Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Each person matures at a different rate. Some people hit their mid 20s and still can't grow a full beard. It's all about heredity and just how your body goes through puberty. While you might be a late bloomer, it's nothing to beat your self up over.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Dude, seriously - put away any potential embarrassment and make an appointment with your doctor. You may have a hormonal problem which, if not corrected, will doom you to never fully developing.

Doctor might very well say that everything checks out good and you are just on a later track than others in your age group, or he might find an issue which can be addressed easily now but no so easily later.

Meetmee

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dude, seriously - put away any potential embarrassment and make an appointment with your doctor. You may have a hormonal problem which, if not corrected, will doom you to never fully developing.

Doctor might very well say that everything checks out good and you are just on a later track than others in your age group, or he might find an issue which can be addressed easily now but no so easily later.

I second that. You may not be producing enough testosterone. I think there are pretty simple hormone therapies to correct this, but the longer you wait, the harder it could get to fix. GO TO A REAL DOCTOR AND GET OFF THE INTERNET!

Otep

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Um...the alarmists need to settle down a bit. There is absolutely nothing abnormal about someone not being able to grow a beard and having very little armpit hair. I'm 24, have very little armpit hair and couldn't grow a beard if my life depended on it. Yes it's always a good idea to seek medical advice rather than relying on message boards but he shouldn't think that anything is necessarily wrong with him at this point.

aqua-illusion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm quite hairless...I've got hairy knuckles and hair on my feet...but some people just don't grow lots of hair.
I don't have pit hairs either...but I can grow a baby mustache and stubbly beard, lol!

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Um...the alarmists need to settle down a bit. There is absolutely nothing abnormal about someone not being able to grow a beard and having very little armpit hair. I'm 24, have very little armpit hair and couldn't grow a beard if my life depended on it. Yes it's always a good idea to seek medical advice rather than relying on message boards but he shouldn't think that anything is necessarily wrong with him at this point.

A 4" dick at age 18 plus insignificant armpit & facial hair may be a sign of delayed or impeded development. I would be curious to know the girth of the OP's erect penis (normal? thin?) and testicle development.

My comments are not about freaking him out; just that there are a lot of people walking around out there who would have benefited from early medical intervention for a whole host of problems.

Talesof_Ted

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey bud don't Panic Pubic hair was the bain of my teenage life some of my friends had bushy black pubes aged 13 my first dark hairs never appeared until I was 15 by the time I was 21 I probably still only had the pubic hair of the average 15 year old and it never grew much since. The truth is lack of pubic hair is no reflection on the ability of a person to perform sexually in any way. And look around the forums look at the pics lots of those who do have pubic hair trim ,mow or shave it off.

Meetmee

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
its nice that everyone wants him to feel good, but he should go see a doctor. if he's fine, great; if not, then he can get help. why discourage him from seeking professional advice?

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
yea, no alarm. perfectly normal, your really lucky. dont sweat it and be thankfull.

Jeez, people, the man is 18 years old and has a 4" erect penis.

Thankfully, we live in an age when these things can be fixed (if due to a medical problem like low testosterone production), but only if caught early enough. Better the OP goes to a doctor now then spends the rest of his life wondering, "What if...?"

Puberty and Teen Penis Size - Facts about Puberty and Teen Penis Size

JimA1

Just Browsing
Media
I third the Dr. visit. It never hurts to consult a professional over the opinion of an online forum. If it all checks out then keep on rocking, and if not, at least you're catching it now vs later when it could be too late.

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"Something wrong" may not be the best term. There are lots of guys out there like you, so it can't be "wrong". But I would see a doctor, who may refer you to an endocrinologist, and you'll get at least an explanation. Hormone therapy might be suggested, and that could result in more hair (and possibly dick) growth. If everything else is functioning fine, you could pass on the hormones and accept things as they are. But I'd still see a doctor, if only to allay any fears.

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media
I am 18 years old and I barely have any armpit hair. I dont seem to be growing much facial hair either.... Is there something wrong with me :(? My dick is also quite small (4inch erect :/)

Would you be comfortable discussing your concerns with your parents? Nothing you describe is abnormal but it could be advantageous being examined by a physician.

Some of us develop slowly. My pecker finished growing in my twenties; I began shaving after 21 or 22 with nothing but fine peach fuzz for a beard. I was slow developing any chest hair.

If there had been medical help way back then, It would have been good for me. Getting examined by a doc can't hurt; get reassurance or, indeed, learn if there is anything unusual. You feel better.

henry8888

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Would you be comfortable discussing your concerns with your parents? Nothing you describe is abnormal but it could be advantageous being examined by a physician.

Some of us develop slowly. My pecker finished growing in my twenties; I began shaving after 21 or 22 with nothing but fine peach fuzz for a beard. I was slow developing any chest hair.

If there had been medical help way back then, It would have been good for me. Getting examined by a doc can't hurt; get reassurance or, indeed, learn if there is anything unusual. You feel better.

what age were you when it finished growing? and was it mainly girth growth in your 20's?