Is this Salary possible?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You can't deny the correlation between education and income. That doesn't mean all less educated people don't make a lot of money or all educated people make a lot.

The difference is that "less" educated people do not have to pay back student loan for 20 years or more. (while they work a job as a waiter or other job that they did not need a degree for)....either way I will tell my nephew and niece to get a degree.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
education had nothing to do with it, my brother and i both have our G.E.D and we make real good money, our income is considered upper middle. My cousin who has degrees up the wazoo is now selling car insurance at her 40 grand/yr. The money she spent on her education was money well pissed up, seeing how she never used her degrees, other than her diploma on the wall.

some people don't get degrees just so they can make money. i sure as hell didn't.

Shawn777

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
My parents own a construction business and there are some jobs in which California mandates you pay more and I'm pretty sure I've seen pay at the rate of $50 an hour for one of the pay checks.

It happens.

I also know that there's a great deal of money for guys who build bridges and water tanks. Building water tanks used to pay enough to retire comfortably at the age of 40.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can't deny the power of being in the political clique either. I call it the "buddy system". If you don't know somebody, you don't get any of the good jobs in my area. I don't know anybody, so I get the crap work...
Instead of staying there doing the crap work and complaining about it, why not move somewhere else? I suspect your psychological make up won't allow you to do that.

The difference is that "less" educated people do not have to pay back student loan for 20 years or more. (while they work a job as a waiter or other job that they did not need a degree for)....either way I will tell my nephew and niece to get a degree.
You don't need to get huge student loans to go to college. Some alternatives are
1) go to a local college and live at home to reduce costs,
2) go to a cheaper community college for two years then transfer to another college to finish your last two years.
3) work the summers and weekends during school to pay the tuition.
4) go to a public university where the tuition is lower.

I don't think a college education guarantees you anything, but it does show that you were able to commit yourself to a goal and finish it. Also, some majors are more practical than others. i.e. all degrees aren't equal.

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
contract to iraq. they take your civilian salary and and add on about 30-60% for doing it in a dangerous area. i know a bunch of kids making a shitton right now doing that.