is this too abnormal?

anyaboo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, I'm working on a writing project, and one of my characters is a 42-year-old man. I was wondering, is it a sign that something is seriously wrong if a man that age starts getting wet dreams again?

If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Later,
Anya Boo

avotman1234

Just Browsing
Media
I disagree. I am a writer, and older man. Wet dreams are unusual in older men. That is, unless you get a hard on and rub it against sheets. That does happen.
chaz. ohio

anyaboo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But do you guys think it's a sign of something that's wrong, or is it just uncommon?

Thanks!
Anya

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hmm. Wrong as in physically wrong or do you mean just unusual at that age?

I think it's highly variable. I've had like maybe two or three wet dreams in my life, but I've heard of guys who have them every night and are lucid enough in the dreams to look forward to them every night. I'm a very sound sleeper. Some are very light sleepers.

As far as does it fit in a book that a man starts having copious wet dreams at 42? Probably not if you want to be realistic, unless maybe he's always been that way. One or two wet dreams or intermittent wet dreams? I think this is absolutely normal, but since I don't have them I'm not sure.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
anyaboo said:
is this too abnormal?

Anya
I thought you were having fun with a dog in here. :confused:

Wet dreams are perfectly normal. Now tell us what you were dreaming about.:wink:

BTW do you write erotic literature?

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
anyaboo said:
... is it a sign that something is seriously wrong if a man that age starts getting wet dreams again?
I would hope not. I'm nearly fifty and they never stopped. I wish they would stop but that seems unlikely.

Hirsute

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think they would be indicative of a man's virility to be able tohave wet dreams later in life.

Wet Dreams (as I recall) are wonderfully satisfying!

anyaboo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do I write erotic literature?

Hmmm...I don't, per se, but I am writing a novel about a man who is tortured by his inner, unwanted erotic urges. It is the NATURE of those urges (as in who they center around) that tortures him. His name's Paul. I won't tell you his last name because it will hurt the seriousness and validity of the book. Nor will I tell you why he has to be rushed to the ER on the first page.

Hee hee, that was funny about "having fun with a dog in here." :biggrin1: :tongue: At first I didn't quite get it (sometimes I'm a little slow---it's a redhead thing; we're kind of like blondes, only quirkier and goofier).

BTW, the best dream I've ever had to date--and there have been a LOT of them--involved my hooking up with a recently single Ashton Kutcher (shut up, I know I'm a dork, but I think he's f*cking gorgeous and every time I see him I want to lay him), and then later on in that same dream, John Mayer. John Mayer was an oddity to show up in my dream, because a) I don't care for his music, save for 1 or 2 of his songs, and b) I don't think he's that hot. I mean, his eyes are kind of sultry looking, but beyond that, he's pretty ordinary and goofy emo-boy-ish. But ever since my dream of laying BOTH of them, I find both celebrities intriguing.

I HAVE to get off my computer now...work tomorrow!
Later,
Anya (which isn't my real name, nor does it even start with the same letter. It's just my favorite female name in the world. As for the "Boo" part, I just needed three more letters)

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
anyaboo said:
Okay, I'm working on a writing project, and one of my characters is a 42-year-old man. I was wondering, is it a sign that something is seriously wrong if a man that age starts getting wet dreams again?
If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Later,Anya Boo

I do not pretend to represent normalcy in this respect, since I am both older and sexually quite youthful, virile, active and potent! I engage in sex as often as the next guy....my wet dreams are a frequent occurrence and I really enjoy them! I have them anywhere from once a month to once or twice a week! I have been having them for 60 years and I can see no reason why they need to stop at any particular age. Sex can go on with healthy men for their entire lives! I think if you are a healthy,horny man, chances are you will continue to experience these emissions! So anyaboo, give your character at least the flexibility to have these wet dreams, without labelling him as neurotic or as having a sexual aberration! I know what it is like to be the subject of a novel involving sexual exploits and behavior...it is very demanding... so give your guy a break.. let him be normal!:tongue: :cool: :rolleyes: :wink: :smile:

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Having wet dreams after adolescense is unusual but not abnormal. If all adult men decided to stop having sex and masturbate, their bodies would naturally release semem at night. (Can you imagine how much aggressiveness would increase?). The scenario just seems highly improbable because even in periods of sexual inactivity, adult men have learned how to take care of "the urges". It's like learning how not to wet yoru bed.

anyaboo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hot Bulge, I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused. Are you saying that if a man masturbates and/or has sex regularly, he doesn't have wet dreams as often?

The male species is SO confusing!!!! Aaahhh!!! (Just kidding...):tongue:

If you could clarify, that'd help. Thanks!
Anya

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
anyaboo said:
Hot Bulge, I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused. Are you saying that if a man masturbates and/or has sex regularly, he doesn't have wet dreams as often?

The male species is SO confusing!!!! Aaahhh!!! (Just kidding...):tongue:

If you could clarify, that'd help. Thanks!
Anya

Correct----wet dreams are nature's "housekeeping". SOme men have them, some don't. I personally have never had one in my life, but I also masturbate. The body rids itself of excess semen in various ways--including wet dreams, masturbation, sex, of course, expulsion with the urine in some guys, or reabsorbtion. Sorry to Hijack, I know you directed this at hotbulge, but, as I have said before, I can;t keep my mouth shut sometimes.:biggrin1: GOod luck with your writing!

anyaboo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks, David. By the way, I do the same thing--ALL the time--when it comes to questions not directed at me. I somehow feel that it's my duty to give my opinion on all matters, even those I know nothing about. So it's all good. :cool: :wink:

Later...I'll keep you guys updated on the writing.
Anya

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
anyaboo said:
Do I write erotic literature?...I don't...
Hee hee, that was funny about "having fun with a dog in here." :biggrin1: :tongue:

Anyaboo
Welcome to the site Anya.

I'm glad that you liked that joke.

Re: the topic: I hadn't had a wet dream for the longest time until ~Oct. 2005 when I read "psdmn's" Fantasy about Two College Guys:

http://www.measurection.com/fusionbb/showpost.php?post/180730/

Prevention of wet dreams is mentioned in my post from dongalong's "Evil stench" thread:

http://www.lpsg.org/514150-post30.html

I hope to see some of your work in the lpsg fictious stories section someday Anya.

lol dreamer20