Is this PC? If you answer no please include why.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_sugarandspice, Dec 18, 2007.

1. B_sugarandspice

B_sugarandspice New Member

Junglefever
    PC?
    So many terms are no longer PC and have negative conotations even if they didn't originally. Did anyone ever like this term or hate it?
    I think interracial dating is hot.

2. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I dunno about PC, but definitely passé.

3. B_DEATHbyCARROT

B_DEATHbyCARROT New Member

It's all PC to me. I'm not a Black man who cares if he sees a Black woman with a White dude.

4. BigDuder

BigDuder New Member

who gives a shit if a term is pc? i'll tell you who: old people.

5. B_sugarandspice

Actually ya better watch your mouth in DC and know how you can play with someone even joking and know what slang terms are appropriate or not.The common acceptance and meanings of words change and everyone has to keep up. I only ask about the term jungle fever out of curiosity. It doesn't seem like a word that would be appreciated in this day and time but I wanted someone to elaborate and see where this thread would go.
    People can be very upset and you don't want to disrespect anyone by mistake.
    btw,ya like my verification ?and I don't go to Bethesda to drink. I don't even remember you asking me to.

6. BigDuder

BigDuder New Member

ok. who under 40 in montgomery county is concerned with the pc issue?

7. BigDuder

BigDuder New Member

if they exist, i wouldn't want to meet them.

8. B_sugarandspice

LMAO
    lots of people.

9. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wasn't originally offended by the term, but I don't like it now.

10. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

It's not a term I don't like but pc has gone too far so I just say what I want and if anyone wants to sue me they're welcome too. In the uk we read article after article about how we're not doing this or that and not using this or that term in case we offend someone, bugger them, if they're going to choose to be offended they'll always find something to take the huff about.

11. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    most of the members here are old

12. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

I agree with Hazelgod...definitely passe!

13. naughty

Gold Member

Sugar and Spice,

I live near and work in DC, so I do understand what you are saying. That being said, I think the problem with the term "Jungle fever" is its allusion to the adolescent fantasies of young caucasian males of generations previous of young nubile tribal females from deepest darkest Africa fostered by National Geographics magazine. Though interracial (Actually intercultural) relationships have been around for years, that term still sparks the titillation factor of trying something forbidden. I think it objectifies both parties involved and devalues any true feelings they may or may not harbor towards one another. If you like the interplay of light against dark the term is called Chiaroscuro....:biggrin1:

14. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Such a witty post...and from a woman no less.

15. B_sugarandspice

oh my! yes I do .how is that pronounced?

16. B_sugarandspice

Mmm interplay between light and dark.. how dreamy!
    thank you for the delightful info!

17. Principessa

Gold Member

18. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I never really dealt with racial terminology when growing up. I was isolated and read books. The books never dealt with racial problems. Martians, yes. Blacks, No.

So when I was 17 and working, another black teenager tried to anger me by calling me a "honky cracker". It didn't mean anything. I shrugged it off and he sought other ways to anger me ( I never asked for a reason or why).

Jungle Fever seems to draw no illict meaning. Salt N'Pepper person seems a little friendlier, though someone might object, no?

19. Principessa

Gold Member

ZOS23xy,Tee hee hee that's cute, you seem to have no clue as to what jungle fever is.:rolleyes::tongue: I could just tell you the true definition which is malaria. But clearly you need to be educated.
    Jungle Fever (n.) The condition of finding African Americans physically attractive.

“You’re going to study with Ne Ville? What do you have, jungle fever?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the Urban Dictionary
    2.Jungle feverA white person dating a person of color.
    Jessica got jungle feva'

3.Jungle Fever An inter-racial relationship, namely between a white person and a black person.
    John has jungle fever, can't get enough of that black pussy.

4.jungle fever When a non-black person is atracted sexually to black people. Originally it was used for when a white woman dates black men, but now it could refer to a white man who thinks black women are hot and wants to date them.

A Stevie Wonder song about black man/white woman love.
    "She's gon black guy crazy
    He's gone white girl hazy
    They got jungle fever"--Stevie Wonder.

5.Jungle FeverWhites/Blacks who make dating Blacks/Whites into a fetish activity. That is, they're consumed by the mythology behind a person's race (ie virility of Black men, the Black penis, Blacks as more primitive and closer to the mythical Jungle, etc.) than the person him/herself. Many are attracted to such relationships because they perceive them as transgressive and are turned on by that.

Not all Black-White relationships are based on Jungle Fever. However, one may be able to identify relationships that are based on Jungle Fever by analyzing the couple's dating history. For instance, if a White person who lives in an area with few Blacks has only dated Blacks, then it's likely that that person has Jungle Fever.

Generally considered a derogatory term that hints at past colonial relationships between Blacks and Whites, where White colonizers enter, with fascination, the African Jungle in order to learn from and conquer it.
    Watch out for that White girl Angela cause she has major jungle fever. She can't keep her eyes off tha brothers, probably because her daddy won't let her date a brother.

6.Jungle FeverOne who sweats a person from a different race. An interracial romance, most commonly between a blonde white girl and an African-American thug.

Snowbunny, a CGQ, definitely's got a thang with Kobe.. she's startin' to get jungle fever. Yeah Leanne, get it! Oh mi so horni.

7.jungle feverJungle Fever doesn't only exsist with Caucasians, people of other races use this term as well... when they see one of their own dating a black person.
    Rob: yo did you see that sexy Latina over there? lets hit her up

David: fuck that aye, she got jungle fever... saw her with some black man the other day

The interesting thing about this last example is that once intimate with a black person the person of the other race is often shunned by their own community. They are treated as if they have a contagious disease . . . jungle fever.

20. B_sugarandspice

Draft saved Draft deleted