is better and why?....How is Hillary going to help the economy and how is her plan better than Senator Obama's?....those are issues.

If you are referring to this one paragraph:
He voted for Cheney's energy bill, and now blasts it. He doesn't tell people how he voted. He voted present on Iran. He gave kickbacks to big energy companies, and his Iraq war stance is the same as Hillary's. The difference is, he doesn't know how to actually do it.

It barely makes sense........as far as the Vote on the Kyl-Lieberman bill(the vote on Iran I tink he is referring to).....Senator Clinton voted yes, Senator Obama knew it wasn't going to pass and didn't vote. He would have voted no. I believe this bill was dangerous saber rattling by the Bush Administration which would only bring us closer to war with IRAN.

Saying his stance on Iraq is the Same as Senator Clinton's is disingenuos and just wrong.

He gave kickback's to big energy companies? That's news to me, How? When? Where?
Ranting is not a discussion and hardly elevating.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

For the sake of argument, I went back and read the post again. Just like the first read, it still contains nothing substantive with regard to Senator Clinton or her campaign. The entire post was nothing but potshots at Senator Obama and his supporters.

If you must be a sycophantic dickrider, at least have the self-respect to glom onto someone who's actually saying something.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For the sake of argument, I went back and read the post again. Just like the first read, it still contains nothing substantive with regard to Senator Clinton or her campaign. The entire post was nothing but potshots at Senator Obama and his supporters.

If you must be a sycophantic dickrider, at least have the self-respect to glom onto someone who's actually saying something.

You go boy!!!! Industrial Size broke it all down with the Chris Cilliza quote.

The bottom line is that Clinton CANNOT beat John McCain.

Plus... shouldn't we as democrats, be in the business of unity? Our republican brothers and sisters HATE Hillary with a passion reserved for only for Satan himself. Why should we as democrats, be trying to shove the person that they hate the most in their face?

It is not being considerate to our Republican brethren. We need to heal the bi-partisanship in this country and Barack Obama is the person to unite our entire country as one. Republicans have no problem with Barack Obama, they are looking forward to his presidency... but they are NOT looking forward to a Hillary presidency and will fight her with everything they've got, which means she will lose, because the Republican war machine is next to unstoppable.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks Hazelgod for putting that so well...that is what the Obama supporters sound like and what you have done throughout this thread...phew thanks for saying that!

3 years ago Barack Obama was in the Illinois state legislature. Nothing about his past or his record shows he is ready to lead this or any country. He may have sponsored bills while in a state legislature but he has little to show for the 12 years he was there.

Obama has not even completed a full Senate term in the United States Senate. Hillary Clinton declined to run against GWB in the last election out of respect for her committment to the people of New York. She felt she should complete the first term she was elected to hold.

Hillary's 35 years of service has been fact checked and scrutinized. While the fact check below points out that Clinton doesn't have 35 years more experience than Obama, She does have the 35 years of experience which is 15 years more than him.
The New York senator often boasts of 35 years in politics. We do the math and find one of her claims is way off, but that her general point about political experience is largely accurate...

Nobody can call her experience not factual. Trying to claim they have relatively the same experience is ridiculous. She knows more, has experienced more and understands more because of where she's been and the information she has absorbed. The Clinton Administration gave her unique experience that Obama can not match no matter how hard he tries with his resume. People get that.

I'll take First Lady experience over Illinois state legislature experience any day of the week. The 3 AM television ad didn't work because people are shaking in their boots. It worked because when Tim Russert asked about the next president of Russia, Obama had his chance to jump on the question and prove how "brilliant" he supposedly is...HE DIDN'T. What did he do? He looked at Hillary LOL.:lmao: She knew the name of the successor, and aside from not perfectly pronouncing the Russian name she knew the particulars of the situation with the election. Obama merely concurred with Sen. Clinton adding NOTHING. Get it...he's not ready!

Obama can't win it either Zo. Neither Clinton nor Obama is not expected to get 2025 delegates to outright secure the nomination. That means superdelegates will have to decide unless MI and FL are counted and/or one candidate breaks the even voting to get all the remaining contests to go heavily in her or his favor.

Let's hope for the sake of the Democratic Party and more importantly the United States of America :unitedstates: that this comes to a good conclusion with the best candidate or (candidates if we get that ticket) receiving the nomination.:usa1:

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Trinity why did you post the same thing twice?

It also amazes me how people, when facing an uphill battle (admittedly) tend to completely look over things that they don't want to respond to and respond to the things that makes it easier to prove/disprove a point that didn't already exist.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As of late, when pressed on the issue as to why she is the one to take the 3 am phone call........Senator clinton has mentioned the work she did on a trip to Kosovo to "open the borders" and her helping to "negotiate peace in Ireland. It has now come out in the press that the Kosovo trip was actually a semi USO trip to entertain the troops. On this trip to "Open the Borders" she was accompanied by Sheryl Crow and the comedian Sinbad. On the Ireland trip, President Clinton did the "heavy lifting". First Lady Hillary Clinton had tea with dignitaries. This revealtion comes from one of the Government officials in Ireland who was puzzled at Senator Clinton's claim to have helped negotitate peace in Ireland.

more info on Clinton in Ireland and kosovo:
Clinton's experience claim under scrutiny -- chicagotribune.com

Clinton Negotiating in Kosovo:

Attachments